iPhone 8 + osmo mobile: phone detection problem
1550 9 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fabouu
lvl.1
France

Hi,

After receiving my DJI osmo mobile from Amazon, I fully charged the battery of my osmo mobile in order to comply with the start guide.
I then put my phone into the osmo mobile but nothing happened when I switched it on
The motor is not activated. Consequently, the auto-stabilization doesn't work

I looked up on youtube and I found that the texture of the back of some smartphones such as the iPhone 8 can cause this problem.
However, I tried with 2 other smartphones (caseless iPhone and a Huawei with its case)... but same result

Could you tell me what's going on?
I should maybe use my warranty and get another one.

Thanks for your help.

Fabian

2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fabian, may I know if you have activated the Osmo Mobile?
Please refer to the tutorial video below to to activate ans set up Osmo Mobile properly.

Hope it helps, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There is a sensors to see if a phone is placed in the holder. Do not know how this sensor works, but someone else suggested to put a little piece of tape over it to see if it works then. Has to do with reflections of the back of your phone...
2018-1-5
Use props
Fabouu
lvl.1
France

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for  your concern but I've already looked it up prior to set up my osmo mobile.
When it comes to electronic devices, I always  follow the instructions/videos on youtube in order to set it right.

But leaving aside the sensor problem, the app freezes on my iPhone 8 on the splashscreen (french app store)

However, in the tutorial it says that for a new osmo mobile, I have to connect it on wifi. But how do you proceed?

On a side note, these are the steps I followed:
- I activated my bluetooth and wifi on my mobile
- I turned on my osmo mobile. It powered on successfully.
- I launched the app (but as you know, it freezes on the splashscreen)

2018-1-5
Use props
Fabouu
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 02:57
Hi Fabian, may I know if you have activated the Osmo Mobile?
Please refer to the tutorial video below to to activate ans set up Osmo Mobile properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7V7Nsh-zo

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for  your concern but I've already looked it up prior to set up my osmo mobile.
When it comes to electronic devices, I always  follow the instructions/videos on youtube in order to set it right.

But leaving aside the sensor problem, the app freezes on my iPhone 8 on the splashscreen (french app store)

However, in the tutorial it says that for a new osmo mobile, I have to connect it on wifi. But how do you proceed?

On a side note, these are the steps I followed:
- I activated my bluetooth and wifi on my mobile
- I turned on my osmo mobile. It powered on successfully.
- I launched the app (but as you know, it freezes on the splashscreen)
2018-1-5
Use props
Fabouu
lvl.1
France

Mari Posted at 2018-1-5 07:18
There is a sensors to see if a phone is placed in the holder. Do not know how this sensor works, but someone else suggested to put a little piece of tape over it to see if it works then. Has to do with reflections of the back of your phone...

Hi Mari,

I tried with my friend's iPhone 7 but it remains still

I might do something wrong though..

Thanks for your help
2018-1-5
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

Are all iOS devices on latest iOS-version 11.1.2? If not, upgrade them because more people complaint about crashing of app with iOS version prior to 11.1.2 (there are many threads on this forum about that!).

In both cases Wi-Fi & Bluetooth you have to tell your phone to connect to the Osmo, else nothing will happen...
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fabouu Posted at 2018-1-5 08:51
Hi Mindy,

Since during the activation, you will need to input your DJI account, thus we need Osmo Mobile to connect to network, you just make sure your iPhone connects to WIFI or the cellular has been enabled.

When you launch DJI Go APP, please slide the icon to the left and find Osmo Mobile, then press ''Connect Your Device'', then APP will request to connect to Osmo Mobile Bluetooth.
Could you please try again? APP.png
2018-1-6
Use props
Fabouu
lvl.1
France

Mari Posted at 2018-1-5 11:38
Are all iOS devices on latest iOS-version 11.1.2? If not, upgrade them because more people complaint about crashing of app with iOS version prior to 11.1.2 (there are many threads on this forum about that!).

In both cases Wi-Fi & Bluetooth you have to tell your phone to connect to the Osmo, else nothing will happen...

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, my iOS version was the key point!
It worked now

Have a great weekend

Fab
2018-1-6
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

... Good to hear that everything is working now! You also have a great weekend, enjoy your Osmo Mobile...
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules