Dji Care Refresh Express Protocol - Please Help
1157 4 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustAHobbyist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, sadly I've crashed my amazing Mavic today. It was a glorious day until then; the sun was over the horizon; no wind or rain was apparent all morning and I was out in the countryside with my beautiful digital bird. I decided to test the flight path with 4mps tripod mode and didn't touch anything whatsoever whilst doing so, the path was clear. After returning to my home point I set off again and pushed the stick forwards, wanting to get a smooth shot but remaining in line of sight, I then pushed the stick backwards to return back to me. From nowhere a single gust of wind moved the Mavic off it's flight path and threw it in to a collission with a tree branch which then inevitably resulted in damage caused to the front of the body; the propellers; gimbal and camera on impact with the ground. My first crash destroyed my beloved piece of beautiful DJI engineering.  My flight data will corroborate this and I'm able to send you details if needed. I am covered with DJI care refresh and want to pay the £79 fee for a replacement Mavic but I don't have any funds until 16th January. I have a few questions: Will DJI send me the email with the UPS label before I pay the £79 so that I can expedite the process by sending the drone now to a replacement centre, awaiting my payment on the 16th or do I have to pay that fee first before they issue the UPS label? Is there any other payment option available other than paypal? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

You will have pay for it first. The replacement is also a refurbished drone that come out from someone else mistakes. So don't expect to get a new drone.
2018-1-6
Use props
JustAHobbyist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why would the express service want you to pay before the label was sent? The payment process is usually AFTER the initial label is sent via email. I thought the whole point was to expedite the process and eliminate damage assessment and repair quotation? Surely they can still receive my drone and record that they've received it so that when I have the funds on the 16th they're able to then post my replacement. I have heard of many people receiving an entirely new drone rather than a refurbished one. I don't expect anything other than what's detailed in the DJI care refresh terms & conditions which is "You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement". As my drone was purchased just 12 weeks ago, I certainly wouldn't want the refurbished drone to be built using parts that have been used for more than 12 weeks. That would be unfair and certainly not in accordance to the FAQ's on the website. "Equivalent to new in performance and reliability" could only ever mean new. Hardware / electronics has a lifespan. Looking at the After-Sales service policy, If any refurbished parts or units do not meet quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear about the crash, for Dji Care Refresh Express, users need to pay for the charge first then send the drone back, or you can apply for the regular DIJ Care Refresh process. And PayPal should be used for DJI Care Refresh Express, sorry to tell it doesn't support other payment at the moment. The replacement drone will be new or equivalent to new. In your case, I suggest that you can apply for the regular, we will send you the shipping label first. Thank you. carefe.png
2018-1-6
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3291 ft

United States

Hi  Thor.

I accidentally Crash my Mavic Pro yesterday. It is actually my father's day gift but sadly before the father's day I already crashed it. I something to do to the home location which I believed I didn't update and when I accidentally press the RTH, it shoots up and hit my house.

To be honest my family plan or our original plan is to bring this Mavic pro in our family vacation in Nova Scotia Canada this 25 June 2018.  I set my case through dji customer service awhile ago 4 June 2018 9AM and I feel like it will be longer and my care refresh is not activated yet or used. Here's my My CASE # CAS-1869990-K7Y2B5

I have a DJI CARE REFRESH and I am willing to pay extra to make the process a bit faster.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules