Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
batteries
880 9 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa22720d0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi everyone i have a problem i need 2 new batteries for my phantom 2,but i cant seem to get them anymore i bought 2 from ebay and they dont work anymore as they came from china,i didnt know they were coming from china but i know now,so if anyone can help please let me know.thanks oddy
2018-1-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ummm is there a problem with batteries from china?
Your drone also comes from china.
I suggest you Google new batteries but like anything do some research prior to purchase
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to tell you that the P2 batteries have been discontinued. Please check whether the local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-1-4
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

I have just had another of my P2V batteries go down - I guess the quad will end up in the bin when the last one does the same!

One of the issues with Lithium batteries is that they need to be 'topped up' every few months if not being used. They also don't like being completely flat - a situation that they cannot be recovered from.

A concern with old stock of P2 batteries (if available) is that they may have been self discharged to the point of no return while sitting on the shelf.
2018-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-4 22:57
Hi there, I'm sorry to tell you that the P2 batteries have been discontinued. Please check whether the local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

This is part of the logic, for my buying a couple or three more Phantom 3 flight packs.

This gives us some idea of a time frame to complete that task.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-28
Use props
fansa22720d0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Solitaire Posted at 2018-1-28 22:19
I have just had another of my P2V batteries go down - I guess the quad will end up in the bin when the last one does the same!

One of the issues with Lithium batteries is that they need to be 'topped up' every few months if not being used. They also don't like being completely flat - a situation that they cannot be recovered from.

Thanks everyone for all the feed back i can get the batteries but they come from abroad ☹
2018-1-29
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

Considering the Phantom 2 was released in 2014 and we are 2018 now, I find curious its patented batteries are not manufactured anymore already. So if Phantom 2 owners need more batteries, we just have one option: give up and throw away the aircraft.

That means a lot.
2018-2-21
Use props
fansa22720d0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's a big shame really as my phantom 2 is like brand new and in all its cost me over a grand,gutted to just bin it ☹
2018-2-22
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

fansa22720d0 Posted at 2018-2-22 04:29
It's a big shame really as my phantom 2 is like brand new and in all its cost me over a grand,gutted to just bin it ☹

I think that sums up a lot of people's feelings. Spending huge amounts of money on aircraft that are destined to last a couple of years or so. If they were cars, washing machines or indeed anything else there would be a huge outcry. It does highlight an important question for all of us with money invested in whatever type of drone, are they limited time use or should they be supported over a number of years, say ten, like many other types of equipment. Like you I look after my drones and they are like new. I would hope that last at least five years, and possibly more. With many independent repairers beginning to start up then this may well be possible, but we would need to be assured about availability of batteries. If DJI will not supply them then we must turn towards independent suppliers, and we all have seen that discussion before.
2018-2-22
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

Are non-DJI manufactured P2 batteries reliable?

Or better yet...

Is it possible to change the plug to just use regular lipos, as it should've been since the beginning (DJI batteries cost like double...)?

I guess we'll have to find anyway if we're going to keep using our Phantom 2's...
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules