OSMO Mobile, solid red light
21311 19 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7dcc7cc
lvl.1
Canada

[size=12.800000190734863px]I picked up a DJI Osmo Mobile today, and it worked initially in store. I tried a firmware update via my phone, but that failed (uploaded the log). When I brought it home, I upgraded the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2. Next time I started to use it, I found the camera Bluetooth connection kept disconnecting after about 30 seconds, but the Gimbal worked fine. After reading some of the forums, I tried holding down power/trigger/shutter for 30 seconds, but that didn't do anything. Next, I removed the battery out of curiosity, and when I put it back in, when I power it up or plug it in to my computer the power LED is solid red and DJI Assistant 2 no longer recognizes the device.[size=12.800000190734863px]

[size=12.800000190734863px]I'm at a loss of what to try next.
2018-1-4
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Seems FW update has failed...
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on this, it seems that the communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal,  please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
Please let me know if it works, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
MakiAttacki
lvl.1
Canada

After posting in this forum, I also emailed support@dji.com and the recommended the above as well. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the battery connection as everything was new. The person who responded to my email also suggested I press and hold the trigger and then click the shutter three times. Once I did this, the power LED started to flash between red and pink (purple). I then powered it off, and powered it back on, I ignored (Cancel on iPhone) the first bluetooth connection attempt and everything worked fine. Here's the out put of that person's email just in case it helps others:

• Please press and hold "Trigger" + press tree times "Shutter Button".
  • Regarding the issue about your Bluetooth, please operate unbinding the device, that is to say, when connect the Bluetooth, and then click it to ignore the device. Later please re-bind the Bluetooth.

Anyway, I hope this helps others out there, I'm quite pleased with the support I've received and am glad my new OSMO Mobile is working as expected.
2018-1-5
Use props
MakiAttacki
lvl.1
Canada

Mari Posted at 2018-1-4 22:20
[view_image]

Seems FW update has failed...

Thanks, but I had read the manual as well. The device had worked briefly between the successful update and the solid red incident. Seems like removing the battery triggered some sort of failure condition that was resolved following the instructions I posted in my other reply.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MakiAttacki Posted at 2018-1-5 08:26
After posting in this forum, I also emailed support@dji.com and the recommended the above as well. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the battery connection as everything was new. The person who responded to my email also suggested I press and hold the trigger and then click the shutter three times. Once I did this, the power LED started to flash between red and pink (purple). I then powered it off, and powered it back on, I ignored (Cancel on iPhone) the first bluetooth connection attempt and everything worked fine. Here's the out put of that person's email just in case it helps others:

Maki, thanks for your sharing and we are glad to know the issue got sorted out and you are pleased with our support.
Hope the issue will not happen again and you have a great time with it.
Thanks for choosing DJI.
2018-1-5
Use props
leehillis
lvl.1
United States

I am experiencing the same "red light" issues with my new osmo+. After having upgraded the firmware I put a freshly charged DJI battery in the unit and it failed to power up. Clearly the unit is getting power because the red light is on (after rapid blinking). What is the fix for this?
2018-12-14
Use props
leehillis
lvl.1
United States

leehillis Posted at 12-14 20:36
I am experiencing the same "red light" issues with my new osmo+. After having upgraded the firmware I put a freshly charged DJI battery in the unit and it failed to power up. Clearly the unit is getting power because the red light is on (after rapid blinking). What is the fix for this?

I tried the: press and hold "Trigger" + press tree times "Shutter Button" - to no avail....
2018-12-14
Use props
leehillis
lvl.1
United States

tried the alchohol fix on battery connections - problem solved!
2018-12-14
Use props
dumbo
lvl.1
India

Unfortunately, I tried all the suggested option but RED led light remains constant and upgrade is always failing via DJI assistance 2 after 76% showing device disconnected. I have two original battery and same behaviour is being displaying.

When can I see a fix or new firmware for OSMO mobile please?
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_n94idlaMR7Ig
New

Cameroon

Je rencontre le même problème avec mon osmo+ après avoir nettoyer avec de l'alcool  du côté osmo et du côté batterie c'est toujours le même résultat
Y aurait pas t-il une autre solution s'il vous plaît
2019-7-25
Use props
fansdb77b303
lvl.1

Canada

MakiAttacki Posted at 2018-1-5 08:26
After posting in this forum, I also emailed support@dji.com and the recommended the above as well. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the battery connection as everything was new. The person who responded to my email also suggested I press and hold the trigger and then click the shutter three times. Once I did this, the power LED started to flash between red and pink (purple). I then powered it off, and powered it back on, I ignored (Cancel on iPhone) the first bluetooth connection attempt and everything worked fine. Here's the out put of that person's email just in case it helps others:

I tried this and I got a flashing blue light. does anyone know what that  means?
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_C3ZrMsUykpJF
New

Poland

I also have this same problem - solid red led. I tried cleaning up battery connectors, tried different bateries that works with other devives just fine, than i tried triger and 3 times shutter button methot but it only gives me blinking red/blue led and nothing more, did anyone find solution ?
2020-4-18
Use props
Pavel_Poland
New

Poland

So i did find solution and fixed my osmo mobile. I found out that solid red led also means  conection with zenmuse M1 error . I dismantled it and discovered that one of the cable connector is disconected, after puting it back to place gimball works just fine. If you need more info just feel free to pm me.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_0nMBw4sX5fYy
New

United Kingdom

Hello I wonder if anyone could help me. I have a DJI osmo 3 and I have put it on charge, it has been on charge for a couple of hours and is flashing white lights as normal. The white lights are not turning solid and just keep continuing flashing. I took it off charge and tried to turn it on and nothing happened. Could someone help me please
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_PVEB6pQPc8tC
New

Lebanon

I have dji osmo mobile 2 and it doesnt work beacuse of stable red light what i should do resolve my problem
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_iYIVLxUQqYsh
New

Canada

Pavel_Poland Posted at 2020-4-21 10:44
So i did find solution and fixed my osmo mobile. I found out that solid red led also means  conection with zenmuse M1 error . I dismantled it and discovered that one of the cable connector is disconected, after puting it back to place gimball works just fine. If you need more info just feel free to pm me.

Hello DJI user, can you please explain me how did you fix your issue with gimbal?
The issue I'm facing is, I put it in charging, during that time red light blinks red slowly. I had it on charge for 2-3 hours and same time red right is blinking slowly. I unplugged the charger but didn't work and not getting ON. If you can help me to fix this please. Thanks
2-19 19:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_iYIVLxUQqYsh Posted at 2-19 19:58
Hello DJI user, can you please explain me how did you fix your issue with gimbal?
The issue I'm facing is, I put it in charging, during that time red light blinks red slowly. I had it on charge for 2-3 hours and same time red right is blinking slowly. I unplugged the charger but didn't work and not getting ON. If you can help me to fix this please. Thanks

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We recommend wiping the battery and battery compartment contact with a swab covered in 95% isopropyl alcohol, while the Osmo Mobile is powered off. Wait until the isopropyl alcohol has dried before powering on the device again. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2-19 23:53
Use props
djiuser_WoGfwA79n7tE
New

India

Sir I'm facing solid red light
Try all the ways but didn't solved my problem
Also gimbal is connecting fine with phone
And buttons work properly
3-30 10:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WoGfwA79n7tE Posted at 3-30 10:40
Sir I'm facing solid red light
Try all the ways but didn't solved my problem
Also gimbal is connecting fine with phone

Hello there. I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. Please try the suggestion above in reply 18#. Ensure that you are using the DJI standard provided battery. After following the procedure, please press down the M button, and press the shutter button three times. Have a nice day.
3-30 22:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules