Video hick-ups after updating CrystalSky 5,5" to 02.04.06.00 (P4P)
644 2 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfcacb787
lvl.3
Flight distance : 818340 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

I've been using a CrystalSky 5,5" for a while now in combination with a DJI P4P. Worked like a charm, also in very hot weather, no video hick-ups at all.

However after updating the CrystalSky to software version 02.04.06.00 I've run into trouble.

During my first flight after the software update I started noticing video hick-ups after about 10-15 minutes of flying, with an outside temperature of around 6ºC. The video issues became quite bad and at some point the CrystalSky crashed completely, the screen just froze and I had to return the drone by manually flying it back. The drone was not far away during this flight (100 m max) and there was no radio interference as I was out in on a field, so I don't think the video problems can be blamed on external causes.

The video problems with the CS550 remind me of the video hick-ups I used to have with my iPad Mini 4. I believe excessive heat production was the cause of this. As mentioned I didn't have any problems at all with the CrystalSky 5,5", but now it has turned into a useless piece of hardware.

Hopefully DJI fixes this issue soon.

2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, we are so sorry for the late response and hope the issue has got sorted out.
If not, have you tried the DJI Go APP instead of DI Go 4 with other aircraft? Will the image in DJI Go APP get lagged and frozen? Please try to reset CrystalSky into factory default to see if the issue persist. Thank you.
2018-1-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I get the same over heating with my CS, so far no app crashes though.

It has something definitely to do with DJI Go 4 4.1.18 overtaxing the cpu

DJI need to upgrade the CS firmware so that it bundles 4.1.22 instead
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules