973 7 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Fellow Spark enthusiasts....

Here are two vids of my last good flight of the season on 12/5/17, when the weather was cold, but at least reasonable.  Here in Chicago I think we have had 10 days in a row of weather below 20 degrees farenheit, which is a tad chilly.  ;-)

Both of these were shot on my Spark at Montrose Beach/harbor in Chicago.  

The first one, I got lucky when a motorcyle enthusiast was practicing his skills in the empty parking lot.  I didn't even see him until Sparky was in the air.  This gave me a chance to try a bit of active tracking.

The second one is just a compilation of footage from the same day.  I still have a lot to practice and learn, from flying to editing.  I tried to get most of the rough movements out, but I didn't get all of them.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

2018-1-7
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Nice effort Todd.  Some twitches i guess comes from the wind effect. And finally  it lands on the pad.
2018-1-7
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-1-7 22:21
Nice effort Todd.  Some twitches i guess comes from the wind effect. And finally  it lands on the pad.

Thx Rimza....

I look forward to getting more practice in the spring!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-8
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Hello Todd, thank you very much for sharing these beautiful videos! And too funny to see the motorcycle driver running behind trying to chase it. Very lucky shot!
2018-1-8
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

thanks for all of that! brings back a lot of good memories of hanging out at the Corinthian "yacht club" when i was a North Sider, sailing out of Montrose  - the motorcycle shenanigans were cool and funny (chasing the downed bike!!) here's hoping for more good flying weather soon - cheers!
2018-1-8
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Fantastic, taken shots from different corners keeps it fascinating (1st video)!
2018-1-8
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Thx folks!  It's hard for me to edit things down, and that second video still ended up at over 4 mins...lol.  But I JUST LOVE FLYING my Spark and re-watching all my memories.  I need to learn how to fly in a more cinematic fashion and edit to set a mood or tell a story.

I guess I'll just have to fly a ton more and practice and learn!  ;-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-8
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced