Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hand Gesture Mode Working For Anybody?
1821 13 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed with last update it doesn't track my palm side to side anymore. It tracks up and down though. If I roll back the update it works again.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are.. I'd kinda really like this to work!
2018-1-7
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Yes, it follows my hand left to right and down.  I reposition it with my hand when it has flown up and away from my palm landing offering.  I think I am putting my hand too close to the bottom sensors for it to see correctly.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please follow the following tips:
1. Do not wear dark clothes, or clothes may absorb infrared light. Fly the aircraft in open areas and windless conditions.
2. The Gesture mode may not perform well when the aircraft flies over surfaces without texture, in extremely bright surfaces, or in heavy winds.
3. Turn on “Enable Advanced Gesture Control” under Visual Navigation Settings and ensure that the aircraft is in Gesture mode.
2018-1-8
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-8 00:28
Hi, sir. Please follow the following tips:
1. Do not wear dark clothes, or clothes may absorb infrared light. Fly the aircraft in open areas and windless conditions.
2. The Gesture mode may not perform well when the aircraft flies over surfaces without texture, in extremely bright surfaces, or in heavy winds.

Ive done all this.. the ONLY thing that works for me is rolling back the firmware
2018-1-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as the lighting is ok,  and I’m wearing clothing that contrasts the background it seems to work for me.  Sunlight continues to be an issue, even when the sun is behind the quad.
2018-1-8
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-8 06:23
As long as the lighting is ok,  and I’m wearing clothing that contrasts the background it seems to work for me.  Sunlight continues to be an issue, even when the sun is behind the quad.

It just doesn't work for me with this last update. Like I said.. I roll it back and bingo.. all is good again.

I'm just DJI MUST know about this. I don't know how they couldn't with everybody complaining that it is soo finicky.

I won't hold my breath though.
2018-1-9
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I have stopped trying after several times having it hanging out of reach, totally unresponsive.
2018-1-9
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

It worked perfectly in all directions BEFORE the update. But, like you, left and right movements do not work AFTER the update. I used to show off gesture mode quite often, but I have stopped because it just doesn't respond like it used to.
2018-1-9
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I went out earlier today and tried Gesture mode. The Spark and batteries are running the latest updates.  My iPad is also running the latest version of the Go 4 app.  All as of Jan. 9th, 2018.
Palm launch and landing were perfect.  It took a couple of tries to get Palm control (left/right/up/down) to begin.  Once the Spark recognized me, I could use palm gestures to move the Spark left, right, up, and down.  Follow and Selfie gestures worked the first time, as did Beckon.
Conditions were slightly breezy today and it was getting close to sunset when I tested Gesture mode.  I wasn't sure if the fading light would skew the results of my quick test.  Doesn't appear that was the case.
Anyway, those are my admittedly quick test results.
2018-1-9
Use props
Strobing_NYC_Sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Worked perfect for me on latest firmware, Note 8, OTG, 4.1.15
Palm landing still scares the crap out of me but it worked fine.
2018-1-9
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236102 ft
United States

The entire thing is Meh now. Palm landing still works for me, nothing else wants to work in gesture mode though~ Needs a firmware patch.
2018-1-9
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Brambleman Posted at 2018-1-9 14:26
It worked perfectly in all directions BEFORE the update. But, like you, left and right movements do not work AFTER the update. I used to show off gesture mode quite often, but I have stopped because it just doesn't respond like it used to.

Yeah it made me look totally silly trying to show off how it works to some friends lol .. I just fly with the remote mostly but I do want that to work.. been many times I just want to shoot a quick pic and can't without getting out the remote and ipad
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-9 11:58
It just doesn't work for me with this last update. Like I said.. I roll it back and bingo.. all is good again.

I'm just DJI MUST know about this. I don't know how they couldn't with everybody complaining that it is soo finicky.

In this case, please provide a video about the whole process or you can upload it to the dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-12
Use props
fans9e8abd6d
New

United States

Having trouble getting the hand gesture mode to work at all.  It's been working for 3 months and now it doesn't.  I went through all the settings.  I have to be missing something, I don't think it would just stop working.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules