I do not claim OTG ... but I want a functional wifi! SPARK
1952 23 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Simply FPV with 2 or 4 seconds of delay and cuts is unusable.
I forgot to read thread asking OTG ... ok when this ready will be and if they do not support I have no problem with it .... but I need a decent FPV! with wifi !!!

2018-1-4
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

Yes! I agree
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you fly in a recommened environment. You can enter wifi setting and choose the channel with the best signal. Also, Argentina follow CE mode and 5.8 G will have a larger range. You can try to change a channel for further check.
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-4
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 19:06
Hi, there. I would recommend you fly in a recommened environment. You can enter wifi setting and choose the channel with the best signal. Also, Argentina follow CE mode and 5.8 G will have a larger range. You can try to change a channel for further check.

Sir thank you for your time, before opening this post and read everything that I could, not only the documentation and official forum, but also possible solutions such as OTG that is officially not supported by DJI.
I have tested in various scenarios and tested many configurations and recommendations. BUT the reality is that the STREMING video has a delay of 2-4 seconds and suffers from cuts.
Not only happens to me, but also an endless number of complaints in official and unofficial forums about it.
I think that DJI should give us a solution to the terrible WIFI connection, simply the product does not comply with what it announces.
I do not claim OTG connection but I need the Wi-Fi connection to be efficient - useful - really an FPV ... with less than 2 seconds of delay and no breaks.
At this time with the latest updates, it is a shame that DJI of this product, I really feel cheated.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-5 06:20
Sir thank you for your time, before opening this post and read everything that I could, not only the documentation and official forum, but also possible solutions such as OTG that is officially not supported by DJI.
I have tested in various scenarios and tested many configurations and recommendations. BUT the reality is that the STREMING video has a delay of 2-4 seconds and suffers from cuts.
Not only happens to me, but also an endless number of complaints in official and unofficial forums about it.

Sorry that you feel disappointed about our products. Our engineers are working on OTG cable. Please wait patiently. BTW, what is your model of device? Please try to use the recommened device.
2018-1-8
Use props
Conrod
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you Elektra for your clear confirmation that DJI is actively developing formal OTG cable support for the Spark, and requesting our patience for its delivery.

Might I suggest that if your statement were made a sticky at the top of the thread list, it might prevent yet more new threads about the issue being started!

I'm patiently looking forward to this very welcome feature for EU customers!

Alan
2018-1-8
Use props
Epyonz
lvl.1
Canada

I'm having the same issue. It wasn't like this before.
2018-1-8
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-8 03:28
Sorry that you feel disappointed about our products. Our engineers are working on OTG cable. Please wait patiently. BTW, what is your model of device? Please try to use the recommened device.

My smartphone is a Samsung S8 plus, device recommended by DJI according to official documentation posted on the web.

I will continue waiting for the OTG, but it was not my intention to generate another post about OTG that are already many, I just want to provide it, which is a Wi-Fi function correctly and we can use it without fear of losing our drones. With delays no greater than 300 ms and without cuts as announced and promises DJI.

Thanks for your time
2018-1-8
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-8 13:47
My smartphone is a Samsung S8 plus, device recommended by DJI according to official documentation posted on the web.

I will continue waiting for the OTG, but it was not my intention to generate another post about OTG that are already many, I just want to provide it, which is a Wi-Fi function correctly and we can use it without fear of losing our drones. With delays no greater than 300 ms and without cuts as announced and promises DJI.

In regards to the video delay, there have been a lot of cases where formatting the SD card through the DJI Go 4 application, have fixed the lag.
There were a couple cases of up to 6 sec delay, too.
2018-1-8
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Lyons90 Posted at 2018-1-8 14:23
In regards to the video delay, there have been a lot of cases where formatting the SD card through the DJI Go 4 application, have fixed the lag.

Thanks for the information.
2018-1-8
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Lyons90 Posted at 2018-1-8 14:23

In my case, I had 4 seconds ... maybe one more ... only with the drone 1 meter away
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

My smartphone is a Samsung S8 plus, device recommended by DJI according to official documentation posted on the web.

Thanks for your patience. I think our engineers will try their best to meet the requirement of customers.
2018-1-12
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-12 02:32
Thanks for your patience. I think our engineers will try their best to meet the requirement of customers.

Glad to know
2018-1-12
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

We want otg support and the option from app if you are connected with otg the Wi-Fi to phone network must be turned off
2018-1-12
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

I knew it would be.
I have had since day one the same problems. It seems the Galaxy S8, still pretty much best and most popular phone worldwide is very problematic with DJI products. A 3 year old iphone performs better which is ridiculous!
2018-1-12
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

I knew i wasn't going crazy.  I personally own 2 Samsung Galaxy S8 +'s and was going crazy with the crappy connection between them and the Spark.
2018-1-12
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

TundraLu Posted at 2018-1-12 22:41
I knew i wasn't going crazy.  I personally own 2 Samsung Galaxy S8 +'s and was going crazy with the crappy connection between them and the Spark.

My cellular model in particular is also S8 + ... and the truth is that flying in these conditions discourages and frustrates the fear of losing our spark. But as announced OTG is already on the way ...
2018-1-13
Use props
fans89986d3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18255 ft
United Kingdom

I am very close to buying a Spark, but the issues surrounding the Android app are a real concern. I also own a Samsung S8+ and the thought of losing the Spark due to the app problems is worrying.
Can DJI give any timeframe for when OTG will be available to make this drone a viable purchase for Android users?
2018-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans89986d3d Posted at 2018-1-13 06:45
I am very close to buying a Spark, but the issues surrounding the Android app are a real concern. I also own a Samsung S8+ and the thought of losing the Spark due to the app problems is worrying.
Can DJI give any timeframe for when OTG will be available to make this drone a viable purchase for Android users?

Not everything is as it seems, take a look at this post.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-1-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans89986d3d Posted at 2018-1-13 06:45

Or maybe hold out until 1/23 when DJI is supposedly making an announcement about a new release
2018-1-13
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

If you base your purchase on a post forum, probably never buy it ... here is a compilation of claims and defects ... but the reality is also that there are thousands of units in flight without problems apparently. It is a good product, some functions have to be developed and polished.
2018-1-13
Use props
AdeP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

True, but I prefer DJI to polish the wifi functionality. Seems more convenient than having to connect an otg cable every time.
2018-1-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

AdeP Posted at 2018-1-13 07:42
True, but I prefer DJI to polish the wifi functionality. Seems more convenient than having to connect an otg cable every time.

Especially since they're advertising/selling the product based on the wifi premise
2018-1-13
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-13 07:46
Especially since they're advertising/selling the product based on the wifi premise

Of course .... I am one of the users who suffers from the bad performance of the wifi connection
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules