Inspire 2 h264 DLog now worse than Mavic DLog
2228 18 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Just finished grading some Mavic (Toy)  h264 DLog footage. Haven't used the Mavic Dlog for a long time as previously it wasn't as good as Art or DCine. Fair enough considering the size of the sensor. It's obviously been fixed as The Mavic footage is good. Grades well. No clipping. Takes a GC Falcon LUT & a reasonable amount of saturation. The I2 (Professional)  h264 DLog (EI), which is currently the only DLog profile availible on h264/MicroSD, is totally unusable. As I don't intend investing anymore in this system until we get some clarification from DJI as to what they're doing to address this issue I'm now forced into using the Mavic (Toy) for business, which is ridiculous. Please don't comment that DLog wasn't intended for, or never worked with MicroSD/h264 because firstly absoulutely  nothing in the DJI literature suggests that to produce useable footage there's a requirement to invest thousands in DJI Bespoke SSDs and Codec licences and secondly old DLog fixed at 500 ISO was perfectly useable. Also "Why don't you use DCinelike?"....  I Upgraded from the Toy to the Professional  to be able to use a stable robust DLog that would accept any LUT I chose to throw at it. So ... Whoever at DJI maintains the Mavic Profiles please can they get up, wander across the corridor and take a look at what the guys who design the I2 CineCore Profiles are up to and explain to them how to fix this.
2018-1-7
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree! Dlog looks better on my Phantom 3 Pro then it does on my Inspire 2. Whats going on DJI?
2018-1-7
Use props
K64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310594 ft
France

After tryouts I've been able to get rid of the EI mode with H264 and D-log is now working fine in H264 (CINECORE 2.1 Firmware V01.01.0300).

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !
Now I'm in Normal mode with every old looks and the D-log which is working properly in H264. Furthermore, it's not stuck at 500 ISO. I can't go back to EI mode without a SSD but frankly I don't care... ;-)
Sure 8 bits is low for D-Log, but it works, so now I have the choice.
2018-1-7
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

Is there a problem with H.265 too? Or just H.264?
2018-1-7
Use props
K64
lvl.2
France

Well, I tried D-log in H265 and it worked fine.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

K64 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:37
After tryouts I've been able to get rid of the EI mode with H264 and D-log is now working fine in H264 (CINECORE 2.1 Firmware V01.01.0300).

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !

I tried that. Thought maybe there's a sensor in the SSD loading bay. It didn't work for me. Can I ask what tablet OS you're using? Hopefully DJI are monitoring the forums and will pick up on the fact that it worked on your I2.
2018-1-7
Use props
K64
lvl.2
France

Sorry to hear that ! It's weird
My Inspire Firmware is V01.01.0300 and DJI Go is  4.1.22 on iPad mini 2 IOS 11.2.1
Actually, the firmware should lock EI mode when no SSD card is present, that's all. I hope DJI will react quickly, it is supposed to be a professionnal tool...
2018-1-7
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-7 06:48
I tried that. Thought maybe there's a sensor in the SSD loading bay. It didn't work for me. Can I ask what tablet OS you're using? Hopefully DJI are monitoring the forums and will pick up on the fact that it worked on your I2.

I didn't have any luck either. I'm using the iPad Pro 10"
2018-1-7
Use props
K64
lvl.2
France

Are your versions exactly the same as mine ? (firmware, IOS, DJI GO)
2018-1-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

K64 Posted at 2018-1-7 07:11
Are your versions exactly the same as mine ? (firmware, IOS, DJI GO)

Hi. My Firmware and IOS are all latest release. (Ipad Mini) The I2 Etc. is in the office so can't check numbers. That's interesting you say that EI should lock when no SSD is present. That would make complete sense. Both EI modes - DLog & REC709 do not work with h264/MicroSD so maybe should not be available when an SSD is not onboard. When you say "Lock" Do you mean not selectable? Also is this something you've read elsewhere?
2018-1-7
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I was able to solve the problem by deleting the app and reinstalling it. I have tried this before and it didn't work but for what ever reason, it did this time.

Tom,
2018-1-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-1-8 00:09
Ok, I was able to solve the problem by deleting the app and reinstalling it. I have tried this before and it didn't work but for what ever reason, it did this time.

Tom,

Thanks Tom. I'll try that. Like you, I've reinstalled the app, and also reformatted the ipad as new several times with no success but I'll give it a go. Can I ask, did you remove the plastic SSD cover as K64's post?
2018-1-8
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-8 01:00
Thanks Tom. I'll try that. Like you, I've reinstalled the app, and also reformatted the ipad as new several times with no success but I'll give it a go. Can I ask, did you remove the plastic SSD cover as K64's post?

I did have it removed but I’m sure that was noir the problem. There is no sensor there that I can see but, it was removed when I deleted the app and reinstalled it.

Regards,
Tom
2018-1-8
Use props
K64
lvl.2
France

Sorry to hear that it does not work for you. I'm probably wrong thinking the SSD cover was the solution to the problem. I checked from my side and you're right, I can't see any switch in the SSD port...
So, I thought another thing I've done the other day while trying to get rid of the EI mode. I switched the Inspire ON without SD card and then I inserted the SD card while the Inspire was powered ON. Have you tried that ?
Here are two screenshots of my actual video settings, as you can see it works for me.

Image.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg
2018-1-8
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I cant see d-log at all in the colour select, only Normal and D- Cinelike... I have reinstalled the app twice now.. also not seeing it like the xreengrab above where it is named 'sd/liveview looks'
2018-1-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bingo.  I've now got my I2 to display like K64's screenshot. He's(?) correct in suggesting its an issue with the MicroSD being on board when the I2 is booting.  Here's what I did. (1)  I took out the MicroSD card and tried to reboot. The screen was still incorrect. (2) Shut everything down.  Delete Go4 app. Reboot Ipad. Reinstall Go4 App. Reboot I2 Without MicroSD on board. Fire up Go4 and the screen is as K64 screenshot. Then insert MicroSD. DLog/Art/Blue Etc Etc are now available and SSD is greyed out and nothing on the left hand side of the options is selectable. DLog looks good. Camera was attached throughout & I also removed the SSD plastic cover in case this was a factor (I don't think it is). Therefore I would suggest that that EI options should never be available if only a MicroSD card is on board. EI DLog is much more complex and data hungry than MicroSD DLog and the issues with regard to image quality being terrible is because the I2 was recording EI DLog onto MicroSD , Which it cannot handle.
2018-1-9
Use props
K64
lvl.2
France

Great ! So I guess It's probably more a SD card boot trouble than a SSD port cover trouble ! Good news anyway. And as you said, DLog H264 videos are fine that way.
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hoping to keep this topic live to get an acknowledgment at least from DJI that it is an issue that they're working on. Just grading some more Mavic DLog footage and it is definitely better than the X5s on the I2.
This is not with the X5s New EI Dlog, but with the DLog that appears on the list including Art, Blue, DCinelike Etc.   So the situation remains the same for me until DJI do something about it. The Mavic Pro produces better footage than the Inspire 2.
2018-1-13
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-13 09:36
Hoping to keep this topic live to get an acknowledgment at least from DJI that it is an issue that they're working on. Just grading some more Mavic DLog footage and it is definitely better than the X5s on the I2.
This is not with the X5s New EI Dlog, but with the DLog that appears on the list including Art, Blue, DCinelike Etc.   So the situation remains the same for me until DJI do something about it. The Mavic Pro produces better footage than the Inspire 2.

I am with you, I need to know that Dji are looking to fix this, I can't even select dlog..
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules