Weak/No Image Transmission Signal
6361 9 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvillegas28
lvl.1
United States

Intermittent image transmission signals.

While flying my Inspire 1 I seem to be having problems with my image transmission. While trying to view the picture I get either a "Weak Image Transmission Signal" or "No Image Transmission Signal." Occassionally I live picture will appear but is pixalated and slow then cuts back out.

Flying stays responsive, but there is no live feed.

I'm running:
App: 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
Remote: 1.7.80
Camera: 1.10.01.40

I've restarted the aircraft/remote multiple times. I've tried running the Inspire without the memory card. I've formatted the memory card. I've tried different batteries.

If someone could give me some advice to fixing the problem that would be great!

Thanks!!
2018-1-6
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

One place to investigate would be your Lightbridge Image transmission settings. They are found by tapping on the HD bar graph icon on the GO App header. Lightbridge uses the same radio frequencies as Wifi, so in areas of high Wifi use, you can get considerable interference as you fly. Below is the typical Image transmission settings page (this happens to be iOS but android is similar).

The default MODE setting is AUTO and in many areas this is the best setting. AUTO allows the software to determine the best frequency  and additionaly allows the software to change frequencies when interference is encountered. In heavy Wifi utilization areas this may not be the best setting. Custom allow you to manually select the best frequency for your area and it will not change unless you change it. In many areas channel 20 is little used by Wifi. The graph shows interference. The higher the bar, the GREATER the interfennce on that channel. So look for the lowest bars over time and try selecting that frequency manually for your flight. Then fly a test flight, prepared for any video disconnects and plan your emergency actions prior to flight.

HD_Setings.png
Notice that the picture above shows 32 channels instead of the normal 8 available channels. There is a thread on this forum to enable custom selection of the original 32 channels here: Thread to enable 32 channel visibility. DJI changed the available channels from 32 to 8 because the other channels are NOT available public spectrum. See this document for additional channel information -> Additional channel frequency information Use this information at your own discretion and liability! (Channel 20 is probably the best and safest channel in many areas without having to alter the software)

The other BIG selection is Transmission Quality.For the longest range, turn DOWN the quality which reduces the bandwidth requirements!!!
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What kind of go app device do you have ?  Is it like an I pad air 2 ? If so it does not have enough Power .  Try and get hold of and I pad pro with A9 or A-10 processor and try again .  Ready tips page as well for other ideas
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie
2018-1-12
Use props
lvillegas28
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-1-11 12:02
One place to investigate would be your Lightbridge Image transmission settings. They are found by tapping on the HD bar graph icon on the GO App header. Lightbridge uses the same radio frequencies as Wifi, so in areas of high Wifi use, you can get considerable interference as you fly. Below is the typical Image transmission settings page (this happens to be iOS but android is similar).

The default MODE setting is AUTO and in many areas this is the best setting. AUTO allows the software to determine the best frequency  and additionaly allows the software to change frequencies when interference is encountered. In heavy Wifi utilization areas this may not be the best setting. Custom allow you to manually select the best frequency for your area and it will not change unless you change it. In many areas channel 20 is little used by Wifi. The graph shows interference. The higher the bar, the GREATER the interfennce on that channel. So look for the lowest bars over time and try selecting that frequency manually for your flight. Then fly a test flight, prepared for any video disconnects and plan your emergency actions prior to flight.

Thank you for the help but I'm continuing to have the problem. I don't know if it matters but when I use my Mavic I have no transmission problems with the signal. Also, this is a new problem. I've flown my Inspire1 in the same areas with no transmission problems in the past, but I'm starting to have these problems now.
2018-1-12
Use props
lvillegas28
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 11:38
What kind of go app device do you have ?  Is it like an I pad air 2 ? If so it does not have enough Power .  Try and get hold of and I pad pro with A9 or A-10 processor and try again .  Ready tips page as well for other ideas
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

Hey Donnie. Thanks for the advice. I currently use an iPhone 7+. Since owning this drone(2 years approx.) i've used iPhone and never had transmission problems. Unless the app requires more power now since the upgrades then that makes sense. Also, I'm only using the Zenmuse Z3.
2018-1-12
Use props
lvillegas28
lvl.1
United States

lvillegas28 Posted at 2018-1-12 17:40
Hey Donnie. Thanks for the advice. I currently use an iPhone 7+. Since owning this drone(2 years approx.) i've used iPhone and never had transmission problems. Unless the app requires more power now since the upgrades then that makes sense. Also, I'm only using the Zenmuse Z3.

Zenmuse X3****
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

lvillegas28 Posted at 2018-1-12 17:40
Hey Donnie. Thanks for the advice. I currently use an iPhone 7+. Since owning this drone(2 years approx.) i've used iPhone and never had transmission problems. Unless the app requires more power now since the upgrades then that makes sense. Also, I'm only using the Zenmuse Z3.

That is it exactly , the system requires more processing power as the encryption has become more complex .

donnie
2018-1-13
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-1-11 12:02
One place to investigate would be your Lightbridge Image transmission settings. They are found by tapping on the HD bar graph icon on the GO App header. Lightbridge uses the same radio frequencies as Wifi, so in areas of high Wifi use, you can get considerable interference as you fly. Below is the typical Image transmission settings page (this happens to be iOS but android is similar).

The default MODE setting is AUTO and in many areas this is the best setting. AUTO allows the software to determine the best frequency  and additionaly allows the software to change frequencies when interference is encountered. In heavy Wifi utilization areas this may not be the best setting. Custom allow you to manually select the best frequency for your area and it will not change unless you change it. In many areas channel 20 is little used by Wifi. The graph shows interference. The higher the bar, the GREATER the interfennce on that channel. So look for the lowest bars over time and try selecting that frequency manually for your flight. Then fly a test flight, prepared for any video disconnects and plan your emergency actions prior to flight.

The site you identify as being able to get the additional channels does not have the referenced config files anymore for download. I run into this issue around my neighborhood as there is a lot of WiFi around. There was a time it was not affected, a bit more sensitive now.

Do you know if anyone else has this config file that they share?
2018-1-13
Use props
Donnie "Apple"
First Officer
United States

snath Posted at 2018-1-13 08:23
The site you identify as being able to get the additional channels does not have the referenced config files anymore for download. I run into this issue around my neighborhood as there is a lot of WiFi around. There was a time it was not affected, a bit more sensitive now.

try this link or I have the file at the very bottomof the page, you choice.

donnie apple !!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ttachmentid=8474424

DJI_Config_File (1).rar

192 Bytes, Down times: 11

2018-1-13
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2018-1-13 08:23

It's also here -> Click here and scroll down to the bottom to download a ZIP file with .DJI.configs within
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules