Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I try not to spam the forum with my videos too often, but I humbly think some of the ideas in this video have the potential to help prevent some lost drones.   

Thanks in advance for watching if you choose to do so.  Have a great day!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

it is soooo helpful!!!
Thank you for your tips here!!!
an excellent tuto!!!
2018-1-4
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

Unusual presentation but good advice. I have one tip to add at the end and the clue is in your original shots. Think outside the box. If you DO lose your drone and despite checking flight logs and Google Earth etc you still can't find it, make sure you have trained your dog to hunt it out. I have a Border Collie and he can already pick out Spark from his other named toys. He has not quite got the hang of looking for it in a field but we are enrolled for dog training next month!
2018-1-5
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Extremely useful. Thank You
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very good summary and in particular that you have emphasized the pilot's responsibility at all times. Thank you!
2018-1-5
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MikB Posted at 2018-1-5 00:58
Unusual presentation but good advice. I have one tip to add at the end and the clue is in your original shots. Think outside the box. If you DO lose your drone and despite checking flight logs and Google Earth etc you still can't find it, make sure you have trained your dog to hunt it out. I have a Border Collie and he can already pick out Spark from his other named toys. He has not quite got the hang of looking for it in a field but we are enrolled for dog training next month!

Haha, that is awesome!  I need to get Turbo trained up ASAP!
2018-1-5
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good video ...well explained and also do not attached unnecessary accessories on your Spark.
2018-1-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

euh what about to avoid yaw errors, compas faillures???
2018-1-5
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Great video, thank you for sharing.

I mentioned on another thread the possibility of DJI incorporating an alarm into the Spark.  My thinking is that if the Spark drops down in a hedgerow, or gets tangled in the undergrowth etc, you could activate the alarm via the remote/phone/tablet.  You can take a photo if the drone is grounded, so why not an audible alert?

Obviously there are circumstances which wouldn't benefit from an alarm,  however by adding this function, it may help recover drones which would otherwise have be lost forever.

The Spark already has a speaker, so there's no extra weight involved.  It shouldn't take more than a few lines of code for DJI to do this

2018-1-5
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-1-5 09:08

I mentioned on another thread the possibility of DJI incorporating an alarm into the Spark.  My thinking is that if the Spark drops down in a hedgerow, or gets tangled in the undergrowth etc, you could activate the alarm via the remote/phone/tablet.  You can take a photo if the drone is grounded, so why not an audible alert?

I agree!  I like it.  If you are in range of it and have a connection to it, that would certainly make it much easier to locate.  It is so small, you can easily walk right past it without seeing it in some weeks or brushes.
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video, especially liked the dog playing in the snow scenes, then again, I'm a dog person so anything with a dog in it is awesome.
2018-1-5
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-5 09:22
Great video, especially liked the dog playing in the snow scenes, then again, I'm a dog person so anything with a dog in it is awesome.

Turbo is my buddy!  He loves playing in the snow!  Glad you enjoyed!  He's made several impromptu appearances on the channel over time.
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

Unusual presentation but good advice. I have one tip to add at the end and the clue is in your original shots. Think outside the box. If you DO lose your drone and despite checking flight logs and Google Earth etc you still can't find it, make sure you have trained your dog to hunt it out. I have a Border Collie and he can already pick out Spark from his other named toys. He has not quite got the hang of looking for it in a field but we are enrolled for dog training next month!

I love this idea
2018-1-5
Use props
Dipsy46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46263 ft
United States

Excellent video, Kloo Gee. I've been subscribed for a couple of months now, and have learned a lot from you. One thing this video did for me, it cured me from watching you in Full Screen!
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No such thing as spam when the videos are good! Thanks for sharing.
2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38563 ft
Slovakia

thanks for sharing
2018-1-7
Use props
web_parrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-1-5 09:08

I mentioned on another thread the possibility of DJI incorporating an alarm into the Spark.  My thinking is that if the Spark drops down in a hedgerow, or gets tangled in the undergrowth etc, you could activate the alarm via the remote/phone/tablet.  You can take a photo if the drone is grounded, so why not an audible alert?

FWIW, Parrot just released an update to their FreeFlight Pro App for it's BeBop2 and similar drones.  It's "Find MyDrone" now has the option of turning on an "audible alarm."  It's too cold and windy today to check it out, but will try it out when I get a chance.  The BB2 doesn't have a speaker so it'll be interesting to hear what is meant by "alarm."
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pretty nice tips! Thanks for posting! Keep learning and sharing!
2018-1-7
Use props
Lstumpf3
lvl.2

Canada

Thank you for the tips. I've learned from this, A flyaway drone is what I think usually happens that lead to losing it.
2018-1-7
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Nice vid Kloo Gee!

Keep up the great work.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-7
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

Unusual presentation but good advice. I have one tip to add at the end and the clue is in your original shots. Think outside the box. If you DO lose your drone and despite checking flight logs and Google Earth etc you still can't find it, make sure you have trained your dog to hunt it out. I have a Border Collie and he can already pick out Spark from his other named toys. He has not quite got the hang of looking for it in a field but we are enrolled for dog training next month!

Just an update on training dog to find lost drone. My dog now waits for drone to land and stands beside it and barking at it . The problem is, every time I play a YouTube video with a drone landing, he barks furiously at the computer

BTW Kloo Gee, I think your video on RTH is one of the most useful and clear presentations on Spark I have seen
2018-1-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which DJI drone do you favor most?
2018-2-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-1-7 22:33
Nice vid Kloo Gee!

Keep up the great work.

Kloo Gee makes videos like how a DJI school teacher would make videos :-)
2018-2-25
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

Great video. Watching videos like this should be a prerequisite before the first flight.
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_byP15HYVLQSn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23163 ft
United States

I watched it and appreciate what your video. How about a video of how to handle fly aways, loss of control and other emergency situations.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_byP15HYVLQSn Posted at 2018-2-26 09:31
I watched it and appreciate what your video. How about a video of how to handle fly aways, loss of control and other emergency situations.

I have something a bit more like you are asking for on my list to cover at some point.  Hopefully I'll get to it soon.  Thanks for passing along your thoughts!

2018-2-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-25 08:39
Which DJI drone do you favor most?

I have the Spark and the Mavic Air.  I really love my Spark and will keep flying it, but quite honestly, the Mavic Air is better in pretty much all aspects from the small amount that I've got to play with it so far.  

The Spark is a fantastic device (especially for the price point), but the hardware in the Mavic Air is of course newer and a higher level (of course at a higher price).  I also like that with the Mavic Air, DJI has given the pilot more control over the settings.  I think with the Spark they have purposely kept the options lower for ease of use rather than ultimate control.

I have never flown a Mavic Pro or any of the Phantoms, so I can't compare with them.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SkyBug Posted at 2018-2-25 08:50
Great video. Watching videos like this should be a prerequisite before the first flight.

I've seen way too many people in this forum who have had crashes or lost their aircraft due to putting the aircraft into a very difficult situation.  Hopefully this helps someone to slow down and think about what they are doing a little bit.

Thanks to everybody for watching and the kind comments!
2018-2-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-26 10:31
I have the Spark and the Mavic Air.  I really love my Spark and will keep flying it, but quite honestly, the Mavic Air is better in pretty much all aspects from the small amount that I've got to play with it so far.  

The Spark is a fantastic device (especially for the price point), but the hardware in the Mavic Air is of course newer and a higher level (of course at a higher price).  I also like that with the Mavic Air, DJI has given the pilot more control over the settings.  I think with the Spark they have purposely kept the options lower for ease of use rather than ultimate control.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Mavic Air and Spark. I have the Mavic Pro and Spark and the Spark is fast becoming my favourite drone to fly.

The Mavic Pro I find has more features than the Mavic Air, especially Ocusync because remember Ocusync allows you to stream back 1080p to your phone and the clarity is truly much better than enhanced WiFi. The Mavic Pro flies superbly well and it can hover in position exactly where you leave it, once you fly the Mavic Pro you realize how DJI intended their drones to fly.

Just my two cents...
2018-2-26
Use props
Smark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Thank you, sir!
2018-2-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-26 11:15
I appreciate your feedback regarding the Mavic Air and Spark. I have the Mavic Pro and Spark and the Spark is fast becoming my favourite drone to fly.

The Mavic Pro I find has more features than the Mavic Air, especially Ocusync because remember Ocusync allows you to stream back 1080p to your phone and the clarity is truly much better than enhanced WiFi. The Mavic Pro flies superbly well and it can hover in position exactly where you leave it, once you fly the Mavic Pro you realize how DJI intended their drones to fly.

Yeah, I think Ocusync is the one tickbox that Mavic Air is missing.  With all the Pro 2 rumors swirling, can't wait to see what it can do!!!
2018-2-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-26 19:42
Yeah, I think Ocusync is the one tickbox that Mavic Air is missing.  With all the Pro 2 rumors swirling, can't wait to see what it can do!!!

The initial bar for the Mavic Pro original were set really high, so everyone agrees that if the rumors come close to the actual, then we could have something really special coming soon with the Mavic Pro 2.
2018-2-26
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft