Dead P4P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]Ok guys I need help again, this afternoon I went in to update my bird turn on my controller and then my bird could not get them to connect so I deleted DJI GO 4 App and reinstalled and no go, on my controller I have a kind of pink light, I've tried everything I know to do I can't get them to connect.
[size=14.666666984558105px]Can someone tell me how to go back to the last firmware that I had, thanks in advance, Chris Sr

2018-1-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Try using dji assistant to do a factory reset then reinstall firmware from there
2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I suggest that you just try a firmware refresh (both ends) and re-link them. Actually, jump to the re-link step and try that first anyway.

Controller: Attach your smart device to the controller, power on controller and start DJI GO 4 app (download the most recent too). Leave the P4P powered off. On the app's "device page" press the 3 line icon in the top right corner for at least 5 secs. You should then be presented with a firmware refresh screen - do it.

Craft: Update/refresh via the Assistant 2 app on your PC.

Re-linking:
1. Turn on both of the drone and RC
2. Press C1,C2,recording button and shutter button at the same time. When you hear "D-DD" from the RC, release these buttons and press right dial quickly. Then you will see the RC indicator turns blue.
3. Find the linking button on the drone (near SD card slot) and press it with toothpick or paperclip.
4. Once connected, both controller and craft LEDs should go green.
2018-1-7
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

Tried everything to get them to connect but no luck, had to send them back the DJI for them to try there luck
2018-1-13
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5959009 ft
  • >>>
China

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-7 17:44
Hi. I suggest that you just try a firmware refresh (both ends) and re-link them. Actually, jump to the re-link step and try that first anyway.

Controller: Attach your smart device to the controller, power on controller and start DJI GO 4 app (download the most recent too). Leave the P4P powered off. On the app's "device page" press the 3 line icon in the top right corner for at least 5 secs. You should then be presented with a firmware refresh screen - do it.

This is a good method...
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

zhangqing Posted at 2018-1-14 23:27
This is a good method...

Hey, you appear to own every device in the DJI alphabet, so I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.
But my steps are based on successes from this forum and advice from the mods. This is a team effort.
2018-1-15
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
  • >>>
China

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-15 03:26
Hey, you appear to own every device in the DJI alphabet, so I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.
But my steps are based on successes from this forum and advice from the mods. This is a team effort.

haha, Thanks.    If you don't mind ,can we communicate with each other?
2018-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Punchbuggy,  Looks like you might have a direct link to DJI!
2018-1-15
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Did you check the cable? It might be the problem. Though I'm not sure.

Anyway, most cable ends are very small and slippy and the lightning connector ends are particularly difficult to grip meaning that it is very easy to pull the cable and break the solder joins to the small curcuit board in the connector. The DJI ones are not very well made. Broken cables make it quite hard to connect to drone RCs......

Sanding the smooth finish away so you can actually grip the damn thing and filling the inside of the connector with glue after you have resoldered the wires is a good solution.

Just ordered one of these. 1 foot (30cm) long and very robust, apparently.. Allegedly.......
strong cable

Hopefully it will be better.

2018-1-15
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-15 04:06
Punchbuggy,  Looks like you might have a direct link to DJI!

I wish I had a direct link
2018-1-15
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

zhangqing Posted at 2018-1-15 03:45
haha, Thanks.    If you don't mind ,can we communicate with each other?

Sure would love to talk with you
2018-1-15
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
United States

dorbot Posted at 2018-1-15 05:26
Did you check the cable? It might be the problem. Though I'm not sure.

Anyway, most cable ends are very small and slippy and the lightning connector ends are particularly difficult to grip meaning that it is very easy to pull the cable and break the solder joins to the small curcuit board in the connector. The DJI ones are not very well made. Broken cables make it quite hard to connect to drone RCs......

Yes I checked all my cables they are all in good shape
2018-1-15
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
  • >>>
China

duke123 Posted at 2018-1-15 06:15
Sure would love to talk with you

Ok ,that's all right.     Maybe my English is not so good,haha
2018-1-15
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-7 17:44

Controller: Attach your smart device to the controller, power on controller and start DJI GO 4 app (download the most recent too). Leave the P4P powered off. On the app's "device page" press the 3 line icon in the top right corner for at least 5 secs. You should then be presented with a firmware refresh screen - do it.

Punchbuggy!  The first half of your solution solved my problem!  Thank you!

For anyone having a similar problem, here’s what’s transpired for me (and btw, pressing down and holding the C1, C2, record buttons, etc, never worked for me).  I’m a newbie to drones, but an old dog to technology.

I received my new P4P Advanced 01/17/2018, I charged the RC & P4P battery and during activation, I’m prompted to update the P4P and RC firmware.

Somewhere during the installation, and after clicking the “Accept” button, I remember reading that the RC firmware should be updated before the P4P firmware.  The updates did not go in sequential order and after the updates, my P4P would not communicate with the RC.

The RC had a light-blue light constantly lite, and the aft lights on my P4P were flashing yellow.  So with both the RC and P4P on, I launched the DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone 6s Plus and on that welcome screen, I held down the menu icon that’s located in the upper right corner (3-lines icon) for 5 seconds.  Nothing will happen until you release your finger.

I released my finger, a menu dialog box opens prompting me to update the firmware.  The window also said “no current version found.”   *** Something screwy there DJI techs. ***

So I clicked “Update Software” and a during the update, the yellow aft lights on my P4P eventually stopped flashing and began blinking green, and then the light-blue light on the RC turned green as well.

After the update was complete, I was prompted to restart the device. I’m not sure if that meant to restart the RC or my iPhone 6s Plus, but not sure so I restarted both.

After I clicked the X close button, another dialog box pops up informing me that I don’t have the current version firmware installed and it prompted me to update the software.

This is where I screwed up the first time around, so I clicked “ignore.” Maybe I’ll try updating later but for now, I want to get some flight hours logged and play!

I turned on the RC, iPhone 6s Plus, P4P, and everything connected perfectly.  I even restarted everything a few times to make sure it kept connecting, and everything appears to be working perfectly.  I didn’t have to press the C1, C2, etc buttons either… the RC connected straight away to the P4P… green light on P4P too.

Anyhoot, thanks to Punchbuggy for the tip as it got my system going again.

All the best!

2018-1-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Frank Biganski Posted at 2018-1-17 05:46
Punchbuggy!  The first half of your solution solved my problem!  Thank you!

For anyone having a similar problem, here’s what’s transpired for me (and btw, pressing down and holding the C1, C2, record buttons, etc, never worked for me).  I’m a newbie to drones, but an old dog to technology.

Well done. Great to hear, Frank. Happy Flying.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules