Apple Alpine Mavic Pro
964 7 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have seen an alpine mavic pro on ebay brand new for £850 but I thought the only place you can get them from is an apple store or dji themselves. Does this sound a bit dodgy to you?
2018-1-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Lots of people buy them from other people.  For eBay, check the seller's rating.  Those with good ratings are VERY protective of that rating and will bend over backwards to make sure you're happy and that you don't have anything bad to say about them (and reduce that rating they've worked so hard for).  If the rating is high, you're probably OK buying from that person.
2018-1-8
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yeah they have a very good rating but I was reading about problems with the gimble and blurry lens on the mavic and it got me worried, what if 10 months down the line the camera goes blurry in the corner or the gimble starts playing up. its a lot of money so I suppose its best to go through a big retailer for peace of mind.

whatever happens I am getting one of these quads in the next week wahooooo
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steeevo Posted at 2018-1-8 09:34
Yeah they have a very good rating but I was reading about problems with the gimble and blurry lens on the mavic and it got me worried, what if 10 months down the line the camera goes blurry in the corner or the gimble starts playing up. its a lot of money so I suppose its best to go through a big retailer for peace of mind.

TBH - you could fly to Hong Kong and buy a £20K Inspire 2 X7 cinema pro combo in person from their flagship store and there is no guarantee it will not have a malfunction in 10 months time. The key is to ensure that if you buy privately that the drone is still covered by the manufacturers warranty, is legit and, as stated earlier, is from a trusted seller. I don't buy anything from Ebay unless the seller has a five star rating.
2018-1-8
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So if anything happens to the drone within the year i contact dji not the seller?
2018-1-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Steeevo Posted at 2018-1-8 09:34

From what I've seen, if it is good when new, it stays good.  Mine is nice and sharp, full frame, after a year.
2018-1-8
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thats good to hear. Could I add the dji care package even if I haven't bought it from the dji store?
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Steeevo, as long as it is from the authorized dealer, it will be no problems.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules