Camera company GoPro stops the production of drones.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Camera company GoPro stops the production of drones. Also, more than 250 employees of the company lose their jobs.  That is what GoPro reports when it announces its provisional quarterly results.  GoPro sells drones through, among other things, its Karma brand. The company announces that it will leave the market once the current stock has been sold.  Closing is also associated with the closing of the drone division. GoPro plans to reduce its global workforce to less than a thousand employees. At the end of September the company had 1,254 employees.  GoPro states that the drone market is "extremely competitive" and that new regulations for drones within Europe and the United States have led to a "hostile" climate. The company promises to continue the support to current Karma owners.     Karma is GoProCNBC's first drone, GoPro would also have used the American bank JPMorgan Chase to investigate a possible sale of the company. GoPro director Nick Woodman said that he is open to an acquisition or collaboration.
2018-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is too bad.
A little competition is always good.
2018-1-8
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

That gopro drone was ugly as f**k. My mavic looks so badass, gives me excitement everytime I fly it, just because it looks good.
2018-1-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Karma drone was garbage anyway. I agree a little competition never hurts.
2018-1-8
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Feel bad for the ones who lost their jobs. Perhaps they can work for DJI?
2018-1-8
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Not sorry at all. GoPro bricked my Hero3+ camera with an 'upgrade' which meant it would no longer operate with a dji H3-3D gimbal and they refused to roll back the software.
It was on the Pro Systems forum that dji Thor took the time to help me get filming again

Regards * Hex *
2018-1-8
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

The problem was the Karma didn't give competition due to lack of quality and the fact that it was basically a Spark with a Mavic price tag (yes, I know it's not exactly like the Spark feature-wise, but it was nowhere close to the specs of the Mavic.)
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules