5010 87 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

Ben Sale Posted at 2018-1-22 02:47
Hi Tom
At the moment I don't have a Spark, but I'm hoping to get one very soon (depending on what DJI announce tomorrow!) but the Android issue has always made me wary. I've been reading your posts with interest to see how you get on. Thanks for posting your results

Hi Ben Sale!
See Seanie's messages earlier in the thread...he appears to be getting great results from a samsung s8 and OTG cable...maybe it all depends on the type of android phone, the location where one is flying etc...
I'll keep the thread posted...
2018-1-23
Use props
seanie2322
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2356873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-23 02:05
Hi Ben Sale!
See Seanie's messages earlier in the thread...he appears to be getting great results from a samsung s8 and OTG cable...maybe it all depends on the type of android phone, the location where one is flying etc...
I'll keep the thread posted...

Quick update here Tom while in Iceland on the last day the phone stopped displaying the telemetry data like altitude and battery level and on top of the screen it just says ready to go while flying rather than in flight GPS. Now the drone still flies perfect and RTH feature works fine. I tested it with my girlfriends ipad mini 2 through the WiFi and it works perfect with good range.
So I am looking into purchasing an ipad mini 2 or 3 to use. It's a pity dji disabled otg functionality
2018-1-23
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

seanie2322 Posted at 2018-1-23 02:59
Quick update here Tom while in Iceland on the last day the phone stopped displaying the telemetry data like altitude and battery level and on top of the screen it just says ready to go while flying rather than in flight GPS. Now the drone still flies perfect and RTH feature works fine. I tested it with my girlfriends ipad mini 2 through the WiFi and it works perfect with good range.
So I am looking into purchasing an ipad mini 2 or 3 to use. It's a pity dji disabled otg functionality

I'd imagine it's a little disconcerting when you aren't getting all the info that you'd like to have when flying.
So OTG works with your older version of Go4 but would cease if you updated?
An iPad mini 2 or 3 might be the way to go...are you thinking secondhand??
Thanks man,
Tom.
2018-1-23
Use props
seanie2322
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2356873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-23 03:19
I'd imagine it's a little disconcerting when you aren't getting all the info that you'd like to have when flying.
So OTG works with your older version of Go4 but would cease if you updated?
An iPad mini 2 or 3 might be the way to go...are you thinking secondhand??

Yes it works with previous versions of go4 which you can downgrade to. I picked up a second hand ipad mini 3 on eBay for 250 euro so they are an option and by the looks of what I've read online ios devices seem to have less connectivity issues than android for some reason
2018-1-23
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256 ft
South Africa

TomIreland Posted at 2018-1-23 02:03
I'm starting to think that a modded app might be the way forward RobG007...I'd prefer not to though...

Tom, I should be able to do some testing over the weekend, I'll keep you posted.
2018-1-23
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

seanie2322 Posted at 2018-1-23 11:18
Yes it works with previous versions of go4 which you can downgrade to. I picked up a second hand ipad mini 3 on eBay for 250 euro so they are an option and by the looks of what I've read online ios devices seem to have less connectivity issues than android for some reason

Thanks for that Seanie!
2018-1-23
Use props
TomIreland
lvl.2
Ireland

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-23 22:00
Tom, I should be able to do some testing over the weekend, I'll keep you posted.

Thank you very much Rob!
2018-1-23
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256 ft
South Africa

Hi Tom, sent you a PM
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now