Controller says conected, and ready to go but proppellers won't spin
1313 10 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G. Reed
lvl.1
United States

I am at my whit's end, and have read just about every Q&A, watched every YouTube video, gone to one web site after another after another after another, and I can't seem to find an answer to my specific problem, but I did find pretty much every stupid question in the book that are absolutely unnecessary, that makes ya wanna scream who **** cares (lol).

I bought my drone, activated it, flew it in the beginner mode, graduated to the next level and had worry free fun UNTIL, one day I took my drone out fired it up, and the controller said I needed to do a firmware update, so I did, and when it was done I put it away, not thinking twice about it. The next time I took it out, and booted it up, the controller told me the update failed, and nothing was working right, but eventually I was able to reinstall the firmware, but when I restarted everything the controller would not connect to the drone. So I went looking for a cure, and found a video that told me I needed to rebind the controller to the drone. I fallowed the instructions, and everything was fine (keep in mind, when I was done flying the drone, everything was fine when I put it away).

Ok, now I take my drone out after I hadn't flown it in a couple of months and charged everything up. Afterword's I connected my phone, powered up the controller and drone, everything booted up normally like it had every other time I've flown it. The controller and drone connected and says ready to go, the drone is flashing green, the controller is in GPS mode etc. etc. but when I pushed the throttle there was nothing (propellers won't spin). The last time I experienced this problem the controller and drone did not connect, so I'm thinking this is a different problem, but first, since everything looked like it booted up normal this time, I thought I'd try the rebinding procedure anyway, and it didn't work, so needless to say I went searching for another solution.

Now here's the kicker, and what has made me so mad. After spending more than 3-4-5 hours or more to no avail, I finally decide to try another firmware reinstall via the "DJI Assistant 2" app hoping it will cure this problem again. SO I open the app like 4 or 5 times, with no problem, and it shows I'm signed in, but apparently I didn't have things set up properly, because it staled every time. Anyway I finally get everything connected to my computer right, and boot everything up, than I open the DJI Assistant app again, but this time the app says I have to sign in, and if that isn't enough insult to injury, it want's me to put in a verification code. I don't have a verification code, and don't have a clue as to where to get one. Well, here I go again for another hour to search for an answer to solve this issue, and yep, you guessed it, I found nothing. Oh yeah, I tried clicking the "forgot password" button, hoping I might be able to get around that verification thing, but all I got was a blank page (go figure).

If I haven't bored y'all by now, I suppose I atta get to the point, but if y'all would indulge me one more time I'd like to say one more thing. I'm sorry for making this so long and drawn out, but I read dozens of the questions on here thinking I'm going to get an answer, only to find myself reading incomplete questions, questions that don't make any sense, not to mention the questions are repeated over and over again, just getting to the point of nothing but utter confusion, and after 15 minutes and 9/10ths of the way down the page, I finally get to what I think is the answer, it turns out to be nowhere close to what I'm looking for. So I thought I would try to be as specific as I can, so there would be less chance of any confusion as to what I'm searching for.

Alright this could be my last hope, and the bottom line is, I need to know if anybody could please tell me where I get a verification code to get into my DJI app, to see if doing a firmware reinstall might work, or If anybody can please tell me if they have a fix for my drone and controller issue?

P.S. I tried to provide as much information as I can hoping anybody else having this problem finds this post first, and saving y'all a lot of heartache, a whole lot of time, and a massive amount of trouble.
2018-1-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I believe the verification code is like captcha , but you just can't see it on the right of your screen next to the entry rectangle for some reason.

try these possible solutions

1) try clicking  (both right and left mouse buttons) on the space to the right of the entry box to see if it comes up
2) try entering any code into the entry box, so that it triggers an error and displays a new code
3) it might be the firewall or anti virus blocking the app. so turn them off temprorarily
4) on this screen hit the support icons in the bottom left, might reset it
5) run the program as an administrator  in the flie explorer, left click on the DJI Assistant.exe file

2018-1-6
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Try a different browser
2018-1-6
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

OK I know its a "have you switched the power on?" question, but you say:  "after I hadn't flown it in a couple of months" and "I pushed the throttle there was nothing (propellers won't spin)."  But you are remembering to do the startup stick sequence? The propellers should be spinning before you push the throttle.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Reed, do you start the motors by CSC(both sticks are pushed inner and downside), or the icon of Take-off in APP? Is there any luck by changing to the other way? Please help us confirm, thanks! Regarding the verification code of DJI Assistant 2, it will be displayed automatically if there is solid internet. You can try to restart the DJI Assistant 2 or PC to see whether it helps.
2018-1-6
Use props
G. Reed
lvl.1
United States

(FYI: I had already started, and restarted DJI Ass 2 over, and over again with no luck on the verification code) But I did cure the verification code problem, by installing the latest version of DJI Assistant 2. As far as the problem is concerned I will try that and get back to you.
2018-1-9
Use props
G. Reed
lvl.1
United States

Well, don't I feel stupid!!! I guess this shows how much of a rookie I am!!!

It turns out pushing the sticks inward and down worked. I must have forgotten this was part of the procedure to achieve flight.   

Thank You Very Much For Your Help
Greg
2018-1-10
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I think you might need to refresh your mind with a full review of the full Mavic user guide as I'm sure there must be other things you have forgotten along with how to start the Mavic.

Good luck.
2018-1-10
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Isn't it strange that the breakdown feature is the same combination of button as the Takeoff one?
2018-1-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

G. Reed Posted at 2018-1-10 12:00

It turns out pushing the sticks inward and down worked. I must have forgotten this was part of the procedure to achieve flight.   

At least this was only a senior moment and everything is okay!  

Good idea to refresh all of the other features in the manual.

Enjoy
Rich
2018-1-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

G. Reed Posted at 2018-1-10 12:00

Well at least you got some keyboard typing practice telling us all about the problems.
We all have bad days.
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules