123Next >
4995 87 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KAPOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 206138 ft
Vietnam

Personally on wifi 5.8Ghz iphone without enabling airplance mode, even Bluetooth is turned on.
However, with OTG 2.4Ghz, I am getting poor clarity feeds.. hmm...
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

seanie2322 Posted at 2018-1-10 02:37
Tom,
i picked up an OTG Cable on amazon the other day, this morning took it for a test flight. The difference is night and day! I Had no video lag, the image was very clear and i got the drone nearly a km away without any warning message for weak signal. Also the return to home landed it in near the exact same spot it took off from where as when i was on wifi it landed it about 8 metres away which wouldnt be ideal if you were flying this thing on the cliffs of moher or somewhere like that!

Hi again Seanie!
Can you just take a look at the replies on this thread from user 'S-e-ven'
He is saying that a phone doesn't need to be OTG compatible as the RC is the OTG compatible end of the link, as it were.
Can you describe to me the steps that you took to pair RC to android using OTG cable and then pairing that set up to the spark?
Also, can you send me the link to the OTG setup that you bought (I think the usb connectors/ends on your galaxy would be the same as my huawei??)
Thanks for your help!
Tom.
2018-1-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-11 00:39
Thank you very much for your help S.J
Do you mean airplane mode, doesn't that mean internet is off?
Thank you,

yes, internet must be switched off and also the SIM must be switched OFF in order for DJI to avoid using the SIM to locate your area.
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

S.J Posted at 2018-1-11 03:13
yes, internet must be switched off and also the SIM must be switched OFF in order for DJI to avoid using the SIM to locate your area.

Thanks for that S.J...does switching to airplane mode "turn off2 the SIM and the internet??
2018-1-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-11 03:34
Thanks for that S.J...does switching to airplane mode "turn off2 the SIM and the internet??

yes it does provided you are not linked by wifi ovr the internet
2018-1-11
Use props
seanie2322
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2356873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-10 05:21
And can you see the flight data (remaining batery charge, speed, distance, height ....) when are you using the OTG cable ? The OTG itself never stopped working, but the last version that displayed the flight data is DJI GO 4 4.1.15 for android.

Hi
Yes i could view all flight data during the flight no problem
2018-1-11
Use props
seanie2322
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2356873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-11 01:14
Hi again Seanie!
Can you just take a look at the replies on this thread from user 'S-e-ven'
He is saying that a phone doesn't need to be OTG compatible as the RC is the OTG compatible end of the link, as it were.

Hi Tom
1) Turn on the Controller
2) Turn on the Spark
3) Connect the Micro usb of the OTG cable into the controller
4) Connect my galaxy s8 cable into the OTB USB port.

It connected right away. When i first tried to connect it i did not have the drone powered on and the RC did not connect with the phone. The above steps are what worked for me

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN- ... ds=ugreen+otg+cable

Thats the cable i used
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

seanie2322 Posted at 2018-1-11 05:13
Hi Tom
1) Turn on the Controller
2) Turn on the Spark

Seanie thanks so much for that!
I actually went searching in amazon since this morning and found that very cable and was going to send a link asking if that was the one you bought! I'll order it today!! Did it take long for it to get to you?
Look, if it doesn't work for me, it's not too much of a financial loss!
Tom

2018-1-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Power on the Rc, plug in the phone side of the cable to the phone, wait till the RC LED is steady red, plug in the cable to the RC, App starts
Usually the phone will ask you now, if the dji go4 app is the one to start always , when connected to the RC. Say ok to that.
Start the spark, let AC and RC pair and then the App should tell you "go fly"
2018-1-11
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-10 23:59
Hi Flighty,
That's cool...do you use an OTG cable with the iPad?
Tom.

Hi Tomireland,, yes I do use an OTG cable with my iPad..
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-11 09:28
Power on the Rc, plug in the phone side of the cable to the phone, wait till the RC LED is steady red, plug in the cable to the RC, App starts
Usually the phone will ask you now, if the dji go4 app is the one to start always , when connected to the RC. Say ok to that.

S-e-ven thank you for your help (and patience!)
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-11 09:28
Power on the Rc, plug in the phone side of the cable to the phone, wait till the RC LED is steady red, plug in the cable to the RC, App starts
Usually the phone will ask you now, if the dji go4 app is the one to start always , when connected to the RC. Say ok to that.

...and also, i ordered the same OTG cable as Seanie yesterday so watch this space!!!
2018-1-11
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Flighty Posted at 2018-1-11 10:56
Hi Tomireland,, yes I do use an OTG cable with my iPad..

Thank you very much flighty...I'll be trialing an OTG cable on Tuesday or Wednesday so hopefully it'll work for me!
2018-1-11
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Good luck  with the OTG,, It is a bit finicky to get set up.. but does work for me.
2018-1-12
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Flighty Posted at 2018-1-12 00:20
Good luck  with the OTG,, It is a bit finicky to get set up.. but does work for me.

Thank you flighty. I'll let you know how it goes!
2018-1-12
Use props
fans89986d3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18255 ft
United Kingdom

I've read this thread with a lot of interest - I'm looking to get a Spark and have an Android phone (S8+) so I've been a little wary of the Go app.
If I've read through the thread correctly, the app version 4.1.15 was the last version to support OTG with all the telemetry info on screen. Am I right? If so I'd feel a little more confident about getting a Spark and using that until DJI correct the issues with the app for Android. Thanks for any help offered.
2018-1-14
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

fans89986d3d Posted at 2018-1-14 07:21
I've read this thread with a lot of interest - I'm looking to get a Spark and have an Android phone (S8+) so I've been a little wary of the Go app.
If I've read through the thread correctly, the app version 4.1.15 was the last version to support OTG with all the telemetry info on screen. Am I right? If so I'd feel a little more confident about getting a Spark and using that until DJI correct the issues with the app for Android. Thanks for any help offered.

Hi fans89986d3d,
Please see posts from Seanie on this thread.
He uses the s 8 in conjunction with an OTG cable and is getting great results, way better than he was getting with just the s 8 on it's own.
Have a read above.
Thanks,
Tom.
2018-1-15
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi Seanie, S-e-ven, Flighty and everyone else!
I got my ugreen OTG cable yesterday from amazon and I'm having a little trouble with it.
Please see attached the 2 screenshots that i took and note what the app is showing in the top right corner.
In one, no display of battery level of drone, no satellites linked. In the other, no satellites linked.
I tried to fly and it started to rise without me inputing, so i had to grab it for fear of a fly-away
Has anyone any ideas of what i may be doing wrong? Maybe OTG just won't work with my Huawei P9 Lite??
Thanks Guys!

2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Also, as a follow up to the above post, my phone is charging from my RC via the OTG and USB cable...
2018-1-16
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256 ft
South Africa

Hi Tom, I am using app 4.1.15 with OTG on my Hauwei P9, all the telemetry shows up. I have not noticed that the phone is charging from the RC, I'll check next time I fire up.
2018-1-16
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-16 01:58
Hi Seanie, S-e-ven, Flighty and everyone else!
I got my ugreen OTG cable yesterday from amazon and I'm having a little trouble with it.
Please see attached the 2 screenshots that i took and note what the app is showing in the top right corner.

You need to downgrade DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.15. Newer versions don't show the essential flight data. Also make sure the remote and Spark are fully started up before using the OTG cable. Ideally wait till they link with each other (the green light on the RC), and then plug your OTG cable into the RC and  then connect your phone. You should get a message whether you want to use the connected device with the DJI GO 4 App.
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-16 03:28
Hi Tom, I am using app 4.1.15 with OTG on my Hauwei P9, all the telemetry shows up. I have not noticed that the phone is charging from the RC, I'll check next time I fire up.

Thank you very much RobG007!
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-16 03:28
Hi Tom, I am using app 4.1.15 with OTG on my Hauwei P9, all the telemetry shows up. I have not noticed that the phone is charging from the RC, I'll check next time I fire up.

Thank you very much RobG007!
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-16 04:34
You need to downgrade DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.15. Newer versions don't show the essential flight data. Also make sure the remote and Spark are fully started up before using the OTG cable. Ideally wait till they link with each other (the green light on the RC), and then plug your OTG cable into the RC and  then connect your phone. You should get a message whether you want to use the connected device with the DJI GO 4 App.

Thank you very much Vyborny83!
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-16 04:34
You need to downgrade DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.15. Newer versions don't show the essential flight data. Also make sure the remote and Spark are fully started up before using the OTG cable. Ideally wait till they link with each other (the green light on the RC), and then plug your OTG cable into the RC and  then connect your phone. You should get a message whether you want to use the connected device with the DJI GO 4 App.

Hi Vyborny! I've downgraded successfully but am no where near my drone so that'll have to wait til later!!
Question: I now have a pic of a phantom 4 drone on the start screen of my app, and not a spark?! Is that normal? Is there another step that i need to take to make app ok to use for spark?
Thanks for all your help man!!
Tom
2018-1-16
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-16 05:43
Hi Vyborny! I've downgraded successfully but am no where near my drone so that'll have to wait til later!!
Question: I now have a pic of a phantom 4 drone on the start screen of my app, and not a spark?! Is that normal? Is there another step that i need to take to make app ok to use for spark?
Thanks for all your help man!!

The app is the same for many drones from DJI. It should change when you log in and connect the spark I guess. It's quite some time since I did that .
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-16 06:05
The app is the same for many drones from DJI. It should change when you log in and connect the spark I guess. It's quite some time since I did that .

I'll let you know how it goes Vyborny! Thanks!
2018-1-16
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi again Vyborny, Seanie, Flighty, RobG007, Wachtberger etc.!!
OK, so I tried pairing the RC and Huawei P9 Lite having downgraded my GO 4 app to version 4.1.15 last night.
The problem i have now is that my AC and RC no longer seem to be recognising each other!? The interface on 4.1.15 doesn't have the same simple pairing option that was found on the most recent version of the app that i previously had, and i can't pair them.
Should i put the most recent version back on and get them properly paired again??
I've literally tried every permutation to try pair the RC and AC but nothing has worked.
Could i put the most recent app version on to my phone without deleting 4.1.15, or can i only have one version on my phone at a time??
I really need to get them paired properly again.
All and any help on this subject would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Tom.
2018-1-16
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi Tom, I didn't have that issue, I take it that you have tried the multi button press on the RC? Maybe try resetting the AC with a 9 sec / 3 beep power button press first?
2018-1-17
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-17 01:44
Hi Tom, I didn't have that issue, I take it that you have tried the multi button press on the RC? Maybe try resetting the AC with a 9 sec / 3 beep power button press first?

Thanks Rob...I've tried both of those steps too unfortunately
2018-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-17 02:53
Thanks Rob...I've tried both of those steps too unfortunately

Reset (sry) the Spark, set it into pairing mode
set the RC, without any connection to the phone, in pairing mode
If it doesnt pair, reflash the firmware with dji assistant
If it paires, switch off the bird and RC, on the phone and the RC, connect phone to outlet side of the OTG cabel, when RC LED  steady red connect phone to RC, app starts
Start bird and tell us, what is going on
Maybe downgrade the firmware of the bird (.701 works fine for me)
2018-1-17
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-17 03:35
Rest the Spark, set it into pairing mode
set the RC, without any connection to the phone, in pairing mode
If it doesnt pair, reflash the firmware with dji assistant

Rest the Spark, set it into pairing mode- do you mean turn it on and press the button for the 1,2 and 3 beeps??
set the RC, without any connection to the phone, in pairing mode- do you mean press the 3 buttons together??
If it doesnt pair, reflash the firmware with dji assistant- will assistant recognise what it is that i want to do? Is there a menu on assistant where i can select 'reflash'?
If it paires, switch off the bird and RC, on the phone and the RC, connect phone to outlet side of the OTG cable- do you mean the end of a regular usb charging lead, or the small end of the OTG cable?, when RC LED  steady red connect phone to RC, app starts
Start bird and tell us, what is going on
Maybe downgrade the firmware of the bird (.701 works fine for me)- can apkpure be used on the laptop to downgrade to .701 or is there another way to downgrade??

Sorry about all of these questions here S-e-ven!!! Thanks for your help!
Tom.
2018-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

(Assistant 2 will offer you   .900, .800, .701, .600, as options, methinks

The OTG cabel has ONE side, which is the host/giver (RC), one, which gets to the USB on the go (PHONE, in this case!)

On a standard cabel it would be the micro for the Rc, the normal size side for the cable to the phone

Don't know what cable you have. But if it is 2 side micro B to micro B, you need to check on it.

2018-1-17
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-17 07:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw

Thanks for all of this S-e-ven.
Yes that's exactly like my OTG cable.
I will attempt to get it all sorted again tonight...went to the cinema last night so no time for drones unfortunately!
2018-1-17
Use props
Ben Sale
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any update TomIreland? I'm anxious to know!
2018-1-20
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Ben Sale Posted at 2018-1-20 10:28
Any update TomIreland? I'm anxious to know!

Hi BenSale!
Sorry for the delay! I got the cable and downgraded to a previous version of go4. I attempted to link my huawei P9 lite to the rc with it by following the steps that the guys outlined above but i just couldn't get it to work. I then had to upgrade to the most recent version of go4 again to try and get everything linked up as they were before i tried using the OTG cable as they wouldn't communicate for me at all after i tried the OTG cable. So basically I'm currently stuck with approx 50m height and 150m range...not ideal, but maybe I'll try something else some other time. Are you having issues??
Thanks,
Tom.
2018-1-22
Use props
Ben Sale
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Tom
At the moment I don't have a Spark, but I'm hoping to get one very soon (depending on what DJI announce tomorrow!) but the Android issue has always made me wary. I've been reading your posts with interest to see how you get on. Thanks for posting your results
2018-1-22
Use props
Ben Sale
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hope you're able to get better results soon.
2018-1-22
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
South Africa

Just an update with my Huawei P9 with OTG (on 4.1.15), I did notice that my phone showed the charging screen when I plugged in the cable from the RC. I did not check after the Go app loaded. It did not appear to affect the battery life of the RC?

With regards range, I had quite a few disconnects between AC and RC at about 100m!! Not great. I am considering using the modded app?!?!
2018-1-22
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-22 04:54
Just an update with my Huawei P9 with OTG (on 4.1.15), I did notice that my phone showed the charging screen when I plugged in the cable from the RC. I did not check after the Go app loaded. It did not appear to affect the battery life of the RC?

With regards range, I had quite a few disconnects between AC and RC at about 100m!! Not great. I am considering using the modded app?!?!

I'm starting to think that a modded app might be the way forward RobG007...I'd prefer not to though...
2018-1-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules