o(^-^)o
iSeeMoya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127274 ft
Philippines

DJI Go 4 version:  4.1.18
Device: Iphone 6
OS. IOS 11.2.1

I was doing a dronie and after i initiated GO spark is flying backwards as expected then it began hoverring eratically then crashed into the sand.  

Flight Log Here.

Thanks!
2018-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Right at the end of your log it shows you lowering aircraft by controller , when you say it crashed Int the sand, what altitude was it at?
2018-1-8
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

i see the spark was flying backwards at a constant speed and IMU and VPS altitude decrees as time go . All i see spark was flying backwards on a dune or a steep coastal beach and hit the sand at the end.
Sorry  
Or not... the quickshot has ended , aircraft is returning but the distance kept incresing .

2018-1-8
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-8 13:25
Right at the end of your log it shows you lowering aircraft by controller , when you say it crashed Int the sand, what altitude was it at?

I don't see that.. at the end it looks like he was not making any inputs with the sticks.. all reading the same value 1024.
2018-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LouisP Posted at 2018-1-8 14:11
I don't see that.. at the end it looks like he was not making any inputs with the sticks.. all reading the same value 1024.

623 seconds 100% full throttle down , right at the end of log.
2018-1-8
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-8 14:18
623 seconds 100% full throttle down , right at the end of log.

OH.. I see now.. I was looking at RCElevator not RCThrottle... Just trying to learn to understand these logs..  Still.. he was inputting UP right up until .5 seconds before the end...   I think the thing here is why it never gained altitude to start off with..  if he was doing a 'dronie' shot it looks like it never got more than a few feet off the ground according to the vision sensors.
2018-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LouisP Posted at 2018-1-8 15:20
OH.. I see now.. I was looking at RCElevator not RCThrottle... Just trying to learn to understand these logs..  Still.. he was inputting UP right up until .5 seconds before the end...   I think the thing here is why it never gained altitude to start off with..  if he was doing a 'dronie' shot it looks like it never got more than a few feet off the ground according to the vision sensors.

The problem could be that drone was rising but so was ground underneath drone, so in other words it was going up hill . It’s just a theory can’t make out from the picture.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, is the drone damaged? I would recommend you refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav  
2018-1-8
Use props
iSeeMoya
lvl.2
Philippines

Szwedu Posted at 2018-1-8 13:40
i see the spark was flying backwards at a constant speed and IMU and VPS altitude decrees as time go . All i see spark was flying backwards on a dune or a steep coastal beach and hit the sand at the end.
Sorry  
Or not... the quickshot has ended , aircraft is returning but the distance kept incresing .

I was trying to stop the propellers from running, because it hit the ground already, the absence of CSC to stop the motors is a bummer.

2018-1-17
Use props
iSeeMoya
lvl.2
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-8 15:33
The problem could be that drone was rising but so was ground underneath drone, so in other words it was going up hill . It’s just a theory can’t make out from the picture.

I was in a much higher place, the beach area slopes downward.  What i noticed is that the spark did not seem to go up significantly as with my previous dronies.
2018-1-17
Use props
iSeeMoya
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-8 23:46
Sorry for the crash, is the drone damaged? I would recommend you refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

No damage to the drone, fell on soft sand (a few feet from water).  I fell propellers underneath so no damage at all and no sand.  I guess i am lucky.  I flew it after a couple of times after and all is good.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules