Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My spark won't power on!
23568 23 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607205 ft
Sweden

Having trouble with my new  spark! I can't get it to power on like I have seen on video. When I turn it on only the battery lights up, not the lights under the motors. And it starts beeping once every six seconds.  can't activate it or connect it to controller or phone.
I've managed to connect my phone with the controller.
I would very much appreciate some help //Johan
2018-1-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you read the manual?  videos are nice, but please do read the manual.
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-6 03:12
Have you read the manual?  videos are nice, but please do read the manual.

Yes of course I've read the manual but it doesn't help much when the drone won't power on
2018-1-6
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Remember with all DJI power buttons, it's a double press and hold to turn them on.
It looks like you have not turned on the AC , pressing the power button once is for a battery check

The RC beeping is because it's looking for the AC to connect, but you haven't turned the AC on.

2018-1-6
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Sounds like a defective spark; return and get a refund
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

The thing about the power button you're writing about that is exactly how I'm doing, and the dron is doing the beeping
2018-1-6
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 04:25
The thing about the power button you're writing about that is exactly how I'm doing, and the dron is doing the beeping

you must return the SPARK and request for a refund immediately.
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 04:25

Do you have a second battery and did you try with that one?
2018-1-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-6 05:02
Do you have a second battery and did you try with that one?

I agree and try a second battery or you can pull the battery out and see if it will power on it might be a defective battery.
2018-1-6
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Did you charge the battery yet?
Before turning on the battery must be charged or it won't even show you it's capacity when clicking the button on it.
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes it is the fly more combo so I have 2 batteries both fully charged and I think I have tried everything..
2018-1-6
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

When it is fully charged does the battery show 4 led green lights when you press the "ON' button?
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes it does
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return it, contact DJI
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks for all the suggestions I have contacted the dji support also, but I guess I've hoped that someone her would have a quick fix for me. The dji support asked for a video and haven't heard from them since.
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

quick video of me trying to power it up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpg4lyipdx4dl2x/MOV_1495.mp4?dl=0
2018-1-6
Use props
djiuser_KhDNbx2KH2ik
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 1-6 03:55
Remember with all DJI power buttons, it's a double press and hold to turn them on.
It looks like you have not turned on the AC , pressing the power button once is for a battery check

Best answer! Problem solved.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_KhDNbx2KH2ik
lvl.1

United States

Except tello, double press and hold for 2-3 second on second press then release.
2018-12-13
Use props
Bunelu Mm
New

Romania

Good evening !!!
i have a problem with my drone Dji spark, start when i open it but do not turn on the lights and do not start the spikes, only  cpu cooler starts, please if you can help me :-((
2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_MuajgNs1qTI4
New

United States

Just wondering if you ever found a fix for this. I'm having the same problem.
2019-6-24
Use props
Caclayton122
lvl.1

United States

You guys all seem to be new to the Hobby, so I'm going to show you a few tips that I learned my first year flying  and yes, it literally took a good year to finally not run into something,  anything that would not make my DJI product fly. Ok, number one. Make sure your updates are current. I know some people like their certain version and font wan ty to have to learn a whole new set of steps to do something you already knew how to do in 2 steps.  But, DJI has had to put out some mandated updates. These are for your protection,  the people that are going to be close by to you flying your drone and of course the air trafficwhich if you are within a certain radius you will be either warned  that you are within so many miles from an airport, or Helipad. Remember,  your drone has a geo fence of 400 feet and pilot's are supposed to keep it above 500 feet. If you are I believe within a mile of an airstrip or h etlioad I believe your drone ain't going NO WHERE!
2019-7-29
Use props
Caclayton122
lvl.1

United States

2nd, make sure the wire you are using to connect your transmitter to your phone is a data cable. If not you will not get connected properly.  3rd. Calibrate your drone, especially if you are in a new area. Why? Because by your normal spot you maybe flying at approximately 500ft above sea level. But you're  going to hit the slopes and guess what.  If your at the top of the mountain and you take off and let's say for some reason you have list sight if your drone.  So, what do you do, hit return to home.  The drone will raise itself the exact height you punched in. So you wont hit any neighbors trees or something like that.  But your not by your neighbors and if your drone doesn't have front obstacle avoidance...well, lets just say the drone  could be flying at anke height.  I have heard this story from some of the best pilots I know.
4th. Please remove the gimbal guard from behind the camera.  When you first turn everything on,  your camera's gimbal is going to perform  a calibration te
2019-7-29
Use props
Caclayton122
lvl.1

United States

Make sure you have a class 10 SD Card in your drone and make sure it us formatted. Go through all the camera settings to make sure you ge6 the best shot. A little hint for you knew guys. You dont have to tape in 4k just because you have available.  My wife and I bought a brand new 2k laptop and it had 2 hard drives. The first Phantom and Mavic I bought I was shooting in 4k all day!!!! But omg, when I filled that 64 card over and over again and then downloaded what seemed like the Library of Congress. All of a sudden, I got a message telling me my drove was full.  I hadn't even had the two drones for a week. Thank God. My wife showed me that we had a second drive.  But the funny thing is our TV doesn't have 4k. Loathe only think that streamed 4k was my Note 5.
You can tape in 2k at higher speeds or even 1080p at 120. The late bit of advice I can give you is to go out and get your drone straight with law. All it is is $5. And now it has to be visible on the outside of the drone.  Now pe
2019-7-29
Use props
Caclayton122
lvl.1

United States

People like meand many other people I I know have decorated their drone. Customized it with a paint job on the shell. Or one of those skins you can buy. They come in about 50 pieces and you have to pain stakenley put each piece on just perfect for your screwed..  What I tell people is just take a permanent marker and write the registration on one of the props. That way when you sell it you just switch props.so I guess that's about it.Hope this made some people learn something,  some people laughtill they cried, some people cuss at me because they think this is some iOS some kind of secret society.  This Hobby has a steep learning curve  but if anyone else needs help or repair work done, were the best in the valley, 480-486-9441
Christopher Clayton
Detroit drone co
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules