Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Phone Bracket Frozen
993 6 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philbard
lvl.2
United States

The phone holder on my fairly new Osmo Mobile is frozen in the wide open position.  The knob won't turn and the brackets are also frozen in place.  Have tried in both on and off conditions.  Any suggestions?
2018-1-7
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Got it...  Removed and replaced the battery.  Why I wonder????
2018-1-7
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Phone-holder knob is mechanical, has nothing to do with electronics in my honest opinion... When opened to far,with a little pressure and then turning the knob it should work again or am I wrong?
2018-1-7
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-7 10:15
Phone-holder knob is mechanical, has nothing to do with electronics in my honest opinion... When opened to far,with a little pressure and then turning the knob it should work again or am I wrong?

I thought so too, and tried it multiple times but it didn't work.  I agree, it should only be mechanical. But removing the battery was definitely the fix, which is very curious...
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Philbard, just to verify, does the phone holder also work when you replace the battery? I agree with Mari, phone-holder knob is mechanical and it should have nothing to do with the battery, maybe just a coincidence.
Anyway, glad to know the issue got sorted out, please let us know if there is any further problem, thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 03:56
Philbard, just to verify, does the phone holder also work when you replace the battery? I agree with Mari, phone-holder knob is mechanical and it should have nothing to do with the battery, maybe just a coincidence.
Anyway, glad to know the issue got sorted out, please let us know if there is any further problem, thank you.

Mindy,

Thanks for the response. I only have one battery.  But when I pulled it out, then put it back in, the phone holder knob suddenly became operational. Maybe just coincidental, but no amount of jogging of the knob or the brackets had any effect prior to that. Strange....
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

philbard Posted at 2018-1-8 10:14
Mindy,

Thanks for the response. I only have one battery.  But when I pulled it out, then put it back in, the phone holder knob suddenly became operational. Maybe just coincidental, but no amount of jogging of the knob or the brackets had any effect prior to that. Strange....

OK, please let us know if the issue happens again.
Hope you have a great time with it.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules