Assistant 2 v1.2 available
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but a new version of Assistant 2 software is available.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2018-1-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

thanks for the info !!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing! The DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.0 is available and here is the release note:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 81.2.0%EF%BC%89.pdf
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-5 01:48
Thanks for sharing! The DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.0 is available and here is the release note:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180102/DJI+Assistant+2+Release+Notes%EF%BC%881.2.0%EF%BC%89.pdf

And when does DJI have the things right in their release notes?

A lot of things just don't match up and lack of information makes it impossible to track down when and where different issues was introduced/solved.
Same goes for FW release notes.
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! Just downloaded it. Worked out great, just got a new PC and hadn't loaded it yet.
2018-1-5
Use props
archied
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107838 ft
United States

Even with this new version, I am unable to get past the following message.   Brand new Mavic and I haven't been able to get Assistant 2 to work ever.   I have tried on a Mac and on a Windows 10 PC.  

Any suggestions?

2018-1-6
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-6 18:52
Even with this new version, I am unable to get past the following message.   Brand new Mavic and I haven't been able to get Assistant 2 to work ever.   I have tried on a Mac and on a Windows 10 PC.  

Any suggestions?

I am not sure how you are trying to connect but you need to connect either the RC or Mavic to the computer with the black cable that came with it. That is micro usb to either RC or Mavic and usb to PC. Then turn on the RC or Mavic and in the picture you showed above, you should see the usb cable moving in and out and then move in to show a connection. You will then see a box appear for either the RC or Mavic and you click on that to continue with the firmware update.
I can't help with Mac but certainly with Windows, you need to restart the PC and enable unsigned drivers before installing Assistant 2 otherwise you won't get the usb to connect.
2018-1-6
Use props
Snownut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2188 ft
United States

Is the assistant used just to update firmware in RC and Drone?  So its not recqired with P4P Drones?
2018-1-7
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-6 22:39
I am not sure how you are trying to connect but you need to connect either the RC or Mavic to the computer with the black cable that came with it. That is micro usb to either RC or Mavic and usb to PC. Then turn on the RC or Mavic and in the picture you showed above, you should see the usb cable moving in and out and then move in to show a connection. You will then see a box appear for either the RC or Mavic and you click on that to continue with the firmware update.
I can't help with Mac but certainly with Windows, you need to restart the PC and enable unsigned drivers before installing Assistant 2 otherwise you won't get the usb to connect.

I followed the procedures at the following location for enabling unsigned drivers, reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.  I got the message about allowing unsigned drivers and accepted the drivers during the re-installation.   Rebooted my PC and attempted to connect.  I am still not connecting to via the MicroUSB port on the controller or the aircraft.  

What USB device should I see in the Windows Device manager?  It like the USB driver isn't loading at all.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/i ... -drivers-windows10/
2018-1-7
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

archied Posted at 2018-1-7 07:27
I followed the procedures at the following location for enabling unsigned drivers, reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.  I got the message about allowing unsigned drivers and accepted the drivers during the re-installation.   Rebooted my PC and attempted to connect.  I am still not connecting to via the MicroUSB port on the controller or the aircraft.  

What USB device should I see in the Windows Device manager?  It like the USB driver isn't loading at all.

Is anyone running Windows 10 (64-bit) and successfully running DJI Assistant 2?

I am running 64-bit Windows 10.   I have dug into the install file a bit and here is what I have found..

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers\DriverSetup64.bat

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\fdt\ftdibus.inf"
%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\fdt\ftdiport.inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
REG DELETE "HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Serialcomm" /v Winachsf0 /f

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\Vision\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\winusb\x64\winusb.inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\STM_VCOM\stmcdc.inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\ADBDriver\android_winusb.inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\rockusb\x64\win7\rockusb.inf"

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a ".\CP210x\slabvcp.inf"

@echo off
echo please reboot your system!

rem shutdown -r

Is there a way to run these manually?  I do not have a sysnative directory and I found this about the sysnative directory..

http://www.samlogic.net/articles ... -64-bit-windows.htm

So, I don't think I can just open a command window and run the batch file.
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep and works great too!
2018-1-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-7 07:27
I followed the procedures at the following location for enabling unsigned drivers, reinstalled DJI Assistant 2.  I got the message about allowing unsigned drivers and accepted the drivers during the re-installation.   Rebooted my PC and attempted to connect.  I am still not connecting to via the MicroUSB port on the controller or the aircraft.  

I am using Win10 64bit and the method you used to install unsigned drivers is correct.
In device manager you may need to view hidden devices but you should see a Folder called libusb-win32 devices and if you expand it you will have an entry called Vision (inteface 3).
When you connect either the RC or the drone to the computer are you then turning it on?
Then open the Assistant 2 software.
Is there any chance that you have an antivirus or firewall program that could be blocking the usb device?
2018-1-8
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

I do not see a folder called libusb-win32 but I do see a Vision (interface 3) listed under Jawbone device??  It's owned by DJI.

2018-1-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-10 16:43
I do not see a folder called libusb-win32 but I do see a Vision (interface 3) listed under Jawbone device??  It's owned by DJI.

[view_image]

Well that indicates that you do have a driver installed and should be able to get a connection.
Do you have antivirus or firewall software that could block a usb device?
2018-1-10
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-10 21:50
Well that indicates that you do have a driver installed and should be able to get a connection.
Do you have antivirus or firewall software that could block a usb device?

I do have Norton Security install.  I have attempted to disable the Norton FW and OnAccess scanning without any luck.  

Is there any special mode that the RC needs to be in?  I am just powering it on and connecting the micro USB to the charging port.

2018-1-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-11 03:22
I do have Norton Security install.  I have attempted to disable the Norton FW and OnAccess scanning without any luck.  

Is there any special mode that the RC needs to be in?  I am just powering it on and connecting the micro USB to the charging port.

No, you normally just need to connect the RC to the computer usb port as you have done, turn the RC on, open the Assistant 2 software and you should get a connection.
I am not familiar with Norton but if you are able to use other devices in the usb port then you should be able to get this connection.
2018-1-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I do have Norton Security install.  I have attempted to disable the Norton FW and OnAccess scanning without any luck.  

Is there any special mode that the RC needs to be in?  I am just powering it on and connecting the micro USB to the charging port.

Have you tried running Assistant 2 while Driver Signature Enforcement is still disabled i.e. not just when installing but running too? I believe you said above that you installed Ass2 and then rebooted. Also, try running Ass2 in Admin mode (right click on the desktop icon and select Run as Admin).

2018-1-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

This may be your problem as well:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-128071-1-1.html
2018-1-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-11 21:05
This may be your problem as well:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-128071-1-1.html

Nicely spotted, Jenee. I suppose that's be value of having a foot in each camp... ;-)
2018-1-11
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. However, I saw that post already and have allowed visionstarter.exe within Norton when I initially installed the software..   
I am not even getting to that part of the application at this point.  I cannot get the DJI assistant 2 application to ever leave the "connect USB" screen.
2018-1-12
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-11 20:09
Have you tried running Assistant 2 while Driver Signature Enforcement is still disabled i.e. not just when installing but running too? I believe you said above that you installed Ass2 and then rebooted. Also, try running Ass2 in Admin mode (right click on the desktop icon and select Run as Admin).

Tried that and but I still cannot connect.  Thanks for the recommendation.
2018-1-12
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

For all those having problems I recently had problems connecting to Assistant, in the end I uninstalled and reinstalled but I also tried 6 cables and only 2 worked in uploading data so it could well be your cable that is the problem.
2018-1-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-12 05:37
Thanks. However, I saw that post already and have allowed visionstarter.exe within Norton when I initially installed the software..   
I am not even getting to that part of the application at this point.  I cannot get the DJI assistant 2 application to ever leave the "connect USB" screen.

Usually when you connect a usb device, the PC makes a sound (providing your sound is turned up) which indicates the PC is recognising that a usb cable/device is connected. When you connect your RC or Mavic do you hear that sound and do you also hear it when you turn the RC or Mavic on?
2018-1-12
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-12 20:46
Usually when you connect a usb device, the PC makes a sound (providing your sound is turned up) which indicates the PC is recognising that a usb cable/device is connected. When you connect your RC or Mavic do you hear that sound and do you also hear it when you turn the RC or Mavic on?

I noticed this as well.  I don't hear anything at all.
2018-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

archied Posted at 2018-1-15 12:24
I noticed this as well.  I don't hear anything at all.

Just confirming - do you hear a "boop-bop" sound when Anything is plugged into a USB port, like a storage key? If you do, but you don't when you plug your powered-on craft in, then it's no being detected - as Jenee is saying above.
2018-1-15
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-15 15:27
Just confirming - do you hear a "boop-bop" sound when Anything is plugged into a USB port, like a storage key? If you do, but you don't when you plug your powered-on craft in, then it's no being detected - as Jenee is saying above.

Yes,  I have other USB items that are working properly.  I hear the "boop-bob" sound when unplugging/plugging in other USB devices.

I have tried this on 2 separate Windows 10 machines in my home and also my Macbook Pro.   I am more inclined to think something is wrong with the controller and Mavic.
2018-1-19
Use props
gth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146017 ft
Australia

I'm having similar issues - not recognising DJI remote control when connected via USB.  I got lucky and the drone itself upgraded via the Nexus 10, but the RC isn't playing ball.

Thanks to this thread, I drilled down and found that the DriverSetup64 batch file was failing to install dji_vcom_driver11.inf which is the "DJI USB Virtual COM" driver (which would explain my issue).

Only problem is, there's no detail on why it's failing to install...

Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf :            dji_vcom_driver11.inf
Failed to install the driver on any of the devices on the system : No more data is available.

Total attempted:              1
Number successfully imported: 0

Ideas?
2018-3-16
Use props
gth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146017 ft
Australia

Found a bit more detail by attempting to Update Driver on the USB port that the Microsoft  USB driver is managing (via Device Manager -> (port) -> Update Driver -> ... -> Have Disk -> DJI  Assistant's Drivers/VCOM folder...  and  getting an error message stating "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

As a technical admin, I'm guessing it's just an oversight when DJI built the drivers, but it doesn't sound good from the point of view of an average user.

2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules