1163 10 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G Davidson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Mains of Logie on the River North Esk, Angus, Scotland
Click on the image below to see the roundme version where you can drag the view to look anywhere above and below. The mouse scroll wheel lets you zoom in and out too.

Mains of Logie - small

Mains of Logie - small

https://roundme.com/tour/231661/view/659496/
2018-1-8
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Aamazing shot !!
2018-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That turned out great too!
2018-1-8
Use props
Bracco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice shot(s)
2018-1-8
Use props
G Davidson
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2018-1-9
Use props
G Davidson
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you Bracco
2018-1-9
Use props
gustavoaguiar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1363419 ft
Brazil

Hi Captain! I follow your great work! Very nice.
I wonder if you could help me. I tried to send you a private message and find an email, but I couldn't. Can I ask from here?

Well, here it goes! I am using Microsoft ICE to stitch my 360 photos, but after that I have to export to Photoshop and enlarge it's height in order to fill the empty space, then I have to change the metadata from the image file to Facebook and roundme.com undestand it's a 360 photo.

Do you know if I am doing something wrong in ICE or it is what it is. I wish I could fill the sky in it, but it doesn't me allow to change the height as I do in Photoshop.

It's tough to find a free software that does it well.

Thanks in advance!

2018-1-9
Use props
G Davidson
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gustavoaguiar Posted at 2018-1-9 07:29
Hi Captain! I follow your great work! Very nice.
I wonder if you could help me. I tried to send you a private message and find an email, but I couldn't. Can I ask from here?

Glad you like my work!

I'm not a fan of ICE myself but I'm no expert on it either! I found that it did not give me any control over stitching quality or any apparent way to correct stitching errors - but I could be wrong!

It sounds like you are making the best of what ICE can give you. I use a separate panorama of the sky taken before/after the flight (with a DSLR and fisheye lens)  to help with filling in the sky and I blend that onto the lower panorama for realism.

It's a lot of work!

Have you tried taking a separate panorama of the sky and blending that onto the lower drone part of the panorama in Photoshop? Really important for 360s is to make the image an exact 2:1 ratio e.g. 10000 by 5000 pixels.

I hope that gives you some ideas.
2018-1-9
Use props
gustavoaguiar
lvl.2
Brazil

G Davidson Posted at 2018-1-9 09:16
Glad you like my work!

I'm not a fan of ICE myself but I'm no expert on it either! I found that it did not give me any control over stitching quality or any apparent way to correct stitching errors - but I could be wrong!

Thank you very much for the ideas given. So, would you mind to share with me which tools do you use?

By the way, besides roundsme.com, do you use other channels like Facebook or Instagram to share your work? It would be good to follow you there.

Thanks,
Gustavo
2018-1-9
Use props
G Davidson
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gustavoaguiar Posted at 2018-1-9 09:43
Thank you very much for the ideas given. So, would you mind to share with me which tools do you use?

By the way, besides roundsme.com, do you use other channels like Facebook or Instagram to share your work? It would be good to follow you there.

You're very welcome!

I use Kolor Autopano Giga 4.4 for stitching, Kolor Panotour for checking the quality of the end result (this is overkill but I had it anyway...) and Photoshop CS6.

The learning curve for Autopano can be quite steep but they do have demo versions you can try. I find it quite memory and CPU hungry and I'm using a Dual Xeon Workstation with 48GB of RAM.

Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook or Instagram but I put most of my work on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdavidson/

My Flickr stuff goes back to 2006 so is rather an odd mix of things as my photographic interests changed!
2018-1-9
Use props
gustavoaguiar
lvl.2
Brazil

G Davidson Posted at 2018-1-9 10:28
You're very welcome!

I use Kolor Autopano Giga 4.4 for stitching, Kolor Panotour for checking the quality of the end result (this is overkill but I had it anyway...) and Photoshop CS6.

Thank you!
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules