Spark won't power on
7428 16 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607205 ft
Sweden

Having trouble with my new  spark! I can't get it to power on like I have seen on video. When I turn it on only the battery lights up, not the lights under the motors. And it starts beeping once every six seconds.  can't activate it or connect it to controller or phone.
I've managed to connect my phone with the controller.
I would very much appreciate some help //Johan

2018-1-6
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Check the manual. To power on the Spark you need to press it once shortly so that the battery lights up and then release and press it again for a little bit longer till your drone starts up (lights go up, you hear the sound and cooling fan starts). When you are holding the button only once and for a longer time you are actually resetting the WiFi ;).
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-6 03:16
Check the manual. To power on the Spark you need to press it once shortly so that the battery lights up and then release and press it again for a little bit longer till your drone starts up (lights go up, you hear the sound and cooling fan starts). When you are holding the button only once and for a longer time you are actually resetting the WiFi ;).

That is how I'm doing it, and the drone dose as I described
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 03:49
That is how I'm doing it, and the drone dose as I described

When you have turned on remote and aircraft what is happening?
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

My phone connects to the controller but the controller can't connect to the drone. The dron doesn't seem to power on as it should,the battery lights starts and keeps on the entire time, but the lights under the motors doesn't come on at all. The drone starts beeping once every 6 seconds until I turn it of. But I can't activate or link it to the controller
2018-1-6
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I would inspect the battery contacts carefully.
Then ask DJI for a list of beep codes.
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 09:06
My phone connects to the controller but the controller can't connect to the drone. The dron doesn't seem to power on as it should,the battery lights starts and keeps on the entire time, but the lights under the motors doesn't come on at all. The drone starts beeping once every 6 seconds until I turn it of. But I can't activate or link it to the controller

to connect to controller, when aircraft is turned on and remote is on . first press and hold battery button until it beeps once, then press pause FN and large button on back of remote simultaneously until remote starts beeping , it needs to be within a couple of feet of aircraft, it should only take a few seconds to pair. and green light should show.
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

The thing is that I can't do that. I do the quick press then hold the Battery button. But the drone doesn't react as you described. The only thing I can do with the drone is to power on the battery as described but I can't enter any other modes by pressing the button again it only powers on and of  and beeps 1 time every 6 seconds,  no matter what I do. The pairing process you described doesn't work they just won't pair
2018-1-6
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Any luck connecting spark to PC/Mac and starting DJI Assistant 2?
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 10:47
The thing is that I can't do that. I do the quick press then hold the Battery button. But the drone doesn't react as you described. The only thing I can do with the drone is to power on the battery as described but I can't enter any other modes by pressing the button again it only powers on and of  and beeps 1 time every 6 seconds,  no matter what I do. The pairing process you described doesn't work they just won't pair

Can you post a quick video of what’s happening when trying to start Aircraft?
2018-1-6
Use props
JohanMagnusson
lvl.2
Sweden

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpg4lyipdx4dl2x/MOV_1495.mp4?dl=0
2018-1-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Looks like Spark is not able to even initialize.
If I were you I would file warranty claim with either your dealer or DJI depending on where you purchased it from.
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohanMagnusson  Posted at 2018-1-6 11:12
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpg4lyipdx4dl2x/MOV_1495.mp4?dl=0

Ok it looks like your Aircraft is not powering up, your leds and fan and also your motors should twitch when battery is turned on,
So maybe connection is not being made with aircraft , check all connections are clean and free from dust, try with different batteries if you have them, if none of this works you could try factory reset on assistant 2 but I don’t think this will work if AC won’t power up.
Last option is arrange to ship back for replacement.
2018-1-6
Use props
fansbd4f3f8c
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing! HELP!
2020-1-11
Use props
JohanMagnusson 5
lvl.2
Sweden

fansbd4f3f8c Posted at 1-11 09:01
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing! HELP!

Had to send it back to DJI. Got a new one in return
2020-1-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a special way to power on DJI drones, make sure you read the instructions.
2020-1-18
Use props
royl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

Interestingly enough.  I was flying my spark around the yard taking photos of my dog when it suddenly went haywire and flew into a tree.  No biggie.  Only about 5ft. off the ground and only broke 1 blade on a prop.  After replacing the blades I went to continue flying and my Spark was doing exactly what is described here.  No lights and only beeping every few seconds.  Well, I thought it was toast.  I decided to pull the top off and have a look inside.  I powered it up and noticed the fan wasn't running when I turned it on.  I figured the fan failed in flight and something on the mainboard fried.  I couldn't even refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant.  I just knew it was dead.  I unplugged the fan from the board and was gonna pull it off.  After unplugging the fan I turned on the drone and LO AND BEHOLD IT STARTED UP AS NORMAL!  I could even hook to the pc and do a firmware refresh! I flew it around my den and it was fine!  Huh.  So I ordered a new fan for it off amazon and installed it.  Now my Spark is flying again with no problems.  Who knew!
2020-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules