How to change file name?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

So if you have more than one Phantom 4 Drone what is the best way to change the File name DJI to something else ,otherwise when dowloading onto a computer/laptop it will overwrite the old files from the other drone wouldn't it ???
2018-1-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Only if you put the files in the same directory/folder. Why not put the files in different folders? If you really want to rename the files to something else, then a batch command/file can do it very easily, provided you are on a PC:

ren DJI*.* JOE*.*

will change all files starting with DJI to ones with the same number but prefixed by JOE instead of DJI.
2018-1-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You could copy your image files to a separate folder for each day of flying.
Put the date &/or subject in the folder name and put all your downloaded folders in two big folders of drone downloads.
One for drone 1 and one for drone 2
Easier than changing hundreds of file names and easy to search through.
2018-1-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would name the two P4s in your head, such as P4OLDER/P4NEWER or JACK/JILL, etc.

When you finish the flight, rename the video by name and date such as JACK010818AM or JILL010818AM.  You could even add the hour or whatever you want.  Then copy to a HDD or other reliable device.  

With Windows, the F2 key is handy for renaming.  

2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-7 21:48
Only if you put the files in the same directory/folder. Why not put the files in different folders? If you really want to rename the files to something else, then a batch command/file can do it very easily, provided you are on a PC:

ren DJI*.* JOE*.*

Thank you for your info it is what I was looking for
2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-8 05:25
I would name the two P4s in your head, such as P4OLDER/P4NEWER or JACK/JILL, etc.

When you finish the flight, rename the video by name and date such as JACK010818AM or JILL010818AM.  You could even add the hour or whatever you want.  Then copy to a HDD or other reliable device.  

Thank You
2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-8 05:25

Thank You
2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-7 23:35
You could copy your image files to a separate folder for each day of flying.
Put the date &/or subject in the folder name and put all your downloaded folders in two big folders of drone downloads.
Pne for drone 1 and one for drone 2

Thank You
2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-7 21:48
Only if you put the files in the same directory/folder. Why not put the files in different folders? If you really want to rename the files to something else, then a batch command/file can do it very easily, provided you are on a PC:

ren DJI*.* JOE*.*

Thx I want to keep my old files from my P4 and then have all the new ones from the P4A entered under a new name. So when I take the sd card out of the drone and put it in my Laptop how do I get it to load the files under a new name not DJI? Sorry I am a bit dumb!
2018-2-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2018-2-9 17:08
Thx I want to keep my old files from my P4 and then have all the new ones from the P4A entered under a new name. So when I take the sd card out of the drone and put it in my Laptop how do I get it to load the files under a new name not DJI? Sorry I am a bit dumb!

Changing all the file names is too messy and too much work.
Leave the file names and simply change the names of the folders to indicate the date and what's in the folder.
Have one big directory and put separate folders in that for each flight.
2018-2-9
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm with Labroides on this and his solution is easy. Also if you have an account at Airdata UAV you will find the flights assigned against your various craft.
2018-2-9
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Like this

2-8-19 Niagra Falls
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now