Mavic Pro & DJI Care Refresh not worth it.
4407 37 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9200efa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2828 ft
Australia

I am absolutely disgusted with the quality of service from DJI, I bought a MAVIC Pro in August 2017 after doing research on Drones I decided to go the Mavic Pro but I wanted a 2017 model as I saw a quite a few reviews of the 2016 series 1 models had a few issues but they had been sorted in the 2017 model. At the same time i purchased the DJI Care Refresh for peace of mind. Unfortunately had an issue with the Mavic Pro so I had to send it to DJI for repair 18th December 2017 , so I sent it off to DJI repair centre in Melbourne and got the quote back for repair or I could opt to use the DJI care refresh. So I called the 1300 support line and ask to confirm if the quote for the replacement was a new or refurbished drone and was advised for that quote it would be a new one so opted for DJI Care Refresh and paid the extra $139 AUD. Yes I did expected some delays with shipping being Christmas and New Year but when I got notified on Thursday 28th December that the Package had been sent and delivered to my address I got concerned as I hadn't recieved any tracking information from Aus Post and the most obvious I hadn't recieved any package. So I contacted DJI and after numerous calls and emails and every excuse under the sun I finally get notified on Friday afternoon that DJI have only raised the shipping information with Aus POst and this is after they said firtsly Aus Post was closed Thursday & Friday (wrong) and then they changed that to the Melbourne DJI office was closed Thursday & Friday, if it was closed then why did they only raise the shipping information on Friday ?
I finally got confirmation & delivery From Aus post it was getting delivered Wednesday 3rd January, but to my surprise I recieve back the Box I sent my old Mavic Pro. I got concerned about this so got the iPhone out and started taking pics as I opened the box and was greeted with the following:
1. The Mavic Pro that was in the box didn't look new and had no protective covering over it.
2. I then noticed down the right hand side of the box was the Gimbal cover poking out from underneath the Mavic Pro.
3. I lifted the Mavic Pro out and then was greeted with the Gimbal Lock was wedged underneath the Mavic Pro towards the middle of the box leaving an indent in the foam.
4. I then had a closer look at the Mavic Pro and noticed it is an 2016 model (12 to 24 months old) not a new replacement.

So I immediately contacted DJI and raised the issues that I have and requested to lodge a complaint, I was emailed by Jenny from the Customer Care Team who advised me that she was provided with all the information and will respond shortly. While awaiting her response I conducted a couple of systems test to see if the 2nd hand Mavic Pro was function correctly after the pityful handling of the repair team, no surprise here as you can see both the Vision System Calibration & the Gimbal Calibration failed (see pics below).

So I am still waiting and still have defective Mavic Pro that was supposed to be a replacement.

Opened box

Opened box

Gimbal Cover & Lock

Gimbal Cover & Lock

Gimbal Cover

Gimbal Cover

Gimbal Lock

Gimbal Lock

Gimbal Failure

Gimbal Failure
2018-01-05 09.23.39.jpg

2018-1-4
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

Sorry to hear about it. But, you were smart to create ample photo documentation!
2018-1-4
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

bobjonesx Posted at 2018-1-4 18:34
Sorry to hear about it. But, you were smart to create ample photo documentation!

Thanks Bob, yeah got bit suspicious when I received the old box back.
2018-1-4
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

The below is from DJI Support which would mean that DJI are then falsely advertising the DJI Care Refresh Program.
Untitled 2.jpeg
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jase, that must have been frustrating for you, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer service.
We have made it clear in the DJI Care Refresh purchasing page, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Thank you for the kind understanding. dji care.png
For the repair quality, Jenny from the Customer Care Team keeps follwoing up your issue, we care much about our valued customers and I believe she will help to figure it out, please reply her email with the details and hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-4
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-4 21:40
Jase, that must have been frustrating for you, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer service.
We have made it clear in the DJI Care Refresh purchasing page, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Thank you for the kind understanding.[view_image]
For the repair quality, Jenny from the Customer Care Team keeps follwoing up your issue, we care much about our valued customers and I believe she will help to figure it out, please reply her email with the details and hope the issue will get sorted out soon.

Thank you Mindy for your response but as I pointed out Jenny clearly stated that no New packages are available for the DJI care Refresh Combo which if this is the standard practice then you don't offer New replacements at all which means the statement on the website is fraud. Plus a 2016 model to replace a 2017 model isn't classified as equivalent to new under the Australian consumer laws i.e a product bought 6 months ago replaced with a model that is between 12 to 24 months old and has clear signs that it isn't new out of the box.
2018-1-4
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-4 21:40
We have made it clear in the DJI Care Refresh purchasing page, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Thank you for the kind understanding.[view_image]

Hi Mindy unfortunately I'm getting the same lack of service from the Customer Care Team, a single paragraph email with one question in it every 24 hrs around 9pm Sydney Time and when I respond I don't get a response back until the following 24 hrs. To add to it the questions that have been asked have all been answered in the the prior emails.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-5 14:12
Hi Mindy unfortunately I'm getting the same lack of service from the Customer Care Team, a single paragraph email with one question in it every 24 hrs around 9pm Sydney Time and when I respond I don't get a response back until the following 24 hrs. To add to it the questions that have been asked have all been answered in the the prior emails.

Hi Jase, thank you for the explanation about the Australia law, I will transfer it to Customer Care Team to look into.
Email is not like online chat, the reply may get delayed, we apologize for this, hope your kind understanding. Unfortunately, it is weekend now, I'm afraid the response may get delayed again, but I have informed the team to reply and get it addressed to you as soon as possible. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Jase, you said in the previous post that our support adviced the replacement of DJI Care Refresh will be new, may I have the contact number you used to contact our support? We care much about this and we will make an investigation, thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 19:21
Hi Jase, thank you for the explanation about the Australia law, I will transfer it to Customer Care Team to look into.
Email is not like online chat, the reply may get delayed, we apologize for this, hope your kind understanding. Unfortunately, it is weekend now, I'm afraid the response may get delayed again, but I have informed the team to reply and get it addressed to you as soon as possible. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
Hope you have a nice weekend.

Hi Mindy, already dealing with Jenny from the Customer Care Team who isn't sorting my issue out as explained prior posts.
2018-1-6
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 02:55
Hi Jase, you said in the previous post that our support adviced the replacement of DJI Care Refresh will be new, may I have the contact number you used to contact our support? We care much about this and we will make an investigation, thank you.

Hi Mindy (see I can get your name correct), I called the 1300 number for the Australian support.

Question why are you investigating who advised me that I was to be getting a new replacement when firstly you have all the information that DJI has generated and secondly
the DJI Care Refresh program as you pointed out is a NEW or as NEW replacement not a second hand model that is 12 to 24 months old. Whay are you not investigating the incompentance of the repair centre who packaged the replacement and secondly why a second hand old model was used instead of a NEW or as NEW replacement as per the DJI Care Refresh contract.
Below is the Invoice that I recieved for the replacement and at $1200 as per the advice from your support team member this was for a NEW Replacement and given that a Brand new Mavic Pro with everything Remote, Battery etc is $1599 to buy. SO I would expect that my 2017 model Mavic Pro is replaced with a 2017 model not a model that is 12 to 24 months old and besides this the replacement drone is damaged.

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/8750ff96-cb8f-486a-92bb-0f2887dcc18b[/img]
2018-1-6
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-6 14:26
Hi Mindy (see I can get your name correct), I called the 1300 number for the Australian support.

Question why are you investigating who advised me that I was to be getting a new replacement when firstly you have all the information that DJI has generated and secondly

We are so sorry for the confusion and inconvenience we caused. There might be some delay due to the weekend. If there is still no luck in gimbal calibration, please kindly send it in for further review, thanks! We will keep follow up this case and hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2018-1-6
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-6 21:26
We are so sorry for the confusion and inconvenience we caused. There might be some delay due to the weekend. If there is still no luck in gimbal calibration, please kindly send it in for further review, thanks! We will keep follow up this case and hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Hi Susan
Please note there is no confusion, the replacement drone wasn't New or is as New condition when I received it so it has been sent back and I am requesting a replacement as per the original DJI Care Refresh contract a NEW 2017 model Mavic Pro given the stuffing around I have to deal with nothing other than this will be accepted.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-6 22:53
Hi Susan
Please note there is no confusion, the replacement drone wasn't New or is as New condition when I received it so it has been sent back and I am requesting a replacement as per the original DJI Care Refresh contract a NEW 2017 model Mavic Pro given the stuffing around I have to deal with nothing other than this will be accepted.

Jenny will keep follow up your case, thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-8
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-8 18:50
Jenny will keep follow up your case, thanks for your understanding.

Hi Susan
Well this is ridiculous no response from anyone and 2 of your DJI staff advised that they would call me - yep as per DJI service standards no call.

So I get messages yesterday and today that the damaged 2016 model Mavic Pro that was sent to replace my 2017 model under the DJI Care Refresh was g.etting repaired and sent back to me.

I won’t be accepting this and I will be returning it as requested I won’t be accepting anything other than a 2017 model replacement given the stuffing astound I have received.

Regards Jason
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-15 23:47
Hi Susan
Well this is ridiculous no response from anyone and 2 of your DJI staff advised that they would call me - yep as per DJI service standards no call.

Hi Jason, sorry that your case was followed up by the DJI Customer Care Team which locates in China and they are unable to call you back, appreciate your understanding.
We have replaced a brand-new aircraft to you this time, it's on the way, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-1-16
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 20:11
Hi Jason, sorry that your case was followed up by the DJI Customer Care Team which locates in China and they are unable to call you back, appreciate your understanding.
We have replaced a brand-new aircraft to you this time, it's on the way, hope you will receive it soon.

Hi Mindy
I finally got the delivery of the replacement Mavic Pro on Friday 19th January, firstly they sent it back in my packaging not in a new box so I have no idea whether this is new or not. Secondly the serial number (serial number 08QCE5T#####QR) indicates that it is older that the damaged 2nd hand one that I was sent originally which was a 2016 model which they had several issues. I am sending this back and as requested this needs to be a New replacement for my 2017 Mavic Pro as per the DJI Care Refresh program and as also advised by you and the Customer Support Team last week (that I was being sent a NEW replacement).

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/e7faf442-def3-4ba7-91ad-d6c364d04cae[/img]

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/0dcd31f9-d02d-4965-9b12-b0e608fa96ff[/img]

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/bc3c1477-cdd8-48e5-8097-3c4205fe1897[/img]
Mavic Pro replacement V2.1.jpeg
Mavic Pro replacement V2.2.jpeg
Mavic Pro replacement V2.3.jpeg
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-20 19:14
Hi Mindy
I finally got the delivery of the replacement Mavic Pro on Friday 19th January, firstly they sent it back in my packaging not in a new box so I have no idea whether this is new or not. Secondly the serial number (serial number 08QCE5T#####QR) indicates that it is older that the damaged 2nd hand one that I was sent originally which was a 2016 model which they had several issues. I am sending this back and as requested this needs to be a New replacement for my 2017 Mavic Pro as per the DJI Care Refresh program and as also advised by you and the Customer Support Team last week (that I was being sent a NEW replacement).

Hi Jase, Jenny has got your email and will explain to you the situation, please note the email later, thanks.
2018-1-21
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-21 19:15
Hi Jase, Jenny has got your email and will explain to you the situation, please note the email later, thanks.

Hi Mindy
Unfortunately Jenny didn't explain the situation, all that she communicated was "Please kindly note that we arranged the brand new aircraft and gimbal for you this time. As I explained before, sorry there isn't new packaging in this case, but your drone is brand new for sure. Per checking the new SN, the drone was actually activated on 21st Jan. 2018, and I’m not sure how you decided this is a 2016 model." She has no idea.

So as per the DJI Care Refresh Program you DJI has failed to meet it's obligations under the NSW consumer laws please see extract from NSW Department of Fair Trading.

DJI Care Refrsh
Please Note:
For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units within one year. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

From the NSW Department of Fair TradingReplacements and refunds  
[size=0.9em]When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a refund.
[size=0.9em]Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.

Regards Jason

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-22 00:37
Hi Mindy
Unfortunately Jenny didn't explain the situation, all that she communicated was "Please kindly note that we arranged the brand new aircraft and gimbal for you this time. As I explained before, sorry there isn't new packaging in this case, but your drone is brand new for sure. Per checking the new SN, the drone was actually activated on 21st Jan. 2018, and I’m not sure how you decided this is a 2016 model." She has no idea.

Hi Jason, except the package, we do apologize for that, the aircraft is brand new and it is not the 2016 model, where did you find out it is not the 2017 model? We understand your law and we have provided the best we can do. Please let me know your further concern, thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

the more I see these problems, the more sure I am to fly secretly. They are a lie!
2018-1-22
Use props
fanse96f6316
New
Flight distance : 321762 ft

Australia

OMBUDSMEN BRO!!! It's so painful reading your correspondence with nothing but bs apologises...... i am seriously gonna start boycotting DJI and make sure my company and friends do the same as they are not happy with their unfortunate dealings with DJI
2018-1-23
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 07:46
Hi Jason, except the package, we do apologize for that, the aircraft is brand new and it is not the 2016 model, where did you find out it is not the 2017 model? We understand your law and we have provided the best we can do. Please let me know your further concern, thank you.

Hi Mindy, not acceptable and if you understood the Australian consumer laws then you would know that I don't have to accept it and that you haven't provided me with what I purchased which was a 2017 model Mavic Pro and as per the DJI Care Refresh program a New Replacement or like new which means a 2017 model. So I will be lodging claim thru the NSW department of Fair Trading and will be seeking a refund for the Drone but also all expenses incurred with this purchase. I will also be providing feedback thru social media and Product review websites.

Both you and Jenny questioned how I knew that the replacement Mavic Pro was a 2016 model, this information is easily accessible even for you guys, The original Mavic Pro I purchased had a serial number 08QUE3Q00100U2, the first replacement Mavic Pro I was sent which was a refurbished Mavic Pro and damaged had a serial number 08QDEBF00R5946 which the DJI support staff also confirmed as being a 2016 model. The second replacement Mavic Pro that I received you and Jenny have advised me that it is a new Mavic Pro with a serial number 08QCE5T01201QR which I have confirmed with a DJI support staff member over the phone that it is in fact a 2016 manufactured drone.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-26 17:26
Hi Mindy, not acceptable and if you understood the Australian consumer laws then you would know that I don't have to accept it and that you haven't provided me with what I purchased which was a 2017 model Mavic Pro and as per the DJI Care Refresh program a New Replacement or like new which means a 2017 model. So I will be lodging claim thru the NSW department of Fair Trading and will be seeking a refund for the Drone but also all expenses incurred with this purchase. I will also be providing feedback thru social media and Product review websites.

Both you and Jenny questioned how I knew that the replacement Mavic Pro was a 2016 model, this information is easily accessible even for you guys, The original Mavic Pro I purchased had a serial number 08QUE3Q00100U2, the first replacement Mavic Pro I was sent which was a refurbished Mavic Pro and damaged had a serial number 08QDEBF00R5946 which the DJI support staff also confirmed as being a 2016 model. The second replacement Mavic Pro that I received you and Jenny have advised me that it is a new Mavic Pro with a serial number 08QCE5T01201QR which I have confirmed with a DJI support staff member over the phone that it is in fact a 2016 manufactured drone.

Jase, thanks for coming back to us, as for how our support checked the drone was manufactured in 2016, I have escalated the case to support team to double check and make it clear for you.We will have someone to contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-1-27
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

Jase, thanks for coming back to us, as for how our support checked the drone was manufactured in 2016, I have escalated the case to support team to double check and make it clear for you.We will have someone to contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience very much.

Hi Mindy
Well I took the replacement Mavic Pro for test flight today and it didn't go well at all, first flight which was only 3.26 mins long started ok but as I flew around it didn't seem as stable as my original Mavic Pro & got more unstable so  I hit the RTH and switched it off then switched it back on, checked out the Aircraft status and all seemed ok so took it up again flew it around about 2 mins and same thing wasn't stable at all and then when it RTH it got extremely unstable as it was coming down to land that it nearly crashed.

I have the onborad footage at the following link.Test Flight.mov

Regards Jason

2018-1-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-27 01:30
Hi Mindy
Well I took the replacement Mavic Pro for test flight today and it didn't go well at all, first flight which was only 3.26 mins long started ok but as I flew around it didn't seem as stable as my original Mavic Pro & got more unstable so  I hit the RTH and switched it off then switched it back on, checked out the Aircraft status and all seemed ok so took it up again flew it around about 2 mins and same thing wasn't stable at all and then when it RTH it got extremely unstable as it was coming down to land that it nearly crashed.

Hi Jasgb
Did you ever get a satisfactory resolution?
2018-2-24
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

JaseGB Posted at 2018-1-27 01:30
Hi Mindy
Well I took the replacement Mavic Pro for test flight today and it didn't go well at all, first flight which was only 3.26 mins long started ok but as I flew around it didn't seem as stable as my original Mavic Pro & got more unstable so  I hit the RTH and switched it off then switched it back on, checked out the Aircraft status and all seemed ok so took it up again flew it around about 2 mins and same thing wasn't stable at all and then when it RTH it got extremely unstable as it was coming down to land that it nearly crashed.
Hi Jason GB
Did you ever resolve this?
2018-2-24
Use props
JaseGB
lvl.2
Australia

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-2-24 15:34
Hi Jason GB
Did you ever resolve this?

Hi Aussieflyer
nope still not resolved, the replacement I got sent has an even older serial number than the refurbished one I was sent yet they insist it is new Mavic Pro, so I took it for 2 test flights on the 27th January on both tests it nearly crashed due to erratic behaviour i.e it couldn't hover it was like the motors were fighting against each other to hold it stable. So DJI Support have asked me for the flight data so I tried to access & download it thru the DJI Assistant but it doesn't recognise the Mavic Pro I have, so one of the DJI support staff advises me to download the shared file on my iPhone and send it to them so I have done this twice now and I have the other DJI support staff saying they can't access it and it isn't the files they need and keeps insisting I use the DJI assistant program to download the data even after I have advised her that it doesn't work.
2018-2-27
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

JaseGB Posted at 2018-2-27 16:13
Hi Aussieflyer
nope still not resolved, the replacement I got sent has an even older serial number than the refurbished one I was sent yet they insist it is new Mavic Pro, so I took it for 2 test flights on the 27th January on both tests it nearly crashed due to erratic behaviour i.e it couldn't hover it was like the motors were fighting against each other to hold it stable. So DJI Support have asked me for the flight data so I tried to access & download it thru the DJI Assistant but it doesn't recognise the Mavic Pro I have, so one of the DJI support staff advises me to download the shared file on my iPhone and send it to them so I have done this twice now and I have the other DJI support staff saying they can't access it and it isn't the files they need and keeps insisting I use the DJI assistant program to download the data even after I have advised her that it doesn't work.

JaseGB

Did you purchase the Mavic direct from DJI or from a re-seller?
You may get better help via the re-seller. I bought mine from a company in Sydney (i'm in Melbourne) and so far they have acted on my behalf to DJI. The main purpose for buying from an Agent was to avoid having to deal direct with DJI who don't appear (from Forums I have read) to have a great customer focus.
Sadly though, DJI repair centre in Melbourne don't exactly react with any great speed.

2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaseGB Posted at 2018-2-27 16:13
Hi Aussieflyer
nope still not resolved, the replacement I got sent has an even older serial number than the refurbished one I was sent yet they insist it is new Mavic Pro, so I took it for 2 test flights on the 27th January on both tests it nearly crashed due to erratic behaviour i.e it couldn't hover it was like the motors were fighting against each other to hold it stable. So DJI Support have asked me for the flight data so I tried to access & download it thru the DJI Assistant but it doesn't recognise the Mavic Pro I have, so one of the DJI support staff advises me to download the shared file on my iPhone and send it to them so I have done this twice now and I have the other DJI support staff saying they can't access it and it isn't the files they need and keeps insisting I use the DJI assistant program to download the data even after I have advised her that it doesn't work.

Hi Jase, sorry for the late response because of the long holiday, may I know if you are running the latest DJI Assistant 2? Flight logs contain more info, we would appreciate if you could provide us the log, if your computer still cannot recognize the drone, please try another computer if possible, thank you.
2018-2-28
Use props
fans8b3beb07
New
United States

It's painful reading this thread. This is the reason why I don't want to buy anymore DJI products. There are so many thing that can go wrong and it seems like a part time job just trying to get the company to do what they're supposed to do. I hope you get things worked out sometime in the next year at least.
2018-3-1
Use props
Chris-NZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787228 ft
Australia

In my experience the DJI Care Refresh Plan has been a complete scam!

I purchased a DJI Mavic device approx Feb 2017 from the DJI.com website and subsequently purchased the DJI Care package in May 2018. The gimbal now stopped working on the device (gimbal motor load too large) so I lodged a DJI Care Refresh case to get the drone replaced.

I am told from the DJI distributor that the drone did not originate from Australia and therefore is not covered under the DJI Care Refresh plan. I have used the “Way Back Machine” to check the terms of service on the 10th of April 2017 and found there is nothing stipulating anything about the device purchase location.

It is now with the DJI legal team to resolve.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chris-NZ Posted at 2018-10-2 18:31

I purchased a DJI Mavic device approx Feb 2017 from the DJI.com website and subsequently purchased the DJI Care package in May 2018. The gimbal now stopped working on the device (gimbal motor load too large) so I lodged a DJI Care Refresh case to get the drone replaced.

Chris, we are deeply sorry for this situation. Could you please provide us with your serial number for the double check first? Look forward to your reply.
2018-10-2
Use props
Hexploit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5138 ft
Poland

Chris-NZ Posted at 10-2 18:31

I purchased a DJI Mavic device approx Feb 2017 from the DJI.com website and subsequently purchased the DJI Care package in May 2018. The gimbal now stopped working on the device (gimbal motor load too large) so I lodged a DJI Care Refresh case to get the drone replaced.

Hey Chris

So you telling me that even if i buy refresh plan and activate it with DJI it still dosn't guarantee you are actually on the plan? What kind of scam is this?
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hexploit Posted at 12-11 13:59
Hey Chris

So you telling me that even if i buy refresh plan and activate it with DJI it still dosn't guarantee you are actually on the plan? What kind of scam is this?

Hi Hexploit, at the moment, we do not provide the global warranty, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. May I verify if you have any concern of your DJI Care? Is there anything we can help you?
2018-12-12
Use props
Hexploit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5138 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 00:27
Hi Hexploit, at the moment, we do not provide the global warranty, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. May I verify if you have any concern of your DJI Care? Is there anything we can help you?

Hi Mindy

Maybe than you can tell me if im gonna buy drone and warranty from this retailed  
faxtel.com.pl  will i be able to get refresh warranty without issues?
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hexploit Posted at 12-13 13:21
Hi Mindy

Maybe than you can tell me if im gonna buy drone and warranty from this retailed  

No matter where you purchase the drone, DJI Care Refresh can be purchased as long as it is never bound to the DJI Care Refresh before.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules