Can I connect Crystalsky with RC usnig OTG cable?
2160 15 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jukov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38563 ft
Slovakia

After some not so pleasant experiences with wifi mobile-RC connection here in EU (included crash and a restart of the android phone during flight) I've started to think about buying 5 inches Crystalsky monitor for my Spark.

Can I connect Crystal sky with the remote controller using OTG cable and use 2.4 GHz for controller-drone communication??

Do I need to buy Controller mounting Bracket? https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... rc-mounting-bracket

Btw I don't get the description in the blue field. At the same moment, DJI says OTG cable is required and, on the other side, the function allowing connection "is coming soon"

Thanks for any advice
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

OTG is NOT support with CS and Spark:

2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LOL wrong image:

2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Slovakia

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-7 11:28
OTG is NOT support with CS and Spark:

[view_image]

and what is this Controller mounting Bracket about? https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... rc-mounting-bracket
2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Slovakia

btw nice bike
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jukov Posted at 2018-1-7 11:31
and what is this Controller mounting Bracket about? https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky-mavic-spark-rc-mounting-bracket

It's for the Mavic and the eventual release of OTG for the Spark.  Read the blue box
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LOL...thanks!  BTW I use that mount and its great
2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Slovakia

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-7 11:33
LOL...thanks!  BTW I use that mount and its great

thanks. I will have to wait for OTG support on Spark and will decide after that.
2018-1-7
Use props
briwy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you use anOTG cable (C type usb for the monitor) with the Mavic controller.
I also have a Spark and it has sometimes worked with the OTG cable on that as well. The wifi has to be turned off. Bit hit and miss though.
No you don't have to get the DJI mount. There are a few alternatives around on eBay but I made one up using a pice of carbon fibre board and velcro.  Works fine and takes up much less sapce that any other mount I've seen.

Hope this helps
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

briwy Posted at 2018-1-7 11:52
I also have a Spark and it has sometimes worked with the OTG cable on that as well. The wifi has to be turned off. Bit hit and miss though.
No you don't have to get the DJI mount. There are a few alternatives around on eBay but I made one up using a pice of carbon fibre board and velcro.  Works fine and takes up much less sapce that any other mount I've seen.[view_image]

Are you using the latest Go App?  and you're pic is showing a Mavic RC
2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Slovakia

briwy Posted at 2018-1-7 11:52
I also have a Spark and it has sometimes worked with the OTG cable on that as well. The wifi has to be turned off. Bit hit and miss though.
No you don't have to get the DJI mount. There are a few alternatives around on eBay but I made one up using a pice of carbon fibre board and velcro.  Works fine and takes up much less sapce that any other mount I've seen.[view_image]

thank you for inspiration
I will wait for official OTG support  I already have one sometimes working solution, my andorid phone
2018-1-7
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

I really don't understand why the code monkeys at DJI cant go back to V 4.1.15 of the app and start working on updates again without breaking the OTG interface....   It worked fine in older apps for ALL devices. *well at least modernish devices that knew what to do with an OTG accessory,
2018-1-7
Use props
jukov
lvl.2
Slovakia

Beejay81 Posted at 2018-1-7 12:48
I really don't understand why the code monkeys at DJI cant go back to V 4.1.15 of the app and start working on updates again without breaking the OTG interface....   It worked fine in older apps for ALL devices. *well at least modernish devices that knew what to do with an OTG accessory,

hja, it was a very stupid mistake, specially when you are flying Spark in EU.   

Maybe there was some marketing "forces" behind this decision, don't know. But it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

But it looks they ate going to solve it, so we have to wait and avoid the temptation of hacked versions.
2018-1-7
Use props
briwy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-7 11:53
Are you using the latest Go App?  and you're pic is showing a Mavic RC

Yes it is the Mavic controller as that is what I had handy but the Crystalsky does work OK with the Spark as I said.
Go app is 4.1.18 which is the latest on the Crystalsky. Got 4.1.22 on my phone and tablet but Crystalsky won't update to that.
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_VeQ7bFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Thailand

Beejay81 Posted at 2018-1-7 12:48
I really don't understand why the code monkeys at DJI cant go back to V 4.1.15 of the app and start working on updates again without breaking the OTG interface....   It worked fine in older apps for ALL devices. *well at least modernish devices that knew what to do with an OTG accessory,

They can do it yes it's not difficult. the otg problem is not a bug but they block it. Mavic can't sell so well making spark unstable is need to be done. As DJI try to inform they are working for otg support. Well let see in a long future. No need to hope for next update they are not going to support it yet
2018-1-10
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I think they want to make it working finally as it should be, not by reconnecting OTG each time you start system, until the micro USB port is broken inside RC
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules