DJI and my customer service experience (not good)
1684 22 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pelomixa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166014 ft
United States

So I went flying, was a bit windy and while I ignored my better judgement to not fly I went up anyway. What happened next was something I never expected. As soon as I take off, the drone starts moving away, not too quickly, but its not staying put like it normally does. Within a few seconds, the wind picks up and despite full throttle in my direction, it just keeps moving away from me. I tried for a good 5 minutes to bring it back, but nothing I did worked the wind was just too powerful. I was flying with a friend, and asked him how to turn on sport mode. He tells me that you cant activate it while flying, so I give up on that thought. Long story short, it ends up over Biscayne bay and then the battery runs out. All of this, is visible via GPS from the logs. I reach out to DJI, hoping they can help me since I purchased the DJI care refresh. The investigation is opened and the result is that I flew it in an unsuitable environment and unless I can send them the drone, there is nothing they can do. They also offer to apply for a 15% off coupon should I decide to replace the Mavic Pro I spent 1160 on (including the DJI Care Refresh) on. No, that is unacceptable. I am fully aware that this is a mistake that I made, flying in windy weather but lets be honest, had I sent them the drone, after a plunge in the ocean, it’s a total loss either way. I understand that without the drone they can’t replace it. I don’t necessarily agree with it considering they have the logs and they can see clearly from the logs that its in the ocean and a replacement would have to be issued had I sent it back. The excuse they are giving me, and that’s all it really is, that without the unit they are unable to help is BS. But lets move past that now, and I accept that they are basically being typical when it comes to how insurance companies work, try to find any excuse to not have to pay. I get it, I understand, but a 15% coupon is a slap in the face. DJI, you know you can do better than that. You could sell my the Mavic Pro at cost, plus shipping and taxes (body only), and I would be a happy customer, and you would not look like a greedy company.

I escalated the case but the reps keep telling me its a final decision. I ask to speak to a manager, and he tells me the same thing. So then I ask to speak to someone above him, hoping to get to a rep in the US, (these guys were all overseas reps). He tells me that he would have to open a case and that someone would get back to me.

I'm exetremely dissapointed. I'm not a wealthy person, I spent 1k on a drone, I bought the accidental warranty, and this is what I get....

2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

extremely* disappointed*
2018-1-6
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526798 ft
United Kingdom

Why did you "friend" think you can't switch into sport mode while flying?  I frequently shift between the two modes, it would probably have saved you drone.
2018-1-6
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

my friend.. i can only imagine how sad and frustrating thaT  is  BUT
you made several mistakes

1) fly with strong wind
2) you are inexperienced and that caused your drone to fly away.. you just had to turn on SPORT MODE while you are flying ( yes you can activate it.. your friend was 100% wrong)
3) it's as easy as Dji says... DJI CARE works for ANY reason BUT they need the DRONE BACK ... drone in the ocean is not an excuse :-(

that said i do feel how bad it is cause  none find 1K of euro/dollars under a three !!! next time you WILL consider weather conditions before taking off

2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

Yeah im really upset. Its just so disappointing to have what feels like my faborite company just turn their back on me...
2018-1-6
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

You could use 15% discount to purchase the drone and battery alone
2018-1-6
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Pelomixa Posted at 2018-1-6 02:04
Yeah im really upset. Its just so disappointing to have what feels like my faborite company just turn their back on me...

No sir, you made a fatal mistake. Not even knowing where sport mode is, is the start of your demise.
RTFM...
DJI cant be your favourite company if you dont even know how their product works????
Maybe, for a favourite company you could choose...Kleenex, surely by now you know how their product works???
2018-1-6
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Pelomixa Posted at 2018-1-6 02:04
Yeah im really upset. Its just so disappointing to have what feels like my faborite company just turn their back on me...

It's surely written in their policy and there for a reason
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

I get it, you guys are all fans of DJI, great. RTFM, yeah thats a good one. Guess what, the care refresh covers pilot error and fault. The issue here is not whos fault it is its how crappy their customer service and claims process is. Im not wrong in saying they are offering me practically nothing. Im not wrong in expecting more from them. As for kleenex, you should probably stop buying so much of it and spend some time away from the computer.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2018-1-6 02:46
It's surely written in their policy and there for a reason

I just think they could offer me a replacement at cost considering.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2018-1-6 02:45
You could use 15% discount to purchase the drone and battery alone

They didnt give me a coupon they offered me the ability to apply for one....
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pelomixa, we are sorry for your loss and we understand your frustration and disappointment, but we do have made it very clearly in our policy that the DJI Care Refresh will not cover the lost or partially lost, I believe our support just abides by the policy, hope your kind understanding.
May I have the case number please? I will help to escalate the case to see if there is anything we can do, thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 03:05
Pelomixa, we are sorry for your loss and we understand your frustration and disappointment, but we do have made it very clearly in our policy that the DJI Care Refresh will not cover the lost or partially lost, I believe our support just abides by the policy, hope your kind understanding.
May I have the case number please? I will help to escalate the case to see if there is anything we can do, thank you.

I understand the policy, I just feel that DJI could offer me a drone at cost considering this is a total loss. I'm not asking for a complete replacement, I just feel that little is really being done for someone who purchased the accidental (pilot screwed up) warranty.

Case number
Re: CAS-1372450-N6Z4Q2 CRM:0535000000342
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-1-6 02:46
No sir, you made a fatal mistake. Not even knowing where sport mode is, is the start of your demise.
RTFM...
DJI cant be your favourite company if you dont even know how their product works????

I knew about Sport Mode, I just never used it because I never trusted it. As a result of never using it, I forgot where/how to activate it.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pelomixa Posted at 2018-1-6 05:27
I understand the policy, I just feel that DJI could offer me a drone at cost considering this is a total loss. I'm not asking for a complete replacement, I just feel that little is really being done for someone who purchased the accidental (pilot screwed up) warranty.

Thanks for getting back to us. I've just checked your case, the accident was indeed caused the pilot error, and I will not explain here any more. Regarding the DJI Care Refresh, Mindy has made it clear, it covered the pilot error as long as the drone was recovered and sent in. Also, the DJI Care Refresh can be transferred to the new drone if you need. I understand your frustration and we are trying to help you. This has been forwarded to the designated team, and they will take care of this and contact you in the working days. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

Thank you very much for that.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-6 19:08
Thanks for getting back to us. I've just checked your case, the accident was indeed caused the pilot error, and I will not explain here any more. Regarding the DJI Care Refresh, Mindy has made it clear, it covered the pilot error as long as the drone was recovered and sent in. Also, the DJI Care Refresh can be transferred to the new drone if you need. I understand your frustration and we are trying to help you. This has been forwarded to the designated team, and they will take care of this and contact you in the working days. Appreciate your understanding.

DJI Susan, no one has reached out to me yet and I was wondering how long should this take?
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pelomixa Posted at 2018-1-10 08:39
DJI Susan, no one has reached out to me yet and I was wondering how long should this take?

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll check the exact status with the local team and will come back later.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_elLho7T
lvl.1
Australia

Lodge a complaint to the government organization
2018-1-12
Use props
Jojoned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195912 ft
Canada

I sent my P3P in for repair. When they returned it it was missing the gimbal lock.
CAS-1300531-K0P7F6 verified on Dec 15th and after numerous requests I still have no email indicating shipping.  Why does this have to take over a month to ship out. It was DJI error. Past experience has been a 4 out of 5 so this is surprising as it seems like a pretty simple task.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jojoned Posted at 2018-1-18 12:46
I sent my P3P in for repair. When they returned it it was missing the gimbal lock.
CAS-1300531-K0P7F6 verified on Dec 15th and after numerous requests I still have no email indicating shipping.  Why does this have to take over a month to ship out. It was DJI error. Past experience has been a 4 out of 5 so this is surprising as it seems like a pretty simple task.

Jojoned, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time, I will escalate your concern to local team to expedite the shipping, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. Thanks for your patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
Jojoned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195912 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-18 19:44
Jojoned, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time, I will escalate your concern to local team to expedite the shipping, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Mindy.  Just to update, it took a few more emails to finally get it shipped and arrived in early Feb.
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jojoned Posted at 2018-2-19 11:48
Thanks Mindy.  Just to update, it took a few more emails to finally get it shipped and arrived in early Feb.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know we finally figured this out. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules