Interference, transmitter or wookong error?
847 2 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
najdenov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1189452 ft
Bulgaria

Hello,

We are flying a Cinestar 8 with Wookong M with futaba 14sg. In one of the flights we were on the beach and we had to film close to(~100 meters) an military station with a radar and different antennas. We made range check and the range was shorter than usual but adequate and we decided to fly. Everything was ok for about 20 minutes and I was going to land when I suddenly lost control. The copter not further than 30 meters away and was just staying in one place with no reaction on my sticks commands. Switching to Attitude fixed the problem and we land succesufully. Looking at the log we noticed that the control mode level has switched from 0 to 1 where 0 is GPS Atti, 6 is Atti and 3 is Manual. In between should be Failsafe(if we understand correctly the log), but if the copter entry in Failsafe it should gain height and go to home point and no such thing happen for atleast 9 seconds until I realized the problem and switched to Attitude. Attached is a picture of the log.

Is it possible this to happen due to interference or maybe some error in transmitter or wookong?

control_mode.JPG
2015-4-21
Use props
najdenov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1189452 ft
Bulgaria

Just noticed that 1 is Waypoint mode! No idea how can I miss that.
We do not have a setting to change that through the transmitter.
We have a tablet connected as well for a second person to track the position, satellites, battery and etc.
2015-4-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Hi, you r right it's Failsafe mode.
I think it might because the GPS signal was too weak to execute the Go Home command, so it just stayed hovering.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules