Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
remote controller doesn't calibrate
5801 17 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Hi
It's impossible for me yo callibrate the remote controller of my Phantom 4. I can move the handlles but it doesn't finish the calibration.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Rapsac
2018-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Did you move the gimbal wheel as well
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

What is the gimbal wheel?
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Yes
I can't get calibration of the joy-sticks to complete. I follow the instructions and move the sticks to the max in all directions. Over and over and over again. In every different way and combination I can imagine. The "finish" button never turns blue and activates
2018-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rapsac Posted at 2018-1-7 00:37

The camera wheel
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Yes
I can't get calibration of the joy-sticks to complete. I follow the instructions and move the sticks to the max in all directions. Over and over and over again. In every different way and combination I can imagine. The "finish" button never turns blue and activates

What do mean by gimbal wheel?
2018-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rapsac Posted at 2018-1-7 00:38
What do mean by gimbal wheel?

I meant the camera wheel, The gimbal is the part that holds the camera steady, this is what moves when you aim the camera up and down so that’s why I refer to that dial as the gimbal wheel.
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-7 00:43
I meant the camera wheel, The gimbal is the part that holds the camera steady, this is what moves when you aim the camera up and down so that’s why I refer to that dial as the gimbal wheel.

Yes I did
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

But while calibrating the remote the Phantom mus be disconnected
2018-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What is the app saying on the screen when it doesn’t finish.
2018-1-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Here is a YouTube video, if you follow the steps it should work, if at any point you do not see the input on the sticks reflected on the app it could indicated a problem..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enD89VJtR4Q
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you solve the problem? I would recommend you follow Alan's advice. If it doesn't work, please try to reinstall the app or change a device to calibrate your RC. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-14
Use props
Sean Goldie
New
Flight distance : 8806 ft
South Africa

I know I am only replying a year later to this post, but my experience may help others with the same issue. Awhile ago I had a long distance booster antenna installed by DJI here in Cape Town and the technician who did the installation forgot to screw the four screws holding the controller, after a few uses I opened my carrier bag and pulled the controller out and it was literally in two pieces, quite a few of the connectors had pulled loose and I decided to put everything back together and actually screw the two parts together, needless to say when I started everything up I was getting this incessant beeping and red light on the controller and I tried all the recommendations on this forum and I noticed that I could connect and see camera and all but when I tried to calibrate the controller it would let me do  the two sticks but no input was coming from the roller wheels on the side. This prompted me to open up the controller again and I then noticed my mistake of inserting the connector for the left wheel the wrong way around. I flipped the connector the right way round and connected everything and started everything up and lo and behold success. So I think the poster here must have a loose connector o the board inside the controller, if you are tech minded and savvy then may be worth your while to fix this issue yourself. Must note that when I tried to go back into the calibration process after fixing the issue it would not let me as if to say there is nothing wrong here so do not come in. Hope this helps someone with a similar issue out there
2019-4-7
Use props
djiuser_7ikdbdnlZ28U
New

United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-7 00:30
Did you move the gimbal wheel as well

Just a non-sense word
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_7ikdbdnlZ28U
New

United Kingdom

Yes

Same experirnce here ... I suspect the issue to be related to either their new firmware update or RC controller itself
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_7ikdbdnlZ28U
New

United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-7 00:43

It has nothing to do with RC calibration. In fact RC calibration requires the drone to be powered off
2022-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules