Battery DOA with new P4A
511 7 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rikardo67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Canada

I am 100% sure this is a repeat tnread and I am not the only one.

I ordered a P4A on Dec 16, 2017 and received it on Jan 5. I also ordered another DJI matching battery from another vendor. The drone itself was in pristine condition yet the factory installed battery was completely dead. No lights. No camera. No action. I tried everything to get it back but to no avail.

So I charged the spare battery and viola!!! All is good. I activated my drone and proceeded with firmware updates. All went well. No issues at all. Inside my house,  I hovered it for a few minutes and all is well. DJI GO 4 VERSION X.15 and all matching firmware produced a successful first, albeit, very short flight. It is minus 15C here so no outdoor exercises.

I entered a ticket with the DJI depot in BC Canada and am waiting for a reply. All I can say is that being the battery is DOA on a brand new, just activated drone, the battery should be replaced without question. Asking to provide photos of the drone turned on - with a dead battey - is lunacy lol.

Anyway, I certainly hope the moderator will see my plight (flight? Lol) and say a battery replacement is on the way.

FYI: this is my very first drone ($2000 CAD) and my new hobby. I hope my experience with flying and DJI wil be good up here in the Yukon.

PS: Mosquitoes here a bigger than Phantoms ;)
2018-1-7
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Seems you have had a very unfortunate and rare experience. But with all forms of electronics these things can slip past quality control.
Dji should replace the battery but may require you to send in the dead one first
2018-1-7
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

By the way welcome to the forum and to a great new hobby.
I hope you have much better experiences from here on in
2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-1-7 17:31
Seems you have had a very unfortunate and rare experience. But with all forms of electronics these things can slip past quality control.
Dji should replace the battery but may require you to send in the dead one first

Sadly Hellsgate, a DOA battery coming with the craft is not all that rare - it happened to me with my original P4 also, and I've read of others. Two other batteries which came separately were fine. Perhaps the batteries don't like being stored inside the craft?

DJI do have a DOA policy (within 15 days, I recall), so you should have the whole kit swapped out via whoever you bought it from. I had to send everything back, but fortunately the turnaround was only a couple of weeks.
2018-1-7
Use props
rikardo67
lvl.4
Canada

The drone I purchased came out of New York. Returning it for a complete exchange I am not sure of. Likely 8 weeks minimum. The cost of return shipping and again returning to me would far exceed the cost of buying another battery from the vendor I pruchased the spare battery from.

I am geographically diagonally opposite across North America between New York and the Yukon. DOA's from any manufacturer should be covered regardless. This hobby is expensive and I would imagine a brand new device issue/problem would be covered. Imagine buying your dream Corvette with a dead motor? Same idea, different price. Not a  pleasant beginning.

I agree with Punchbuggy (do ou own a Beetle?). Perhaps batteries shipped with should be in the case  but not installed? Would this preclude DOA batteries?

I will see where this leads.

It is my pleasurs to join the forum and thanks to all.

Does anyone know there really is a HellsGate in BC's Frazer Canyon? What a view!!!

2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi rikardo, we are very sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, if your dealer refuses to replace the battery, I recommend to contact our support for further assistance, but like Hellsgate mentioned, the dead one will need to be sent in firstly.
Hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-1-7
Use props
rikardo67
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-7 19:25
Hi rikardo, we are very sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, if your dealer refuses to replace the battery, I recommend to contact our support for further assistance, but like Hellsgate mentioned, the dead one will need to be sent in firstly.
Hope the issue will get sorted out soon.

Hello DJI Mindy,

I submitted a claim and then with a trip to Vancouver a few days later, I took my battery into the one warranty depot. The battery was replaced without any trouble. I just had to wait for the replacement to come by mail. It arrived on Friday.

Some ideas were submitted from me to DJI as improvements. One was to not ship the battery in the device rather in the case. The other was to have the flight simulator available without starting the drone.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and support.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rikardo67@yahoo Posted at 2018-1-28 10:01
Hello DJI Mindy,

I submitted a claim and then with a trip to Vancouver a few days later, I took my battery into the one warranty depot. The battery was replaced without any trouble. I just had to wait for the replacement to come by mail. It arrived on Friday.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will forward to related team to keep improving our product and customer service to make you have a better experience with us.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules