2277 10 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ah3HxAM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318970 ft
Czechia

Hello,
i usually land by flying with spark to me, then catch it to hand and tilt drone to side. When tilt is more than aroun 90 degree to side, motors turn off. I found this the fastest way to land when you dont have good place to land.
Do you do this too? Do you think it can somehow damage the drone?
2018-1-5
Use props
chareon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11850 ft
Philippines

doing the same thing. following this thread
2018-1-5
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Hold down stick, it lands and turns off properly.
2018-1-5
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

I, when not wanting to land on the ground, switch to Hand Gestures mode and perform a proper automatic (vision assisted) Palm Landing (watch your fingers!).
2018-1-5
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5443 ft
Germany

i do it only, when the ground is not "clean" ...
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t think it’s any harm , I just find it easier to just switch to gesture and land on my hand. But whatever floats your boat.
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t think it’s any harm , I just find it easier to just switch to gesture and land on my hand. But whatever floats your boat.
2018-1-5
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Sometimes even when my Spark is in Gesture mode it still won't land on my hand and when i lift my hand up it moves away/up.

I normally use a proper landing pad now though so its not much of an issue.
2018-1-5
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally think by grabbing and rotating you are risking getting your fingers caught up in the props when you try to grab it.  I think you also are adding unneeded stress to your aircraft.  As soon as you start to tilt it, it powers up the motors momentarily which adds stress to the motors and rotors (i.e. props).

When I land in my hand, which is almost every single flight, I just keep the left stick pinned back and the motors will shut off momentarily.  I already have the left stick back to lower the aircraft down onto my outstretched and flat right hand anyways.  I just keep it pinned back for an extra second or so and it shuts down.  That way you don't have to worry about getting your fingers caught up too high into the propellers and you don't put extra stress on your aircraft.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it's ok to catch the Spark by hand, but I'll suggest to mount the propeller guard to ensure the safety. Also, gesture mode will be better in this kind of situation.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_ctHsTw8yhSm6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any more thoughts on this?  I've owned my spark for a few weeks now and when i use "return to home" on a grassy area it usually hovers over what I thought was the home spot-- so I grab it in the air and tilt it carefully, which is really fun and I have no problem with! But I am concerned about putting too much stress on the motors.  Should I a) have a big flat thing like a tray along with me to land it on (it's usually taking off from the upturned case lying on grass) or b) get brave and learn how to palm land it? Or, should return to home mean that it should come all the way down to the upturned camera case-- it has done this when I've taken off from a large, flat paved area so I though it was the rough terrain that might be the problem?
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules