Micro SD Card in the RC ?
2890 16 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I have read somewhere that the Micro SD card in the controller is necessary when updating the system,  but does it have to be left in the RC during normal operation of the drone ?
Or can it be utilised for data/pic storage in the drone ?

Cheers

2018-1-5
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

What model do you have ? On P4P+ it can't be used to storage data/pic which is a huge lack of functionality and an inmense design failure
2018-1-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have the + ? The + is the only one with 2 SD slots.
2018-1-6
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I don't think you have to leave it in the RC after you have dune the updates, so I would say you can reuse it in the aircraft... but you may need to reset software etc, so it woldn't hurt to keep it in the remote.  Also, since the remote doesn't use it to record videos, it might even be a cheaper SD card than the one requested for the aircraft.
2018-1-6
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-6 00:27
What model do you have ? On P4P+ it can't be used to storage data/pic which is a huge lack of functionality and an inmense design failure

Yep,  that's mine ---  P4P+
Oh well,  I can use the card in the drone instead

Cheers
2018-1-6
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:06
Do you have the + ? The + is the only one with 2 SD slots.

I can only find 1 sd card slot on the controller,   there are 2 USB slots.  Is that what you mean ?
2018-1-6
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:46
I don't think you have to leave it in the RC after you have dune the updates, so I would say you can reuse it in the aircraft... but you may need to reset software etc, so it woldn't hurt to keep it in the remote.  Also, since the remote doesn't use it to record videos, it might even be a cheaper SD card than the one requested for the aircraft.

Good point,  thanks.  I will format the card before using it in the a/c
Good on yer !
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Manxmann, all the videos and pictures will be saved in the SD card in the aircraft and mobile device, so there is no need to insert in RC during the normal operation. No worries.
2018-1-6
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-6 23:15
Hi Manxmann, all the videos and pictures will be saved in the SD card in the aircraft and mobile device, so there is no need to insert in RC during the normal operation. No worries.

Hi Susan,
unfortunately videos and pictures can't be saved on the SD card of the built in screen of our P4P+.
Still looking for the long ago promised fixing patch...but having the feeling that DJI won't correct this and it would be fair to explain this
2018-1-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 2018-1-6 16:48
I can only find 1 sd card slot on the controller,   there are 2 USB slots.  Is that what you mean ?

Do you have the P4P + or a P4P?
2018-1-7
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:06
Do you have the + ? The + is the only one with 2 SD slots.

yes, but only if you count the one in the aircraft too. the  PLUS remote  has 1 SD card slot, between the micro USB and the HDMI slots.... The OP is talking specifically of the RC.
2018-1-7
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:52
Do you have the P4P + or a P4P?

Phantom 4 Pro Plus

2018-1-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-7 00:20
Hi Susan,
unfortunately videos and pictures can't be saved on the SD card of the built in screen of our P4P+.
Still looking for the long ago promised fixing patch...but having the feeling that DJI won't correct this and it would be fair to explain this

There is no point in saving the video or photos to the SD card in the RC unit, as they are low quality feeds for viewing and framing purposes only. And they are subject to glitches from the transmission process. This is why the real photos and videos are on the SD card in the aircraft.
2018-1-7
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-7 15:59
There is no point in saving the video or photos to the SD card in the RC unit, as they are low quality feeds for viewing and framing purposes only. And they are subject to glitches from the transmission process. This is why the real photos and videos are on the SD card in the aircraft.

There are many points in saving the videos or photos to the SD card in the unit:
One is the possibility to recover the flying path of the AC if gets lost.
Another point is the option to videocache on the SD, option available for P4P without built in screen but unaivailable for P4P+
Last but not least, some of us travel in the wild. If want to travel light, without a laptop, etc., the only way to send videos or photos from the place or edit them at site is the RC and the SD card. Inserting the aircraft's SD card into the RC is useless as the DJI's editor does not process nor support 4K (and usually we film at most powerfull resolution available). Also I think is risky, and I don't access too much the SD with the original footage until back home and back-up has made. The footage recorded on the RC is of a lower quality but for first, preliminary uses it is sufficient and that whas the reason DJI allowed us to have it. Unfortunately for P4P+ owners they launched the model with an incomplete design and lack of SD functionalities which were described above and in many other topics on this forum
2018-1-8
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-7 06:05
yes, but only if you count the one in the aircraft too. the  PLUS remote  has 1 SD card slot, between the micro USB and the HDMI slots.... The OP is talking specifically of the RC.

Interesting. I have a Crystal Sky and that has 2 sd slots. I had the impression that is what the + used but I guess not.
2018-1-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-10 05:02
Interesting. I have a Crystal Sky and that has 2 sd slots. I had the impression that is what the + used but I guess not.

I think the monitor in the P4P PLUS  RC is not the same as the proper Crystal sky monitors. Those have the dual SD slots :
"DUAL SD CARD SLOTS
Equipped with dual Micro SD Card slots, the CrystalSky monitor’s storage can be extended, or footage recorded on a Micro SD Card can be played back directly on the monitor. It can also be used for footage backups. Using editors built in DJI GO, high-quality edits can be made quickly and instantly shared to social media.
The CrystalSky monitor supports H.264 and H.265 video decoding, allowing it to play back these files at 30 fps and 60 fps respectively. These videos can also be output through its HDMI port."(but I don't know if one can save videos there when the SD in the bird gets full...) Looks to me you can insert there an SD card and play it back or edit it, or just get more storage for cached videos).
2018-1-10
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-10 06:18
I think the monitor in the P4P PLUS  RC is not the same as the proper Crystal sky monitors. Those have the dual SD slots :
"DUAL SD CARD SLOTS
Equipped with dual Micro SD Card slots, the CrystalSky monitor’s storage can be extended, or footage recorded on a Micro SD Card can be played back directly on the monitor. It can also be used for footage backups. Using editors built in DJI GO, high-quality edits can be made quickly and instantly shared to social media.

Yes, obviously very different devices. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the feedback.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules