911 13 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MZwtibH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115705 ft
United Kingdom

hi

I have used my mavic today for the first time it drained my i phone 6  flat meaning i had no phone i still had 30 % battery on the mavic yet my phone was dead
is this normal ...whats the piont in having two batterys for the mavic when I only get 20 minutes out of my phone ?
2018-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doesn’t sound normal. Which port are you using? Side or bottom. If you’re using the side port try using the bottom one. See if that helps.
2018-1-7
Use props
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you need a new phone battery to me. If you were an early adopter the the 6- it came out in 2014- The battery is technically 4yrs old give or take. I guess though it's easier to blame the Mavic for your phone issue.......It is new and such.
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can get four back-to-back flights with my iPhone 7+ using my MPP (over 1.5 hours in the air on one mobile charge) and six with the RC. You need a new mobile battery or mobile phone.
2018-1-7
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

With my 7+ more or less 20% battery for 3 flights
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also try turning off some of the background crap that you don't need along with Bluetooth
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_MZwtibH
lvl.1
United Kingdom

my phone works fine all day i can stream music via bluetooth wifi use the maps apps .. eat power as location services is in use , all the apps are closed down I used the side port to connect ..the charge i con appears for a second then disappears. I have also tried to use the bottom usb port connected to a known good cable.
2018-1-10
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

blue tooth kills battery fast - always ensure thats off. Maybe turn mobile data off and ensure also wifi is turned off - if yr phone is doing automatic updates of apps this will increase battery depletion speed. Also check out the recent apple reply to underperfoming older phones - this could be a contributing factor to your unique situation,   https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/
2018-1-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

As well as turning off your Wi-fi and Bluetooth, also reduce the screen brightness ... amazing how much this drains batteries. Something I do whenever I get a new phone is to turn the brightness to 50%.
2018-1-11
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Definitely phone battery.   To make matters worse, If you're using the side port on the RC for phone connection,  the RC will actually provide a supplemental charge for the the phone.  All the above recommendations are appropriate for safe flying regardless of phone battery - shut off background programs, turn off any RF-emitting services (i.e Bluetooth, WIFI, put phone in Airplane mode).  These steps will also help reduce disconnects.
2018-1-11
Use props
mickw01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

why would the phone show its charging via the side port then the charge icon disappears after one second  ? i was under the rc pads charges the phone via lighten cab when in use
2018-1-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which version of IOS are you on?  
2018-1-11
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4