GPS tracker problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Hello,

The RF-V16 tracker I bought for my Phantom won't respond to my SMS commands anymore. It used to work, but now it simply won't answer to my commands. I've tried using the command "reset#'' but he doesn't respond to that neither.

So here's my question: I found a RST pad on the board of the tracker. If I short it, will it reset my tracker and maybe fix the problem?
2018-1-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Not sure it is the right forum for this Q, but ... without knowing anything of your tracker my thoughts.

It must have some SMS/Mobile subscription, can this need a renewal?
It must have a sim card, what happen if you mount that in a mobile? - can you get it active and text/SMS to the phone.
I would try removing the battery before trying any jumpers unless manual state otherwise.

Good Luck
2018-1-8
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-8 05:37
Not sure it is the right forum for this Q, but ... without knowing anything of your tracker my thoughts.

It must have some SMS/Mobile subscription, can this need a renewal?

It has a Pay As You Go SIM card, so there's no need for renewal as long as my account has money in it. The SIM card does works when I put on my phone. I can get it active and send SMS.

I'll try removing the battery but I doubt it will work. And indeed, the manual doesn't says anything about the RST pad.
Thank you for the help

2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-8 07:14
It has a Pay As You Go SIM card, so there's no need for renewal as long as my account has money in it. The SIM card does works when I put on my phone. I can get it active and send SMS.

I'll try removing the battery but I doubt it will work. And indeed, the manual doesn't says anything about the RST pad.

N.P. Hope you'll find a solution.

Was thinking when in the phone, can you the old SMS's, if so you're able to see if the ones that didn't work has been received but not processed/answered.
Also if the old messages is there, can the Sim be near full and need a clean up?
2018-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The RF-V16 uses 2G technology, and 2G is being phased out in many parts of the US, so maybe this is the reason it is not working.
2018-1-8
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-8 19:03
The RF-V16 uses 2G technology, and 2G is being phased out in many parts of the US, so maybe this is the reason it is not working.

You are right, 2G is rare nowadays. I used T-Mobile SIM cards which still offer 2G so that's not the problem. Thank you for your reply
2018-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-9 07:35
You are right, 2G is rare nowadays. I used T-Mobile SIM cards which still offer 2G so that's not the problem. Thank you for your reply

Many cell companies do not own any transmission equipment, but simply rent bandwidth from other suppliers. If those other suppliers decide to upgrade installations from 2G to higher, then the coverage may disappear.
2018-1-9
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-9 14:31
Many cell companies do not own any transmission equipment, but simply rent bandwidth from other suppliers. If those other suppliers decide to upgrade installations from 2G to higher, then the coverage may disappear.

Yea well T-Mobile officially said that their 2G coverage would be available till 2021
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules