2012 33 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first Mavic Platinum flew sideways and drifted, never staying still (and no it was NOT a calibration issue.. I've calibrated and calibrated and calibrated EVERYTHING 5 billion times!!!!!). I was sent a new replacement but the camera stopped working after 2 flights. My 3rd one does the EXACT same thing my first.. it flies crooked and drifts.  I own a Spark and have had a MPP that flew right. I know what a good flying drone feels like!!

It will be another 3 weeks for another replacement I'm sure. That will be a total of 9 weeks I've been without it .. and I've had it pre-ordered. They have literally had it longer than me. Unless someone knows a secret trick that me and their support doesn't know about.

Still waiting for DJI to make it right with me.. I won't hold my breath though.. I know they won't.

Grrr!!!!!! Sooo frustrated.. I kinda hate DJI right now!!!!

2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man...talk about bad luck.  Hope all goes well in the end.
2018-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow 4. Hopes it works out for you.
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The trick is to buy it in person from a store mate so if anything is wrong with it you can drive straight back and replace it on the spot or get your money back. Number 4 beats my record though!
2018-1-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey - thats really bad luck - try to keep your patience, it will be severley tested (chinese new year soon - seems to be a huge holiday for them so if you are not sorted before then then yo should expect to have to wait till they get back from holiday - i hope that it will work out well for you when your new drone arrives.
2018-1-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-7 12:46
Man...talk about bad luck.  Hope all goes well in the end.

Thanks!! Love the drone.. just wish I could get a working one
2018-1-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 13:22
The trick is to buy it in person from a store mate so if anything is wrong with it you can drive straight back and replace it on the spot or get your money back. Number 4 beats my record though!

If I could have I would have. This was pre-ordered from DJI.
2018-1-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-7 13:33
hey - thats really bad luck - try to keep your patience, it will be severley tested (chinese new year soon - seems to be a huge holiday for them so if you are not sorted before then then yo should expect to have to wait till they get back from holiday - i hope that it will work out well for you when your new drone arrives.

Couldn't be much more worse than waiting through Christmas and New Years only to miss ALL of the videos and pics you wanted to take..
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-7 14:39
If I could have I would have. This was pre-ordered from DJI.

Oh yeah, its the platinum. Fingers crossed for you.
2018-1-7
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Hope you get this sorted.
2018-1-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-7 14:40
Couldn't be much more worse than waiting through Christmas and New Years only to miss ALL of the videos and pics you wanted to take..

True - also i caused the problem myself - in yr circumstances i would be pulling my hair out
2018-1-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Have you sent the drone in now? If you haven't, please make sure that the drone is flying in a place with fine GPS signal, also make sure that the IMU is calibrated on the flat surface, the propellers are all in good condition, if the same thing persists, please kindly send it back again and provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it. And could you please provide me with the previous case numbers to me? Thank you so much.
2018-1-8
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 04:10
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Have you sent the drone in now? If you haven't, please make sure that the drone is flying in a place with fine GPS signal, also make sure that the IMU is calibrated on the flat surface, the propellers are all in good condition, if the same thing persists, please kindly send it back again and provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it. And could you please provide me with the previous case numbers to me? Thank you so much.

My first two case numbers are:

CAS-1319730-H7W5C1

CAS-1224622-G0G1Q8

The next one will be this morning when I can spend the time on support, again.
2018-1-8
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 04:10
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Have you sent the drone in now? If you haven't, please make sure that the drone is flying in a place with fine GPS signal, also make sure that the IMU is calibrated on the flat surface, the propellers are all in good condition, if the same thing persists, please kindly send it back again and provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it. And could you please provide me with the previous case numbers to me? Thank you so much.

I have a 3rd case number coming. It was confirmed sensor failure. I nearly lost it and crashed it on the test flight. Whew.. never been more worried or scared with my drone.

I will say this. For as much bad rap as the Tech Supports sometimes get.. they have been nothing but good to me. I hate waiting for the drone to be shipped and repaired.. but that's not DJI or the tech.. that's mostly the mail. I'm going to have to give the support people I talked to high marks.

I guess they are figuring out some way to make it right with me so I have a little extra wait here.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-8 13:16
I have a 3rd case number coming. It was confirmed sensor failure. I nearly lost it and crashed it on the test flight. Whew.. never been more worried or scared with my drone.

I will say this. For as much bad rap as the Tech Supports sometimes get.. they have been nothing but good to me. I hate waiting for the drone to be shipped and repaired.. but that's not DJI or the tech.. that's mostly the mail. I'm going to have to give the support people I talked to high marks.

Got your case number and noted with thanks. I am really sorry for your unpleasant experience, and please kindly send the drone back again, I will forward the case to the manager as well, they will also help to do the best to get all things settled. Appreciate your patience.
2018-1-8
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 20:37
Got your case number and noted with thanks. I am really sorry for your unpleasant experience, and please kindly send the drone back again, I will forward the case to the manager as well, they will also help to do the best to get all things settled. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you! Here is the 3rd case number. Just got it today.. was supposed to be yesterday but they never sent it out.. soo I had to sit on support AGAIN today.

This person didn't make me feel like DJI was going to do anything to make it up to me.. not holding my breath on that one. It would be nice at some point to get an actual working drone though lol.. I mean it's only $1400.00 bucks right?

CAS-1394175-W8N2Y6
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-9 11:45
Thank you! Here is the 3rd case number. Just got it today.. was supposed to be yesterday but they never sent it out.. soo I had to sit on support AGAIN today.

This person didn't make me feel like DJI was going to do anything to make it up to me.. not holding my breath on that one. It would be nice at some point to get an actual working drone though lol.. I mean it's only $1400.00 bucks right?

Matthew, we fully understand your frustration and we apologize again for the unfortunate experience with repair center, please send in the drone at your earliest convenience, local repair team will take care of it for you, we will do our best to make your experience with us better, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-9
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 23:09
Matthew, we fully understand your frustration and we apologize again for the unfortunate experience with repair center, please send in the drone at your earliest convenience, local repair team will take care of it for you, we will do our best to make your experience with us better, thanks for your patience.

Yeah ..sent it back in today.. this means it will literally be 12 weeks without my drone since November.

It would be nice if they gave me a credit in the store or something .. all the times I've had to box it up now.... I've invested a LOT of time just in preparing and mailing let alone being on tech support.

Anyways.. thank you.. I appreciate anything you guys are willing to do. I've been a loyal and good customer.. was even thinking about an Inspire.. but this has been a bad hiccup in my experience.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-10 10:42
Yeah ..sent it back in today.. this means it will literally be 12 weeks without my drone since November.

It would be nice if they gave me a credit in the store or something .. all the times I've had to box it up now.... I've invested a LOT of time just in preparing and mailing let alone being on tech support.

Thanks for your quick response and cooperation. You can track the case status in the following link: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Hope you can get your drone back soon.
2018-1-11
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 00:22
Thanks for your quick response and cooperation. You can track the case status in the following link: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace. Hope you can get your drone back soon.

The link you sent me is 2 lines of Chinese writing

and it's weird.. the first 2 times sending it back in I had an active case number online.. this time I don't.
2018-1-11
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 00:22
Thanks for your quick response and cooperation. You can track the case status in the following link: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace. Hope you can get your drone back soon.

And if by soon you mean another 3 weeks gone. Yeah I hope it doesn't take 1 minute longer than it should. 3 months for defective drone after defective drone is a bit trying on one's patience not to mention the amount of time with support, packing it up, and shipping it out.

I really hope DJI makes it right .. but I'm starting to have my doubts.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-11 10:39
And if by soon you mean another 3 weeks gone. Yeah I hope it doesn't take 1 minute longer than it should. 3 months for defective drone after defective drone is a bit trying on one's patience not to mention the amount of time with support, packing it up, and shipping it out.

I really hope DJI makes it right .. but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Matthew, I have forwarded your frustration to local team to repair your drone as soon as possible when it arrives.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the repair quality, we will have someone to contact you soon to see if there is any compensation can be provided, appreciate your patience, hope your experience with us would be better.
2018-1-11
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-11 21:35
Matthew, I have forwarded your frustration to local team to repair your drone as soon as possible when it arrives.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the repair quality, we will have someone to contact you soon to see if there is any compensation can be provided, appreciate your patience, hope your experience with us would be  better.

WOw! thank you!!! I appreciate that a lot!!
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-11 05:14
The link you sent me is 2 lines of Chinese writing

and it's weird.. the first 2 times sending it back in I had an active case number online.. this time I don't.

Sorry that the link went wrong. Please check it again and I believe our support will take a good care of your drone.
2018-1-16
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-16 02:33
Sorry that the link went wrong. Please check it again and I believe our support will take a good care of your drone.

Well.. the drone says it arrived but I don't see on my case number that you received it. That doesn't make me feel good.

CAS-1394175-W8N2Y6
1ze80e409096607563

I don't know if you can track it down. I really hope it's not lost.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-16 16:17
Well.. the drone says it arrived but I don't see on my case number that you received it. That doesn't make me feel good.

CAS-1394175-W8N2Y6

Hi Matthew, we usually need 1.5 business days to check-in the package into our website, please kindly wait for a moment.
2018-1-16
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 19:30
Hi Matthew, we usually need 1.5 business days to check-in the package into our website, please kindly wait for a moment.

It was another defective. So far this will be 12 weeks+ since receiving pre-ordering and getting it Nov. 5th. I missed ALL of the holiday shots I was hoping to get too. It doesn't sound like DJI is going to do anything to make it right with me. Just send me a 4th one. I guess maybe it doesn't mean much to DJI but it has been nothing but problematic and to be quite honest and frank depressing for me to box it up and that many times.  There are other DJI products I am hesitating to buy because of this situation

I do have a question though. Has all of this eaten into my warranty? If so that's like 3 months off my warranty that is entirely 100% your fault. I would hope new drone=new warranty. Can you clarify for that for me please.

Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive .. I'm sure you can understand.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-19 02:29
It was another defective. So far this will be 12 weeks+ since receiving pre-ordering and getting it Nov. 5th. I missed ALL of the holiday shots I was hoping to get too. It doesn't sound like DJI is going to do anything to make it right with me. Just send me a 4th one. I guess maybe it doesn't mean much to DJI but it has been nothing but problematic and to be quite honest and frank depressing for me to box it up and that many times.  There are other DJI products I am hesitating to buy because of this situation

I do have a question though. Has all of this eaten into my warranty? If so that's like 3 months off my warranty that is entirely 100% your fault. I would hope new drone=new warranty. Can you clarify for that for me please.

I understand your concern, but the warranty can not be refreshed according to DJI's policy. Sincerely sorry about this. The local team is taking care of your case and will keep you updated as well.
2018-1-19
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 20:55
I understand your concern, but the warranty can not be refreshed according to DJI's policy. Sincerely sorry about this. The local team is taking care of your case and will keep you updated as well.

Wow talk about being royally screwed over.
2018-1-20
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So question here. What if I never get a working drone by the time the warranty expires? I mean that's the direction we seem to be headed here. I think it's a fair question.
2018-1-22
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-22 16:13
So question here. What if I never get a working drone by the time the warranty expires? I mean that's the direction we seem to be headed here. I think it's a fair question.

I guess nobody wants to answer this one

Sorry but you can't blame me for feeling down about this whole experience.
2018-1-23
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

At least other people got expedited shipping. Can't help but feel let down. Sorry DJI
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-24 11:45
At least other people got expedited shipping. Can't help but feel let down. Sorry DJI

Matthew, I just checked the case and found the package has been shipped. I'll PM you the tracking number later. Wish you receive it soon.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules