Tell me what you think
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

A couple of pictures.   Please tell me what you think.   Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn57b3l5lop4j90/File%20Jan%2004%2C%2010%2054%2010%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvavfj2so71l3ge/File%20Jan%2004%2C%2010%2053%2030%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

2018-1-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Well I think you have done rather well considering the light you had available.
2018-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, they look nice, if a bit dark. Keep practicing...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-4
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

Thanks.   First ‘dark’ shots.   Flight was from a remote area with limited light source.  These are untouched images.  Shot at ISO 200; f2.8; 1/2” - 1”.
2018-1-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nice job, the only suggestion I have is crop them.
2018-1-5
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Both pictures depict what was seen in the available light now you could have processed them to bring out more detail of the dark areas and if that was the purpose of taking the pictures OK on the other hand if it was to show the areas as you and the drone saw them that is OK to. It is a particular hobby horse of mine when people over process landscapes for effect and not to show the landscape as it was. In the case of the two photographs I have no issue it is just a question of what you wanted to achieve.
2018-1-5
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-5 06:00
Both pictures depict what was seen in the available light now you could have processed them to bring out more detail of the dark areas and if that was the purpose of taking the pictures OK on the other hand if it was to show the areas as you and the drone saw them that is OK to. It is a particular hobby horse of mine when people over process landscapes for effect and not to show the landscape as it was. In the case of the two photographs I have no issue it is just a question of what you wanted to achieve.

My intent was to capture the scene with just the light that was available.   I ‘tweeked’ on them a bit and settled at the original image.   Thanks.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The pictures are pretty nice. I like the warm light the best. Enjoy it!
2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

The first, nice but I see no photographic value in it, except maybe to you.  I can't tell what it really is (looks like a small town) and there is no detail that shows you anything, save for the lighting effect that is it.  
The second, if you were going for an eerie kind of look then good job, otherwise the lighting is off and everything seems washed out.  For example they look like school buses, which are typically yellow, but in the photo they appear as if they are white.  If they are white then never mind, but if not then this is what I was referring too.
2018-1-7
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 18:56
The pictures are pretty nice. I like the warm light the best. Enjoy it!

Thank you Susan.
2018-1-8
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-7 19:38
The first, nice but I see no photographic value in it, except maybe to you.  I can't tell what it really is (looks like a small town) and there is no detail that shows you anything, save for the lighting effect that is it.  
The second, if you were going for an eerie kind of look then good job, otherwise the lighting is off and everything seems washed out.  For example they look like school buses, which are typically yellow, but in the photo they appear as if they are white.  If they are white then never mind, but if not then this is what I was referring too.

First one was part of a town.   Knowing the town I can see some detail and known buildings.  But I see your point.
The second was the original picture, no tweaking.   I believe the color of the buses (really yellow) were due to the lighting of the yard.   You can tell there is two different types of lights being used.

Thanks for your words.   First time and I’ll try harder.
2018-1-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2018-1-8 19:40
First one was part of a town.   Knowing the town I can see some detail and known buildings.  But I see your point.
The second was the original picture, no tweaking.   I believe the color of the buses (really yellow) were due to the lighting of the yard.   You can tell there is two different types of lights being used.

Very good
I don't know if you should try harder, you asked for what folks thought mine was just one of many.  Sometimes it is what effect you are going for or what you were trying to frame, and I'm no expert.
Wish you the best with your future efforts
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules