CF Folding Props Worth It?
1933 15 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Is it worth the upgrade? I have the latest DJI prop mounts and DJI original props. Just not sure if I should upgrade to carbon fibre. These are the props I want: https://www.heliengadin.com/products/inspire-1-carbon-fiber-folding-propellers
2018-1-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Bear in mind, it is not DJI approved. You may have a problem if you happen to have a claim with DJI.
2018-1-5
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DTK Posted at 2018-1-5 20:31
Bear in mind, it is not DJI approved. You may have a problem if you happen to have a claim with DJI.

At this point, doesn't really matter My I1 is 2 years old. No more warranty . So I'd have to pay regardless whatever happens. I've seen a lot of people using these props with success, just not sure if it's worth it.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that we cannot give you any suggestion for the third party product, hope other users will give you some advice.
2018-1-6
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Here is the same props, but a few bucks cheaper. My guess it's because the logo isn't printed on the props: https://www.floridadronesupply.c ... rops-by-heliengadin
2018-1-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would NOY use them , if you happen to have a Prop stick with the plastic ones chances are good it may just chip it  and you can land safely , with carbon fibre they have a tendency to shatter on slight impact and down goes  your bird .

I feel there is no increase  in flight performance what so ever and I have tried Carbon fiber in the past .

donnie
2018-1-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

there cool and all, and would help on setup time for sure. but look at the neg side.

cost $200ish a set
doesnt fit cases without cutting the foams (not big deal i know)
you dent/crack/break one.... gotta buy full new set

me i would just get the 1345T setup and be happy
2018-1-6
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

So pretty much the carbon props isn't' worth the $$$ and I should stay with the stock props?
2018-1-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stock props are cheaper to replace and like Donnie* said there is no increase in flight performance and TruGreen has a point about breaking one and you have to replace the full set and that could get expensive.
2018-1-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2018-1-5 22:01
At this point, doesn't really matter  My I1 is 2 years old. No more warranty . So I'd have to pay regardless whatever happens. I've seen a lot of people using these props with success, just not sure if it's worth it.

This is an interesting subject and you will get many opinions.  DJI doesn't support these third party parts, but I believe that many pilots have reported great results with the Swiss made folding props.  They are very high quality based on the information I have read on the internet. The cost of ownership is high and you can get replacement pairs if you need them.  Still they would be expensive to replace.  The DJI props work fine and are very cheap to replace when needed.

I think DJI is missing the boat and should offer us some folding prop solutions for the Inspire series of drones.   Or maybe some winglet style props that would be quieter like the new Mavic Pro props.  
winglet style
Rich
2018-1-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-6 21:05
This is an interesting subject and you will get many opinions.  DJI doesn't support these third party parts, but I believe that many pilots have reported great results with the Swiss made folding props.  They are very high quality based on the information I have read on the internet. The cost of ownership is high and you can get replacement pairs if you need them.  Still they would be expensive to replace.  The DJI props work fine and are very cheap to replace when needed.

I think DJI is missing the boat and should offer us some folding prop solutions for the Inspire series of drones.   Or maybe some winglet style props that would be quitter like the new Mavic Pro props.  

I agree they should make some for use I1 and I2 people
2018-1-6
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I guess no carbon fibre props for me lol
2018-1-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'd like to know how to balance the folding props.  My OEM ones were out of balance new.  A DuBro prop balancer and the EHJ eBay balancer rod for the I2 props took care of that matter.
2018-1-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-7 09:57
I'd like to know how to balance the folding props.  My OEM ones were out of balance new.  A DuBro prop balancer and the EHJ eBay balancer rod for the I2 props took care of that matter.

I would assume that the folding props would balance similarly to helicopter blades. The trick is lead or lagging blades will change the balance everytime you check them.  Tighten the screw force holding the prop before starting, giving it maximum friction. Use a string to line up the props from end to end on the centerline.   Then balance them using the center hub.
Here are some examples in the videos. I guess the English guy (Peter Homer) has not heard of using string to line up the blades on the centerline of the blade cord....
Rich

2018-1-7
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazingtech quick release Dji propadapters Are awesome and  allow the use of any appropriately sized aftermarket props on i1 and 2.   Zeal Blades makes some nice folding 1550s perfect for i2...
2018-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zane Isaac Posted at 2018-1-9 11:17
Amazingtech quick release Dji propadapters Are awesome and  allow the use of any appropriately sized aftermarket props on i1 and 2.   Zeal Blades makes some nice folding 1550s perfect for i2...

any links and pics??
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules