English Lakes Winter 2017
820 8 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Billing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
Germany

Filming lakes from above always allows me to produce fantastic footage for you guys, and today is no exception! The weather was just right, a little wind and no rain, that's good for the United Kingdom!

This has been filmed over lakes in Northamptonshire, England at a place named Stanwick Lakes. This is a country park which up until recently was used a quarry. It's now a nature reserve and has a visitor centre and kids play area, not to mention the interconnecting rabbit warren trails to keep people occupied. I've used a couple of different
settings to produce such fantastic footage today, one being the vivid colour setting in the DJI GO App, and the other camera exposure.

I filmed along the River Nene this afternoon and saw many birds on the water and out of it! At one point a goose chased me
up to the next lock, and as you can imagine it was quite hilarious!

Thank you for taking the time to watch this video.

2018-1-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job!  Lots of water and wildlife.
2018-1-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Lots to see and a nice area but once again and it's a personal comment the artificiality that is induced by in this case the DJI vivid colouring app detracts enormously from the natural beauty of the place. By all means tweak the saturation to add some emphasis or recover some of the detail in the shadows but some of the shots were positively alien.
2018-1-4
Use props
Jake Billing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
Germany

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-4 08:17
Lots to see and a nice area but once again and it's a personal comment the artificiality that is induced by in this case the DJI vivid colouring app detracts enormously from the natural beauty of the place. By all means tweak the saturation to add some emphasis or recover some of the detail in the shadows but some of the shots were positively alien.

Hey Pete, how would you film day to day with your phantom 4? I'll give your tips a go, thanks!
2018-1-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I just would not use any artificial gimmicks like vivid colour, use an appropriate white balance if necessary a ND filter to lower the exposure then if necessary any changes can be done in post production. The only thing I ever use to change the colour rendition is if I choose to shoot in B&W if the colour or contrast isn't there I prefer not to make it even if that means I don't shoot. As of yet I haven't taken the P4 out as the weather has been crap.
I have to say these are personal opinions and not meant to rubbish your work it is just how I see things.
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lakes really compliment footage - good work!
2018-1-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Amazing area!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

love the lake filmed by you!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It' really a great weather, the landscape is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules