H3-3D red LED constant on after crash
1689 1 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dpeterson
New

United States

I had a crash with my Phantom 2 w/H3-3D and afterwards the gimbal became a bit twitchy and mostly unresponsive.  Oddly, it still maintains a very steady video but when I try to tilt up and down it is unresponsive and/or twitchy - making the video jump.

I've tried already to connect it to my computer but it doesn't seem to do anything.  I saw on YouTube that you can factory reset the gimbal by connecting two of the metal leads together with a wire or scissors - but this didn't work either.  I have a solid RED led light on and it doesn't change when I use the wire.  I haven't been able to find anywhere to explain the RED light so I was hoping someone in this forum could help.  

It wasn't too bad of a crash - just 2 feet off the ground.  But since the crash the red light is on and the gimbal is twitchy.  Please help.  Does the red light simply mean it's done for?  I live in New Jersey.  I there any repair facility I could bring or send it to.  

The good news is that I was able to get a 'accidental damage' warrante through Square Trade and they will cover the cost of a new gimbal if needed.  The only problem is that I would have to send it to a repair facility to get it repaired.  It's easy enough for me to get a new gimbal and install it but that would void any future warante for some reason becuase I didn't go through an authorized repair place.  pleas help
2015-4-21
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi the upgrade version RC dial is only for Phantom series gimbal
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules