Spark Compass Error and Auto land out of control
2258 45 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

Well, that flight was an example of what not to do when flying a spark.  
2018-1-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-8 16:05
I don't like the idea of hitting the RTH button.  He got there in Sport mode.  RTH would return at a slow speed that might be impeded by winds resulting in even slower ground speed.  Better to turn it around and manually fly home in Sport mode at a faster speed.

I think Sport mode makes for more efficient flight and will save the batteries for a given distance traveled.  I know the helicopters' rotor disks gain lift as they get faster airflow over them.  Hovering costs the most energy.

I second that information
cos I did have the same situation when i was 1.5 Kilometers away and I knew I couldn't return home with the RTH speed. So I switched  to manual SPORTS Mode and there goes SPARK with its daring speed  attitude buzzing through the sea  to reach my home point at the beach side with just 4 % battery life remaining.
2018-1-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Actually the best flight distance for a SPARK should not be more than 1.5 kilometer and that too must be in VLOS range. This has been tested by me successfully with the SPARK returning home location with only 5% battery left. However not all pilots can do such an event without having their heart rate above normal ) !
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HGV2EA3NCSPSDZOEYPC6/
2018-1-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Spark is just good for flying within 250 m for 10 min. Any further distance or time get other drone.
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_HlDuFi9
lvl.1

Canada

I flew mine numerous times over 3000m,always come home. The I do not recommend this
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_l4ooIqL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Spark... yes, you did make some mistakes but I don't think you deserve to be accused of using "hacked" software by some ignorant folks on this forum who don't live in Australia but presume to know how Spark operates here. I regularly fly up to 2000 m distance on offical app, latest firmware, no OTG with iPad on wifi. I am surrounded by kilometres of open farmland, the only damage I am likely to do is if my Spark drops out of the sky (or flyaway) and falls on a sheep (which we have a lot of and can be replaced).
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules