AUTO RTH CRASH
997 10 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

I was flying my spark today.  I had moved to a different spot than where i had taken off from. It said it had low battery, and I was about to land, when it tried to return to "home" all by itself. There was a tree above it, and it started going up. I hit the pause button, idk why. I hit cancel rth, and it kept going up. It hit the tree and fell 20 feet down. The battery came out and one of the motors got completely detached. Does anyone know if DJI will send me a replacement for free? because I love my spark so much, but unfortunately it wanted to kill itself. I hope dji will send a free replacement. There was nothing I could do.
2018-1-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

dont worry too much..mine too fell from 60 meters high but luckily without the motors poppong out! Until today since last 6 months it works well.

You can open a case for a warranty claim.
2018-1-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How far was the Spark  from the home point when the RTH kicked in ?
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You may have a case, hitting the pause button should cancel RTH for low battery, you could post your log here it might help give you clarity  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-6
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

A lot of people have hit thing when they push the RTH button because they are not aware of what it right above them.  When you push RTH the drone always heads straight up first thing and it cannot see straight up.

2018-1-6
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37457 ft
United States

without the care i'm not sure they will replace it.  The logs will help
2018-1-6
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

Chirpz Posted at 2018-1-6 18:55
A lot of people have hit thing when they push the RTH button because they are not aware of what it right above them.  When you push RTH the drone always heads straight up first thing and it cannot see straight up.

I didn't press auto rth... i wouldn't have if there was a kid above me
2018-1-7
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-6 16:33
How far was the Spark  from the home point when the RTH kicked in ?

it was more than 100 meters.... so obstacle avoidance was disabled....but either way it would've went up and hit a tree
2018-1-7
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-1-6 16:20
dont worry too much..mine too fell from 60 meters high but luckily without the motors poppong out! Until today since last 6 months it works well.

did u send it in for them to fix it? or did it never break?
2018-1-7
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-1-6 16:20

2018-1-7
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

ryanharrison Posted at 2018-1-7 18:03

I never send the SPARK back to DJI.  Yes i had a broken rear wing. But i fixed it using Loctite 795 super glue.

For the last six months it has been working perfectly alright.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules