Unable to change camera settings during cold weath
870 8 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carl B
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I'm working almost one year with the Inspire PRO and logged quite some flying time. However, before Christmas I had a photogrammetrie assigment and I saw some strange beheauvior when trying to change the camera settings. In order to be sure I've done a test flight this week and saw something similar happening.

A. When starting the drone it seems to work perfectly except for:

• I could not format the SD card, not change any camera settings, no swapping between still picture and movie, nor the angle of the camera in the DJI GO app.
  • All buttons on the controller worked perfectly (wheel to control the camera angle and the buttons to take pictures/movies)
  • Got always the beginner mode and could not fly further then 30m

B. Next step I landed the drone, close the DJI GO app and used DroneDeploy to do a little photogrammetrie flight

• The drone went past the 30m mark without any problems
  • Pictures were taken, but all out of focus because of the settings

C. Before landing I switched to GPS mode and activated the DJI Go App and everything started to work normally:

• I could change all camera settings
  • There was no distance limit

The weather was 6 degrees, but with 8m/sec wind. So the chill temperature was probably between 1 or 2 degrees. Could the problems I experienced be a result of cold temperature? I recall that when doing my assignment the temperature and wind conditions were similar. Anybody any thoughts?

Thanks,

Carl

2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Carl. Please provide the following info for further check. Any error message? What is the mode during flight at that time? I would recommend you log in DJI account before flight. Or the range will be limited. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-4
Use props
Carl B
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 02:28
Hi, Carl. Please provide the following info for further check. Any error message? What is the mode during flight at that time? I would recommend you log in DJI account before flight. Or the range will be limited. Thanks for your support.

Dear,
Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:
- There were no error messages and I was in the P-Mode (only for DroneDeploy I used the F-Mode).
- Re-Logging-in did not change anything. I did it before the start of the flight, but it didn't change the settings.
- I've even changed the cable between tablet and Controller, but this made no change either.
Hope you can understand I'm a bit puzzled with the beheauvior of the drone.
Thanks,
Carl
2018-1-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Carl B Posted at 2018-1-4 03:02
Dear,
- There were no error messages and I was in the P-Mode (only for DroneDeploy I used the F-Mode).

Carl, did you use the RC to go into record or activate the shutter or the app?
2018-1-4
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Did you make sure the DJI go was not running in the background? Make sure to force stop DJI Go before running DD.
The inability to access camera settings and not being able to swap between still/video would suggest an SD issue. Check the contacts are clean and reinsert it.
Is this actually beginner mode or is it a warning to get you to sign in to the app to prevent 50m/30m distance/height restrictions?

Mark G.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Carl B Posted at 2018-1-4 03:02
Dear,

Thanks for your update. Please tell me the version of your app. BTW, what is your model of mobile device? Is you drone the latest firmware?
2018-1-5
Use props
Carl B
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-5 01:04
Thanks for your update. Please tell me the version of your app. BTW, what is your model of mobile device? Is you drone the latest firmware?

All,
Thanks for your feedback, will try to answer your questions.

The setup I’m using is:
- Inspire 1 PRO with latest firmware
- Tablet: iPAD Pro (1,5 year old)
- DJI Go APP version 3.1.23

The flight contained out of 3 parts (as described in the initial part)

Part A:
- Logged into the DJI Go app before take off
- The RC buttons to make movies and take pictures worked. Taking pictures with the DJO Go App was not possible.

Part B:
- Placed the controller switch from P to F mode
- I closed and stopped the DJI Go app before starting the DD app.

Part C:
- At the end of the DD session the drone comes back to his home point.
- Before the automated landing was finished (+/-2m above the ground) I switched the controller from F to P mode
- While the drone was hovering, I activated the DJI Go App and all worked normal (as before)

Hope these answers will help.

Thanks,

Carl
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Carl B Posted at 2018-1-5 07:07
All,
Thanks for your feedback, will try to answer your questions.

Thanks for your update. I would help you forward this situation. Please wait patiently.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules