Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! Can't fly higher than 5 m / 16 ft
5393 21 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018642 ft
Singapore

So I was flying my spark in a large multi-purpose hall but it wouldn't go higher than 4-5 meters. I couldn't get any GPS signal since it was indoors. It was in OPTI mode as it was quite bright in there. Is there any possible way to fly higher than 5 meters above the take off point indoors?
2018-1-7
Use props
rimza
Captain
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Yes you are right as when vision system is activated you are height limited to 5 meters. Possibly the bottom vision sensors cannot make out the floor or base details if it is more than 5 meters.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Singapore

rimza Posted at 2018-1-7 04:00
Yes you are right as when vision system is activated you are height limited to 5 meters. Possibly the bottom vision sensors cannot make out the floor or base details if it is more than 5 meters.

Is there any way to bypass the 5 meters height limit when in OPTI mode?
2018-1-7
Use props
rimza
Captain
Brunei

In the manual it mentioned that in weak GPS mode and Vision system deactivated the maximum height is 30M.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Singapore

rimza Posted at 2018-1-7 04:18
In the manual it mentioned that in weak GPS mode and Vision system deactivated the maximum height is 30M.

VPS can't be disabled on the spark. So am I stuck with a 5 meters height restriction?
2018-1-7
Use props
rimza
Captain
Brunei

I believe you are, because there is no GPS signal.
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106699 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-7 04:22
VPS can't be disabled on the spark. So am I stuck with a 5 meters height restriction?

Page 47 of Spark manual:

2018-1-7
Use props
Dax-Fax
lvl.2

Singapore

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-7 04:22
VPS can't be disabled on the spark. So am I stuck with a 5 meters height restriction?

Just cover up the bottom VPS camera with a piece of duct tape. Works for me
2018-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5740837 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-7 04:11
Is there any way to bypass the 5 meters height limit when in OPTI mode?

Failsafe setting for no gps 16ft, if you were in Atti mode you could rise to 30 metres, but a much more risky flight.
2018-1-7
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

ofcourse you can go beyond 5 meters.  May be you need to disable the gesture mode.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Singapore

Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it.
I managed to force it into ATTI mode by covering up the camera at the bottom with a paper and the restriction is now gone, albeit a little unstable but at least now I'm able to fly it up to the roof.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-7 23:42
Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it.
I managed to force it into ATTI mode by covering up the camera at the bottom with a paper and the restriction is now gone, albeit a little unstable but at least now I'm able to fly it up to the roof.

Sir, please mount propellers guard for your drone's safety. I would recommend you fly in a wide place. Please avoid interference which can has a bad influence on VPS.
3D VISION SYSTEM.png
2018-1-14
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Netherlands

You can use a gps repeater to fly indoors (google)
2018-1-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 241362 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dax-Fax Posted at 2018-1-7 05:26
Just cover up the bottom VPS camera with a piece of duct tape. Works for me

I wouldn't suggest this. There have been instances of the spark shooting into the sky because the vision sensors think there's something underneath the drone.
Even though the OP is flying indoors if it manages to get a single GPS lock it will probably cause the spark to gain altitude without having control of it.
2018-1-15
Use props
Chito G. Reyes
lvl.2

Philippines

Hello there, am I missing something here? Why can't I fly my DJI Spark for more than 5 meters. why am I stuck to that height? What seems to be wrong...is it the settings or what? Please help me find a way. Awaiting your reply, thanks!
2019-7-22
Use props
Chito G. Reyes
lvl.2

Philippines

Hello there, am I missing something here? Why can't I fly my DJI Spark for more than 5 meters. why am I stuck to that height? What seems to be wrong...is it the settings or what? Please help me find a way. Awaiting your reply, thanks!
2019-7-22
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 1522900 ft
United States

Well, you posted your question at the end of a thread with suggestions on that very topic.
2019-7-23
Use props
Raliff
lvl.1

Indonesia

I've had the same problem here and i figured that there was something wrong with the sensor. So i wiped every part of the sensor possible. tissue and needle. it worked!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_lPq8gI0ALk0A
lvl.1

Singapore

Not sure if this has already been resolved, but I faced the same issue today with a Mavic 2. Without GPS, your limited to 5m max height. Not sure if this is relevant for a Spark, but overcame this by turning off the Downward Visual positioning system. Unfortunately without GPS and the downward visual positioning, the mavic was drifting all over the place, and you have no safety when you get to close to the ground, such as when landing.
1-9 01:15
Use props
djiuser_BnL61lhZwqaA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99744 ft
Canada

I just  experienced the same problem. I was inside the Toronto Reference Library and I couldn’t go over 4-5 meters inside without a GPS signal.. So frustrating. I’ll try to cover the downward vision sensor when I hopefully get another opportunity.
Any other advice?
9-10 05:05
Use props
djiuser_BnL61lhZwqaA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99744 ft
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-7 05:19
Page 47 of Spark manual:

[view_image]

Okay, this explains it. Thank you
9-10 05:07
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13660256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chito G. Reyes Posted at 2019-7-22 22:11

Read the thread from the top down - the answers are sitting there for you
9-10 07:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules