Firmware 1.2.1 caused handle to come off case
1960 14 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Under previous firmware I have crossed the atlantic twice as well as other domestic sectors. Now with new firmware I picked up case (lighter due to the bricked remote not being in it) and the handle pulled straight off. The weight of the recent firmware release must be too much for the case and the designers did not anticipate such bloatware.

Has anybody here had a problem and can suggest a fix. The broken piece is the plastic block that the screws attach to to clamp the handle.

2015-4-21
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

???????? Firmware doesn't cause anything to "gain weight". Not sure i understand.
2015-4-21
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

I understand....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... l-Set-/261788403700

or do what I did- zip ties through the screw holes in the case and over the shaft part of the handle
2015-4-21
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

kirk.pleasant Posted at 2015-4-22 06:28
I understand....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Inspire-1-Case-Accent-Parts-Full-Set-/261788403700

That is absolutely perfect. Thank you so much. I guess if they are selling them then people are buying them.
2015-4-21
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I missing something
2015-4-21
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

I had the same problem with the 1.2.1.0 firmware, only it wasn't the case. My Inspire 1 was so heavy after updating to 1.2.1.0 it wouldn't fly, could not get it off the ground.. I heard that the firmware was buggy so I tried vigorously shaking my Inspire 1 to get the bugs out and it worked!!! You should have seen the pile of bugs when I was done.

BTW: flies great now
2015-4-21
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL great thread to lighten things up
2015-4-21
Use props
Warrior1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141998 ft
United Kingdom

Wow....Serious sarcasm malfunction on this thread....Really people??
2015-4-21
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

doctrrf Posted at 2015-4-22 08:35
I had the same problem with the 1.2.1.0 firmware, only it wasn't the case. My Inspire 1 was so heavy ...

In my country you would get a ticket for littering a pile of bugs
2015-4-21
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am sorry if my use of satire has offended anyone. The handle came right off my case yesterday the eponymous pleasant member pointed me directly to the part that I needed to repair it. I have ordered the kit and I will have it tomorrow. Thus this forum has been enormous help, I had already bought the $220 Pelican case that I use to check the Inspire on aircraft and I did not really want another heavy inner case as well. So, sorry, but grateful thanks.

Oh, to be fair to DJI, my 64GB card was almost full.
2015-4-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

LMAO ... seriously ... some people needs to turn their sence of humor ON!!!
2015-4-22
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Great post!! A little levity goes a long way.  
2015-4-22
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

Well, recording 4K video takes a lot of space.  I would imagine that would get pretty heavy - especially on a 64Gb card.  Have you tried deleting large files on the memory card to lighten it?

2015-4-22
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is totally unrelated, but I too have updated the firmware and after a couple of successful flights, I proceeded to remove the MicroSD card from the camera by pressing in with my thumbnail.  

The card then hit me right in the face.

Now this never happened to me with any previous FW version, and after searching on this and another forum that I frequent, I cannot find any other information.  Has anyone else had such a problem?  Maybe there will be a fix in the next release of the IOS app.

Roastie
2015-4-22
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

Roastie Posted at 2015-4-23 02:56
This is totally unrelated, but I too have updated the firmware and after a couple of successful flig ...

I too noticed an issue after this firmware update. My SD card is prematurely ejecting itself. No thumb needed. This was one hell of an update...
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules