Phantom 3 Filters
16579 57 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys I haven't read the entire thread and know there is a filter pack available in the states but as yet not in the uk. I have fashioned a cpl filter for my phantom 3 out of a 3d printed lens cap and a cpl designed for the old gopro hero 3 by a company called hitech formatt https://www.formatt-hitech.com/e ... er-Systems~161.html I have had my kit for ages and found it hardly worth the effort on the hero 3 but it works brilliantly taped to the front of the cap and can be rotated to suit conditions and desired effect weighing in around 2g it doesnt have any impact on flight time either
2015-7-18
Use props
muha99.gmail
New

Maldives

I got my Filters from PhantomFilters.com today and did a test shoot with PL filter. I must say that I am very happy with PL filter specially for still photos , but if video you want without any PP , its very good.
2015-8-22
Use props
Muha
New

Maldives

Here is a Test video of Polarizer Filter from PhantomFilters.com
2015-8-22
Use props
Muha
New

Maldives

2015-9-5
Use props
Muha
New

Maldives

This is another video from Phantom 3 and go pro.
2015-9-5
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

blueboing101@li Posted at 2015-7-18 09:24
Hi guys I haven't read the entire thread and know there is a filter pack available in the states but ...

Have you tried the Taco RC website Taco RC. They do a set of 4 multi-coated ND filters which run around £56 with free delivery and they come in a rather nice protective zipped wallet. You can also get a set of uncoated ND filters which are cheaper. The quality is very good and they just screw onto the camera once the UV filter has been unscrewed. My order took around a week to be delivered
2015-9-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Muha Posted at 2015-8-22 14:42
Polarizer filter test from PhantomF ...

Nice job, how do you find the exposure while turning, changing the angle that is?
2015-9-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Muha Posted at 2015-8-22 14:42
Polarizer filter test from PhantomF ...

Nice job, how do you find the exposure while turning, changing the angle that is?
2015-9-6
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

I've got the filter set from phantomfilters.com (in Denmark, I believe) as well. I tried out one of them today. It seems to do the job nicely.
2015-9-14
Use props
Chuck Tjeltweed
New
United States

I can't seem to remove the UV filter from Phantom 3 Professional.
Does anyone have any tips?
2015-9-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Tjeltweed Posted at 2015-9-21 12:07
I can't seem to remove the UV filter from Phantom 3 Professional.
Does anyone have any tips?

Put a rubber band around the filter and give it a slight rocking motion while applying a light about of pressure. If you put to much pressure on the filter while turning it it will actually make it bind up. Just relax and go easy and put as many fingers from one hand over the front  of the filter and apply a slight pressure.

There are Filter Wrenches available that will solve your issue. However, I don't know if anyone makes one that small? Call or Live Chat with B&H Photo. If anyone has one they will.
2015-9-21
Use props
griff.evans47
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-21 21:40
There will be ND filters. 2/4/8/16 that will be available later.  The P3 comes equipped with a UV fi ...

What's the trick for getting the Factory Installed UV filter off? I've tried everything up to - and including - water pump pliers!  No luck.
2015-9-21
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Did you read the post directly above yours?

You can't put too much pressure on it (pliers or you could deform it and damage it. The you may never get it off.

Rubber band did it for me in about two seconds.
2015-9-21
Use props
griff.evans47
lvl.1

United States

Having been a commercal photographer in years past, I have struggled with more than of my share of filters. I think that this one has defeated me.
2015-9-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

griff.evans47 Posted at 2015-9-21 20:32
What's the trick for getting the Factory Installed UV filter off? I've tried everything up to - an ...

You probably have a huge problem now? Putting water pump pliers or anything that can and will exert a lot if pressure will distort the filter. The filter may now be oblong, not a perfect oval shape and at different points it now puts more pressure on the Lens Barrel. I don't know what to tell you now. The filter may be a permanent fixture at this point? A wide rubber band will usually do the trick.
2015-9-25
Use props
umphreak85
lvl.1

My P3 did not come with an original uv filter.  Is this normal?
2016-3-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

umphreak85 Posted at 2016-3-7 02:33

Which version? I have the Pro and it comes with the threaded lens barrel and UV Filter. Are there threads for a filter on your lens?
2016-3-7
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

umphreak85 Posted at 2016-3-7 15:33

If you have that 1/4" or so wide band and seam on the front of the camera then you've got it.  If that's not there and all you see is black with threads, then you need to go back to where you bought it and tell them it's missing..
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules