Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile - Blinking Yellow Light issue
416471 416471 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

Hey everyone,

I just bought an Osmo Mobile on 12 December 2017, and it was working fine all the way till 31 December 2017, and until recently, I tried using it again but I'm encountering this blinking yellow light on the right-side System Indicator when it's powered up.

However, there is a slight diagonal tilt, and I'm not able to control it anymore. I've never dropped it, or squashed it, as it's always well protected in my backpack.

I found a video online with a very similar problem to mine:

Can anyone here kindly help me with this please?

I've tried many ways to troubleshoot it but I'm not sure how to send it back also, and where to (as I am from Singapore and there doesn't seem to be a repair centre here).
I'm going for another trip soon, and will be needed this for my work.

Thank you,
Hobbes

2018-1-7
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

to add, at times it now makes a clicking sound that seems a bit weird.
2018-1-7
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-7 08:50
to add, at times it now makes a clicking sound that seems a bit weird.

can any DJI staff please help me out here? also, what is the exchange policy?

hoping to look for a replacement, and even better still, if it does qualify for a replacement, what are the chances we cold top up a little more for the osmo mobile 2, which gizmodo says there's much less problems?
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hobbs, sorry to read on your post.
Please try to connect to Osmo Mobile Bluetooth, then disable ''Mobile device detect'' in gimbal settings to see if it works.
Or please try another mobile device to do a brief troubleshooting.
Please keep me updated if the problem persists. Thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 01:22
Hi Hobbs, sorry to read on your post.
Please try to connect to Osmo Mobile Bluetooth, then disable ''Mobile device detect'' in gimbal settings to see if it works.
Or please try another mobile device to do a brief troubleshooting.

Hi Mindy,

Thank you so much for responding to me! Appreciate it.

Can I check where is the "mobile device detect" settings in Settings>Gimbal? I can only see "Fast Configuration" (Slow/Medium/Fast), "Calibrate" (Calibrate Horizon/Auto Calibration), "General (Joystick Control Detection and Reset Gimbal)? I''m using the Android OS with Samsung S8+, and I also recently double checked it's the latest firmware for my Osmo Mobile.

I've tried with my friend's phone but it doesn't work as well.

2018-1-8
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-8 04:38
Hi Mindy,

Also, I've tried all the settings possible... calibration, etc.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-8 04:38
Hi Mindy,

For Android device, please find it here. GTScreenshot_20180109_145442.png
2018-1-8
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 22:55
For Android device, please find it here.[view_image]

thanks for sharing this.

it works for a while, like green light as per normal for a few seconds, then i realised there is a series of slight vibration of the motors, and then it's back to the blinking yellow light again...

any other workarounds?
2018-1-9
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. Can someone help with the fix please?
2018-1-9
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There is something wrong with the gimbal...
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-9 06:34
thanks for sharing this.

it works for a while, like green light as per normal for a few seconds, then i realised there is a series of slight vibration of the motors, and then it's back to the blinking yellow light again...

Hobbes, sorry to know the issue persists, I'm afraid the device will need to be sent in for evaluation, please email to support@dji.com to start a ticket, they will guide you to send in, thank you.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-9 19:53

Pria, sorry to know that, did you try my post above? Is the gimbal balanced well before powering on?
2018-1-10
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

I have sent my device in to the DJI repair store in California. Pretty sure the rotors stopped working for some reason..
2018-1-10
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

Exactly the same issue as shown on the video
2018-1-10
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-10 01:29
Hobbes, sorry to know the issue persists, I'm afraid the device will need to be sent in for evaluation, please email to  to start a ticket, they will guide you to send in, thank you.

thanks so much Mindy for your assistance in this. appreciate it. will be reaching out to them
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-11 04:29
thanks so much Mindy for your assistance in this. appreciate it. will be reaching out to them

OK, if you need any assistance during repair process, please post the case number here, we will do our best to assist, hope everything goes smoothly.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-10 21:20
I have sent my device in to the DJI repair store in California. Pretty sure the rotors stopped working for some reason..

You may post the case number here, I will help to check the status, thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-11 06:41
You may post the cas number here, I will help to check the status, thanks.

Thank you so much!
This is my case number - CAS-1379313-C3C5R6
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-12 12:18
Thank you so much!
This is my case number - CAS-1379313-C3C5R6

It seems the package just arrived in facility, it usually takes 1.5 business days to check-in the package in our system, I will keep following up the case.
2018-1-16
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 02:06
It seems the package just arrived in facility, it usually takes 1.5 business days to check-in the package in our system, I will keep following up the case.

Ah you are the best!
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-17 13:48
Ah you are the best!

Thank you for the kind comment, the package has been checked-in our system, it is waiting for the replacement approval by our manager, once it is shipped out, you will get the email notification, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-19
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-19 02:10
Thank you for the kind comment, the package has been checked-in our system, it is waiting for the replacement approval by our manager, once it is shipped out, you will get the email notification, appreciate your patience.

Is there any way to expedite the process, please? I am travelling on Feb 6th and I would like to receive it before then.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-19 07:42
Is there any way to expedite the process, please? I am travelling on Feb 6th and I would like to receive it before then.

Sure, I will inform the local team to expedite the replacement process. Hope you will get it back before your vacation.
2018-1-22
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 01:08
Sure, I will inform the local team to expedite the replacement process. Hope you will get it back before your vacation.

Thank you!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, the package has been shipped out, you should have received the tracking number, hope you will get it soon.
2018-1-24
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 04:05
You are welcome, the package has been shipped out, you should have received the tracking number, hope you will get it soon.

I got a call but the mail I received they are replacing only two contents as below:

but I sent the whole package including power cable, battery, osmo bag :

Are they not shipping all that I sent?

2018-1-25
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

They probably will send all items back... I send in my Mavic Pro some time ago, DJI replaced the MP and I got it back with my own controller, battery and other stuff I send with it.
2018-1-25
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

@Pria, yours is getting a replacement? wow.   

mine's getting a repair though, not a replacement.

hopefully this works out for me, else i might have to consider Osmo Mobile 2 badly! (or other brands )
2018-1-25
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-25 16:20
@Pria, yours is getting a replacement? wow.   

mine's getting a repair though, not a replacement.

that's what they told me over the brief call I got. Cant be sure until I receive it. Abt OsmoMobile2,  I feel you bro :/
2018-1-26
Use props
Pria
lvl.2
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-25 10:36
They probably will send all items back... I send in my Mavic Pro some time ago, DJI replaced the MP and I got it back with my own controller, battery and other stuff I send with it.

thank you
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pria Posted at 2018-1-25 08:50
I got a call but the mail I received they are replacing only two contents as below:

[view_image]

Pria, I'm sorry for the late response, did you receive the package? Did you get everything that you sent in?
2018-2-3
Use props
fans9007b836
New
Australia

Pria Posted at 2018-1-9 19:53

I'm having the same problem too,

I am so over DJI, I have 3 devices from them and never ever buy from them again
2018-3-15
Use props
Remsta
lvl.1

Australia

Mari Posted at 2018-1-9 22:17
[view_image]

There is something wrong with the gimbal...

Hi Mari,

Im having the same issue also.
Mine has Yellow light blinking ...., which says, The gimbal is not functioning normally.

Can you please advise what's best to do?

Many thanks in advance.
2018-3-23
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

If after a reset the leds keeps blinking yellow I'm afraid you have to send it in to DJI...
2018-3-24
Use props
Remsta
lvl.1

Australia

Mari Posted at 2018-3-24 08:15
If after a reset the leds keeps blinking yellow I'm afraid you have to send it in to DJI...

Hey Mari thanks for your reply.

I’ve contacted them and waiting for them to get back to me.
Cheers
2018-3-25
Use props
fansc11b4732
New

Indonesia

Hi, I’m have same issue too. My dji mobile has yellow light blinking. Can you help me?
2018-4-16
Use props
Gary Paul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi.

I am having the same issue. The light blinks yellow, and the gimbal will not balance at all, it simply goes floppy.

I have a ticket open, but it is being dealt with very poorly - I am repeatedly being told to put the device in and try it again - I have had three or four emails simply repeating the same instruction. Please can this be esca;Arden to someone who will actually try to help instead of being obstructive as Herman is?

Ticket number 1206260.

Many thanks

Gary
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_qoexpc2aRBx6
lvl.1

Indonesia

Mine is osmo mobile 1st gen.
2 weeks ago I found the same problem (yellow blinks) but with notification: "failed to start gimbal, please check if the gimbal is leveled, if the mobile is mounted (mobile 1st gen), or if it is locked (with lock model). If the problem still existed please contact DJI support.

I have tried to use white card to manipulate the sensor but no luck.
With resetting the setting or uninstall the app not helping at all.
I search entire the google still the same.
Untill i try to press the button on Tilt motor.....
And the result.... Mine into the normal state again ☺.

You may try this way if you got yellow blinks led.
Hope yours will revive again
2018-11-10
Use props
fans3d60aedf
New

Canada

I have received osmo mobile 2 as a gift on October 2018. Now mine is doing the same thing as on video. I live on Toronto Canada. What should i do?
2018-12-7
Use props
Rand
New

Canada

I hadn't my DJI Osmo 2 since the summer and went to turn it on today.  When it turned on the gimbal went to engage and then failed and the yellow light started blinking - no phone on device.  However, when I went into the app on my phone and connected it to the gimbal, then placed it in the bracket, it seemed to work fine.  Not sure why it gave an error without the phone and worked with, but make sure you guys give it a shot.
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules