Intelligent Flight Mode Icon Missing DJI Go 4 App
14439 11 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cjustice42
lvl.1
United States

I am using the DJI GO 4 App and for the life of me cannot figure out how/where to activate intelligent flight modes?  The icon is missing for me.  I am somewhat new to DJI and the Spark, so I am sure it is some setting I am missing.  Does anyone know what I can do to get the intelligent flight icon to appear for me?  And no, I am not in Sport Mode.  Thank you for any help/advice.

2018-1-5
Use props
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Hi, maybe within the Go App the “Beginner mode” is still activated? This prevents any more complex settings.
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

For Spark this icon is not available in DJI GO 4 and you don't need it.
2018-1-5
Use props
Cjustice42
lvl.1
United States

Bluedot Posted at 2018-1-5 15:10
Hi, maybe within the Go App the “Beginner mode” is still activated? This prevents any more complex settings.

Thank you for the response.  So that is weird.  I took your advice and checked that setting.  Beginner mode is off.  I went in and turned it on and the intelligent flight mode icon showed up.  So I then turned it back off and the icon goes away again?  I don’t want to fly in beginner mode so any other advice?
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Cjustice42 Posted at 2018-1-5 15:38
Thank you for the response.  So that is weird.  I took your advice and checked that setting.  Beginner mode is off.  I went in and turned it on and the intelligent flight mode icon showed up.  So I then turned it back off and the icon goes away again?  I don’t want to fly in beginner mode so any other advice?

You are using an OTG cable, right? In that case you can see the icon but this is a Mavic function that you cannot use on Spark. Just leave it switched on because otherwise your Sport mode will not work. But it will have no other effect on the Spark.
2018-1-5
Use props
Cjustice42
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-5 15:42
You are using an OTG cable, right? In that case you can see the icon but this is a Mavic function that you cannot use on Spark. Just leave it switched on because otherwise your Sport mode will not work. But it will have no other effect on the Spark.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying.  Yes, I am using an OTG cable.   So you are saying. I need to leave beginner mode enabled  in order to utilize the IFM functions?
2018-1-5
Use props
Cjustice42
lvl.1
United States

Cjustice42 Posted at 2018-1-5 17:29
I want to make sure I understand what you are saying.  Yes, I am using an OTG cable.   So you are saying. I need to leave beginner mode enabled  in order to utilize the IFM functions?

If I leave beginner mode on and try to utilize one of the IFM features the app tells me that IFM is disabled in beginner mode when trying to activate one.
2018-1-5
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Cjustice42 Posted at 2018-1-5 17:35
If I leave beginner mode on and try to utilize one of the IFM features the app tells me that IFM is disabled in beginner mode when trying to activate one.

I bet you have the slider switch on the remote set to Sport.  Intelligent modes are hidden when in sport mode.  At least I think that is the way it is.

Setting beginner mode to on is negating your slider switch position
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Cjustice42 Posted at 2018-1-5 17:29

I am talking about the switch below. This is a Mavic function that does not work for Spark but it becomes nevertheless visible in in GO 4 when you use OTG. With WiFi connection you wouldn't see it. The slider on the right has to be set to green however, if it is not, sport mode will not work for you. Also check what Gunship has explained above.

2017_11_01_10_43_07.jpg
2018-1-6
Use props
Cjustice42
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all for the response and help. Deleting the app and reinstalling it was the fix that ultimately worked this time. Go figure.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated and nice to know the issue has been figured out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2018-1-7
Use props
fansc73e495b
New
Canada

Cjustice42 Posted at 2018-1-5 17:35
If I leave beginner mode on and try to utilize one of the IFM features the app tells me that IFM is disabled in beginner mode when trying to activate one.

Same thing happened to me.  I had my controller in S mode!   I'll never make that error again.  
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules