738 2 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark Kam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

Hello everyone,
I'm a new Spark user since the 28th of December. I have only had a handful of flights and the Spark flys pretty good with the exception of the DJI app crashing repeatedly while using my Android phone. Switch to an Ipad and have not had connectivity issues so far.
I'm concerned about the number of "Fly Away's" being reported when pilot error is clearly not the cause. Are these fly aways"mostly Firmware or hardware related issues? Would it be wise to revert back to a .0701 firmware? Are the older versions more stable?
Just trying to decide whether or not to keep the Spark, get a Mavic (seems less issues are reported), or back off DJI alltogether.
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

From all what I have seen so far there is no indication that the so called "fly aways" are firmware related. I would recommend to always install the latest firmware for safety and warranty reasons.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Kam, I understand your concern. If you encounter any issue with the latest firmware, feel free to contact us, we'd like to help. In case that the flyaway happens, we will conduct data analysis to find out the reason and offer you proper solutions. Also, I'd suggest to do a fully pre-flight checklist to reduce the troubles.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules