Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beta 6 seems pretty solid
944 5 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

First real flight with beta 6 version on Phantom 4 and had very positive experience. I did follow recommendations of starting the controller and Go first, then the aircraft. Very nice stability and control responsiveness, no signal loss but did not leave my 5 acre property. Sport and atti seemed fine, sport was a bit aggressive but always seemed that way to me and I don’t fly in that mode anyway. Did not use any intelligent flight modes or do more than take some simple video and some stills, gimble worked smoothly all seemed good. I am still new at learning the camera system to begin with so take that in to consideration. Some more thorough testing tomorrow and I’ll report back. Have a great flight!
2018-1-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Glad everything is working out for you
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi mate, thank you so much for your report, and please note that the drone's performance in Sport mode is a little bit "aggressive", OA system will also be disabled in this mode, if you are flying in Sport mode, please be careful. And please feel free to let us know if there is any further feedback. We will like to know and do the best to help if there is an issue. S mode.png
2018-1-5
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Appreciate your input. Sport mode didn’t seem out of control, just faster as always. Cadillac to Dragster. Maybe a bit quicker than it was. Looked at some video and it looked real nice. Colors are great and gimble smooth. I know some of you guys are real critical on your video so I believe one of you might be a better judge. Maybe you could help with a question I haved, bought a new battery tonight and after charging installed in aircraft to update firmware for battery. Didn’t ask for any upgrade and the aircraft fired right up. Is that okay or,should their always be a firmware update for a new battery?  Thanks all !
2018-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-1-5 23:10
Appreciate your input. Sport mode didn’t seem out of control, just faster as always. Cadillac to Dragster. Maybe a bit quicker than it was. Looked at some video and it looked real nice. Colors are great and gimble smooth. I know some of you guys are real critical on your video so I believe one of you might be a better judge. Maybe you could help with a question I haved, bought a new battery tonight and after charging installed in aircraft to update firmware for battery. Didn’t ask for any upgrade and the aircraft fired right up. Is that okay or,should their always be a firmware update for a new battery?  Thanks all !

If an update had been required it would have prompted you.

The aircraft 'upgrade' consists of a number of files, each for a different hardware module. It might well be that 02.00.0600 update to your existing build did not require the battery to be done (it was already at the latest battery firmware).
2018-1-6
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Aardvark, always appreciate your time. Update on Beta 6  if it’s still relevant, (I’m not sure DJI is still interested in feedback on this version anymore since starting beta 7) Flew out two battery packs and aircraft flew extremely well. No issue in either of the three modes. All functioned as they should. Always had good radio control of the aircraft with 16 satellites locked in but I did have some glitches in the video feedback. Nothing that lasted more than a second or two but it was noticeable. Gimble functioned smoothly with no issues or doing something it shouldn’t have. When going from video mode to camera mode the first picture you take doesn’t make a shutter sound and the video always glitched when I did take that first shot. No problems after that one, no glitch and shutter audio was back. The actual first shot photos on the SD were fine. Recorded video was fine, no issues. Tested the track me flight mode and that also worked fine. Test some more tomorrow but please let me know if this info is no longer needed on Beta 6. Thanks.

Superstition

Superstition
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules