Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The worst lag ever and green screen
12Next >
4126 76 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_70RWObL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45059 ft

United Kingdom

I cannot believe it im getting the worst camera lag that ive ever seen on a drone, my Inspire 1 pro with x5 either jumps like mad or produces a screen that is half green and loads so slowly that its impossible to video anything properly. Today was the worst its ever been i run an ipad mini 2. Today it took off with full picture but by the time it got to about 4 meters I have about a half inch of visible picture and the rest of the screen is either black or green it eventually loads for about a second the goes back to the half an inch of screen again. its running IOS 11.2.2, i have airplane mode on when i fly. I only started doing this because i read it on a forum to try to stop the the lagging.......please help......i used to have a phantom 4 and it was faultless it would run to full distance without a single glitch ever iseem to have had nothing but trouble with this inspire 1 pro
2018-1-8
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Your I-pad mini 2 is no longer fast enough to run the DJI app. Each time the app upgrades, it becomes more memory/processor hungry until it no longer runs on the older devices. Time to upgrade your device I'm afraid.

Mark G.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Agree with Mark, mobile device with strong decoding ability is recommended, have you tried other mobile device?
2018-1-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-8 14:50
Your I-pad mini 2 is no longer fast enough to run the DJI app. Each time the app upgrades, it becomes more memory/processor hungry until it no longer runs on the older devices. Time to upgrade your device I'm afraid.

Mark G.

You must work for apple !  In all your post you say to get and Apple I pad pro !1 you must have stock in the company .

I have my eye on you

( this is a joke  that Mark Knows  about for those lurkers )

Apple donnie !! LOL
2018-1-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Upgrade the Go app device to the fastest processor you can afford.  I use an I pad Pro with the A-10 processor and get perfect video . Get one with a A-8 processor at  mimimum  for good results.

I do NOT work for apple by the way ....( inside joke )

donnie
2018-1-9
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-9 04:55
Upgrade the Go app device to the fastest processor you can afford.  I use an I pad Pro with the A-10 processor and get perfect video . Get one with a A-8 processor at  mimimum  for good results.

Are there any other possibilities for this problem. I was running an Ipad mini 4. I have been on the forum for a while now and have seen Donnie's reply multiple times and have went through his checklist. ( thank you for the time invested) I was debating between a crystal sky and an Ipad pro version 2. As usual the DJI product was on backorder so I now have an Ipad pro V2(A10 Processor). I still get green screen and lagging/pausing video. Does it for both Inspire 1's. Other point is the same devices with the Mavic and GO 4 have never had an issue. Did everything , Device upgrades, new cables latest firmware on Inspire and remote. I use an X5 camera that is shared between Inspires. Usually switch aircraft out each month just to rotate and keep firmware up to date. Only thing not tried was to reload firmware for X3 and try it with that camera. Last thing, Last question is, Does the 32 channel hack no longer work with the latest updates?
2018-1-9
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Upgrade the Go app device to the fastest processor you can afford.  I use an I pad Pro with the A-10 processor and get perfect video . Get one with a A-8 processor at  mimimum  for good results.

Hi Donnie,
What do you think about this Unusable GO App 3.1.23 on iOS 11.2.1 and iOS 11.2.2?
2018-1-9
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-1-9 08:13
Are there any other possibilities for this problem. I was running an Ipad mini 4. I have been on the forum for a while now and have seen Donnie's reply multiple times and have went through his checklist. ( thank you for the time invested) I was debating between a crystal sky and an Ipad pro version 2. As usual the DJI product was on backorder so I now have an Ipad pro V2(A10 Processor). I still get green screen and lagging/pausing video. Does it for both Inspire 1's. Other point is the same devices with the Mavic and GO 4 have never had an issue. Did everything , Device upgrades, new cables latest firmware on Inspire and remote. I use an X5 camera that is shared between Inspires. Usually switch aircraft out each month just to rotate and keep firmware up to date. Only thing not tried was to reload firmware for X3 and try it with that camera. Last thing, Last question is, Does the 32 channel hack no longer work with the latest updates?

Hi,
same problem as you, with a crystalsky and an I1 pro.
Looking for a solution.
As DJI does not answer to my questions in the Crystalsky thread, the best explanation I've found at that time is 'Inspire 1 + DJIGo 3 upgrades = planned obsolescence'
One solution that works for some people is downgrade the Inspire FW to 1.08. If no 'official' proposal, maybe I will try that.
2018-1-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-9 11:15
Hi Donnie,
What do you think about this Unusable GO App 3.1.23 on iOS 11.2.1 and iOS 11.2.2?

I have this issue and don't think it can fixed until they come out with  a new go app update.

donnie
2018-1-10
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-1-9 08:13

If you still get the green screen ( after updating to the I pad pro ) and lagging video I would look for a pinched wire from the Vibration board to the AC, sometimes they get pinched and will cause this problem.  Also carefully inspect the camera gimbal connection to the vibration board. My bet would be on the Cable from the vibration board to the AC. ( the main mount for the camera to the vibratiion board. look for any bent  or poor connection here )
Did you go over this post of mine .
If you have replaced that cable then you may have  a broken cracked circuit board eiether on the Camera or the AC.  May need to send it in  for repair as you seem to have done your due dilligance on this one.
I do know of one other member who had a similar issue as you and it was the cable from the Vibration board to the AC, be sure to inspect closely and look at the molex pug as well.

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !
Donnie

2018-1-10
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-10 05:01
If you still get the green screen ( after updating to the I pad pro ) and lagging video I would look for a pinched wire from the Vibration board to the AC, sometimes they get pinched and will cause this problem.  Also carefully inspect the camera gimbal connection to the vibration board. My bet would be on the Cable from the vibration board to the AC. ( the main mount for the camera to the vibratiion board. look for any bent  or poor connection here )
Did you go over this post of mine .
If you have replaced that cable then you may have  a broken cracked circuit board eiether on the Camera or the AC.  May need to send it in  for repair as you seem to have done your due dilligance on this one.

OK, more detail to a persistent problem. (Donnie, Thanks again for your time and patience)
1. I have 2 Inspire 1's. One is a version 1 and the other is a version 2. The version 2 is a replacement from a crash 2months ago (State Farm insurance rocks)
2. I had the problem on both inspires previous to replacement. X5 is also new as well as I1 V2. Crash was due to green screen/ freeze while filming near trees. New Inspire 1 V2 and X5 had lag on maiden flight.
3. Problem has been around for well over 4 months now. X5 is also used on an Osmo via hardwire connection ( using android device for Osmo)
4. I have changed firmware on both inspires and put on x3 camera with same results, Intermitant freezing and various amount of green screen.
5. Reloaded I1 pro firmware and tested again with x5. Same results (Lag and or partial green screen.
6. Same Ipad Pro linked to Mavic and goggles using DJIGO 4, no issues.
7. If I sit Inspires on table with no propellers, I can play with camera till battery is dead with no issues. Problem only happens when in the air.
8. I have 2 remotes. One is amplified (Titan Atlas), One is not. I have switched remotes between Inspires and still see problem regardless of remote.
Sorry for providing such a long read, Hoping to help others as well as myself.
I feel it is the Go app at this point or both Inspire 1's are damaged and or old  x5 camera as well as new in box along with the x3I do sync with Airdata, there are no warnings during the flights which is actually more frustrating..
9. Purchased Lychee app this morning and flew at sunup. No issues. I do prefer the DJI GO app but I am waiting to see if  next version changes anything.
I hope this helps. I know some have issues and some don't. This is the first actual problem I have encountered and I am actually happy with my track record so far. Its only a hobby for me and not a living so it effect nothing other than my spending money. Still love the Inspire/Mavic/Osmo and goggles.
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_70RWObL
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys thanks for all the responses I will try a different device on it and see what happens, is android better or is Apple better any thoughts ? To really Get on my nerves I also crashed my yuneec typhoon in front of a client the other day lol, " they go up didi up up , they go downn didi down down" those magnificent men with their flying machines !!!!!!! Lol
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_70RWObL
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Upgrade the Go app device to the fastest processor you can afford.  I use an I pad Pro with the A-10 processor and get perfect video . Get one with a A-8 processor at  mimimum  for good results.

Thanks Donnie I'll try a new device
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_70RWObL
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-8 14:50
Your I-pad mini 2 is no longer fast enough to run the DJI app. Each time the app upgrades, it becomes more memory/processor hungry until it no longer runs on the older devices. Time to upgrade your device I'm afraid.

Mark G.

Thanks Mark I'll start trawling the adds for a newer tablet
2018-1-10
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

Hi all,
Thx Donnie for all your notes & suggestions.
The Ipad pro is (at the moment) the most powerful device available within a 10 parsecs range ^^.
If it does not work properly with an Ipad pro, it will not work with any other device. As Donnie says, it could be an intermittent bad contact issue somewhere in the aircraft.
In my case it's a little bit different.
The behaviour of the Inspire is correct with an Iphone7+, but not with a Crystalsky.
Same thing when the X5 is installed on the Osmo.
I suspect that the Iphone7+ has more horsepower than the Crystalsky, and that -in my case- the issue (which is only lag and low FPS, but not freeze and green screen) is FW/DJI Go related
My problems started when I installed the Osmo FW in the X5.
So, today I'm at the point where I'm wondering if
- I can remove the Osmo components in the X5
- I can downgrade the Inspire at a level when it was working perfeclty with a modest Ipad Mini 2  (FW version 1.08) . If yes, the question is: will the FW 1.08 work with the DJI Go embedded in the Crystalsky ?
I'd like to have an advice from DJI at least on these 2 questions ...

2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_70RWObL Posted at 2018-1-10 16:19
Hi guys thanks for all the responses I will try a different device on it and see what happens, is android better or is Apple better any thoughts ? To really Get on my nerves I also crashed my yuneec typhoon in front of a client the other day lol, " they go up didi up up , they go downn didi down down" those magnificent men with their flying machines !!!!!!! Lol

In my opinion the apple devices are better, and somewhere in the Literature from DJI they say that they re tuned towards there devices.

I have had good luck  with the apple devices personally . Get an processor with  a Minimum of A9 or better yet get the A10 processor .
If you get the I pad pro standard  size with GPS and Cell function ( dont need to enable  the cell but it comes with the GPS ) you can use the Follow me on the go app as well, It is not much more .  This is the one I have .  Most times signals that are breaking up is the fault of the  go app device not having a fast enough processor .

Let me know if this solves your issue .

donnie

2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-1-10 08:56
OK, more detail to a persistent problem. (Donnie, Thanks again for your time and patience)
1. I have 2 Inspire 1's. One is a version 1 and the other is a version 2. The version 2 is a replacement from a crash 2months ago (State Farm insurance rocks)
2. I had the problem on both inspires previous to replacement. X5 is also new as well as I1 V2. Crash was due to green screen/ freeze while filming near trees. New Inspire 1 V2 and X5 had lag on maiden flight.

Have you flown in other areas as well ?  when you have the green screen are you getting all of the signal  (HD)  or do they show weak signal ?  If the signal bars are weak and your within say 300 feet then I would think we had  antenna issue or something there if you have solid signal and all of the signal bars are full then I think we have some other problem  such as a bad circuit board

ARE YOU USING A HIGH QUALITY CABLE BETWEEN THE RC AND THE GO APP ???

DID YOU GO OVER MY TIPS PAGE ???

What distance does the screen go to green ? anytime the AC motors  is running or is  there a certain distance.

Have you inspected the cable from the vibration board to the AC ? I will try to find it, I remember another member had a similar issue  with the green screen and came down to the cable between the vibration board and the AC , he  found it was crimped and damaged ,once replaced signal was perfect .

Also you say it is perfect when sitting on the ground ( table ) , what happens to the video if you walk the transmitter a bit of a distance a way , may need a helper but see if the video goes  to green.

Also while the Ac is on the table jiggle the vibration board or the AC a bit and serif you can get the screen to go green to narrow down the problem .

*** ON the HD tab of the ?Go app , have you slid the Transmission bit rate for the best signal ? or do you have it set for max distance ?  

Very odd that BOTH of  YOUR systems are going this , so I understand thinking it may be the Go app itself ( common denominator ) but  you have a New I pad Pro so that should Not be the case.  Just wondering if it is environmental , have you flown at other spots  as well with the same Effect?

OK, Just  RE READ YOUR POST , when you use the litchi app you have no issues at all ? the screen is perfect ?  Only with the Go app  you get the Screen going green , Is that correct ? If so then you are correct it must be the go app .  If you can be sure to do a COMPLETE  wipe off your  device and re load the go app.   Make sure You are using the Goapp for the INspire and NOT the Inspire 2 .make sure you load the correct one . Also not sure if the 32 channel "update " ...."Hack" is such and ugly term (LOL ) Im looking into that as I have it on my devices but not sure ifit will still upload off of my itunes.
UPDATE, the 32 cahnnels does work with the latest Go app update .  also look at the slider bar below the frequncy choices, make sure you have yours to the Far left for max picture quality at close range and to the left for best pic at longer ranges .

donnie

2018-1-11
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-10 04:59
I have this issue and don't think it can fixed until they come out with  a new go app update.

donnie

Thanks Donnie. It calmed me down
What's worse that issue also applies all iOS apps based on DJI SDK
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-11 02:15
Hi all,
Thx Donnie for all your notes & suggestions.
The Ipad pro is (at the moment) the most powerful device available within a 10 parsecs range ^^.

Just a  quick input .  You can only rollback one version of Firmware if  the AC if on version 1.9 ( to get to 1.8 ) You can rollback the RC transmitter further but NOT the Aircraft .

so if on the latest FW 1.11 can only go back to 1.10 .
List below of  FW with corrersponding RC. This way you can see what you could rollback to depending on version

3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.40 - Dec '16. R/C 1.7.60
1.11.01.50 July  '17  R/C 1.7.80

X5 (Inspire Pro)
1.1.0.40 - Nov '15
1.2.0.50 - Dec '15
1.3.0.60 - Dec '15
1.4.0.70 - Mar '16
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16  - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.4.0 - Dec '16 R/C 1.7.60
1.11.01.50 July  -'17 R/C 1.7.80

donnie
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-11 10:30
Thanks Donnie. It calmed me down
What's worse that issue also applies all iOS apps based on DJI SDK

Happy to help Calm your Nerves !!

How bout some nice Polish Vodka !!

donnie
2018-1-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-1-10 08:56
1. I have 2 Inspire 1's. One is a version 1 and the other is a version 2. The version 2 is a replacement from a crash 2months ago (State Farm insurance rocks)
2. I had the problem on both inspires previous to replacement. X5 is also new as well as I1 V2. Crash was due to green screen/ freeze while filming near trees. New Inspire 1 V2 and X5 had lag on maiden flight.

funny enough any problem I get on DJI GO mirrors in Litchi
2018-1-11
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-11 10:37
Happy to help Calm your Nerves !!

How bout some nice Polish Vodka !!

Veeeery nice
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

It is the Universal language , I actually put that up by accident , it was supposed to be a bottle of vodka but that popped up inside and I cracked up .

She is a Nice Polish girl.....

donnie
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-11 11:13
funny enough any problem I get on DJI GO mirrors in Litchi

Checkout post #20 ,maybe it will calm your nerves a bit too .....

Sonny
2018-1-11
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-11 10:35
Just a  quick input .  You can only rollback one version of Firmware if  the AC if on version 1.9 ( to get to 1.8 ) You can rollback the RC transmitter further but NOT the Aircraft .

so if on the latest FW 1.11 can only go back to 1.10 .

Thanks Donnie for all your time.
I was looking for the AC/RC correspondance, for the 1.8.1.00.
I think I will test that:
https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... .17842/#post-164575
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-11 13:31
Thanks Donnie for all your time.
I was looking for the AC/RC correspondance, for the 1.8.1.00.
I think I will test that:

Interesting, if you try this let me know if it works, seems I had heard of this before but it did not actually work but I could be  wrong.

donnie
2018-1-12
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-11 10:20
Have you flown in other areas as well ?  when you have the green screen are you getting all of the signal  (HD)  or do they show weak signal ?  If the signal bars are weak and your within say 300 feet then I would think we had  antenna issue or something there if you have solid signal and all of the signal bars are full then I think we have some other problem  such as a bad circuit board

ARE YOU USING A HIGH QUALITY CABLE BETWEEN THE RC AND THE GO APP ???

I guess I could have added more detail yet. Cable between controller and Ipad new and certified. Even used original cable that came with the Ipad till I was tired of the hanging length. Cable between vibration board is new on I1 V1. I have a parts drone and even changed the compass unit ( internal component the the vibration board plugs into) I do live near and often fly in the New Jersey Pine Barrens which are famous for bog iron so location could have been a good culprit except I had the same issue in Palm Dessert CA, Park City Utah, Mont Tremblant, Quebec. Some of the locations are populated and some so remote there is no cell signal. Green screen varies and is unpredictable. Temps have varied from 114 down to -23. Definite on the GoApp for I1 and not I2. Litchi works like a dream so I will keep switching back to the as DJI updates it , as well as keep trying along with Apple updates. It may be an Apple IOS issue, Who knows. I am still in the air and still having fun. Its electronics and crap happens. I, We, the forum will get it resolved. In the meantime I am still having fun and hope this helps others. Still cant get 32 channel Upgrade to take. Going to try again later.
Thanks again, I will follow up if anything changes
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-1-12 08:25
I guess I could have added more detail yet. Cable between controller and Ipad new and certified. Even used original cable that came with the Ipad till I was tired of the hanging length. Cable between vibration board is new on I1 V1. I have a parts drone and even changed the compass unit ( internal component the the vibration board plugs into) I do live near and often fly in the New Jersey Pine Barrens which are famous for bog iron so location could have been a good culprit except I had the same issue in Palm Dessert CA, Park City Utah, Mont Tremblant, Quebec. Some of the locations are populated and some so remote there is no cell signal. Green screen varies and is unpredictable. Temps have varied from 114 down to -23. Definite on the GoApp for I1 and not I2. Litchi works like a dream so I will keep switching back to the as DJI updates it , as well as keep trying along with Apple updates. It may be an Apple IOS issue, Who knows. I am still in the air and still having fun. Its electronics and crap happens. I, We, the forum will get it resolved. In the meantime I am still having fun and hope this helps others. Still cant get 32 channel Upgrade to take. Going to try again later.
Thanks again, I will follow up if anything changes

Go to youtube for the 32 channel update instructions .  There is a video made by Ben that is pretty good . I don't remember all  the details as I did mine a while back but those where the instructions  I used. I will try to find it .
I am sure you already deleted and tried to reinstall the go app , Is that correct ?? make sure you install the go app for the Inspire and not the go app 4 for the Inspire 2 !! Just wondering if one of your setting is out of whack  , for example do you have the Setting  for Mhz set for the usa which is 60 ?  or perhaps some other setting that may be out of whack .  Very strange that the Litchi works great but not the Go app.

Regarding 32 channel update : ( wonder if you deleted something when you were trying to install the 32 channel update and that is causing the  vido transmission issues, I would delete the app and start over . Be sure to delete it off the I tunes account as well so you start fresh . Or at the very least  delete the go app and re install and before messing with the 32 cahnnel update test the system .   
Here is some basic instuctions, all you are doing is adding the dji configs file to the go app, faily simple .The information you want starts at about the 2:20mark.  In addition  therer are other vidos on you tube on how to do it ,  this chap has a bit of a heavy Irish to his voice .

good Luck

donnie

2018-1-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

BtW, I tried the 32ch mod on Crystalsky, seems not obvious to find where is the data directory to put the config file
2018-1-13
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 05:03
Interesting, if you try this let me know if it works, seems I had heard of this before but it did not actually work but I could be  wrong.

donnie

Hi Donnie,
I tried today.
It did not worked (from the 1.11)
I got this:
========== 2018.01.13 15:48:49 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2018.01.13 15:49:24 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

What is funny, is you can downgrade the RC at 1.6.0 thru the appli, but not the RC to the corresponding version. Very logical...

BTW, I used the Inspire today, the compass on my second Crystalsky does not work better than the first one
Actually, the North is not displayed at all on the compass...I resent the first one because the compass was jerky....
°@*%#
I think I will drink a glass of polish vodka before decide what I do next.
Maybe try to negociate with my shop a replacement of the Crystalsky by a Ipad pro...

2018-1-13
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 11:18
Go to youtube for the 32 channel update instructions .  There is a video made by Ben that is pretty good . I don't remember all  the details as I did mine a while back but those where the instructions  I used. I will try to find it .
I am sure you already deleted and tried to reinstall the go app , Is that correct ?? make sure you install the go app for the Inspire and not the go app 4 for the Inspire 2 !! Just wondering if one of your setting is out of whack  , for example do you have the Setting  for Mhz set for the usa which is 60 ?  or perhaps some other setting that may be out of whack .  Very strange that the Litchi works great but not the Go app.

Just followed that youtube tutorial, 32 channel update doesn't work for me, neither latest GO and Inspire 1 Pro nor latest GO4 and Phantom 4

GO + I1P

GO + I1P

GO4 + PH4

GO4 + PH4

2018-1-13
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Update !!

Polish vodka was efficient.
I forgot one thing. In my windows, the file extension of the debug file was not visible, because not activated in windows.
The DEBUG file was actually a txt file. The big point to know is that the extension has to be removed, otherwise the downgrade process will not work.
After install in the SD root the FW that you want + the DEBUG file with no extension, at power ON  the download starts as usual.
In my case it took about 35 mn to pass from 1.11 to 1.08
After the AC, I downgraded the RC with the appli, with my ipad.
Then, I had to rebind the AC with the RC. I followed this procedure
http://www.inspirehelp.com/Files/I1-BindRemoteController.pdf

And you know what ?
My ipad mini2 which was not supporting anymore the video downstream is resuscitated
Another good news is that the crystalsky seems to work with this version.
With Crystalsky, I have:
App  3.1.23
Version 1.8.1.00
Camera 1.8.01.00
RC   1.6.0
Basic Flysafe database  01.00.01.05

It's 10.30 PM, if the weather is OK tomorrow I will try a flight. If OK, I will check if the other batteries need a downgrade
But the good news is: the DEBUG mod works !
2018-1-13
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still have no problems with the iPad mini 4 or the Nvidia Shield K1 (OS 5.1.1)
When i did have iPad green screen problems i went in and deleted ALL dji files from the device, including the App.
If you don't delete all folders and files there is no point to just deleting and re-installing the App.

Once i had deleted all and re-installed the App everything worked fine. That's where i stopped updating firmware and no problems since.
2018-1-13
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-13 13:38
Update !!

Polish vodka was efficient.

So it did work ! WOW. I have never heard of this working before.  That is great work on your part ,Kudos!

cheers

donnie
2018-1-14
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

MedicFL1 Posted at 2018-1-13 14:28
Still have no problems with the iPad mini 4 or the Nvidia Shield K1 (OS 5.1.1)
When i did have iPad green screen problems i went in and deleted ALL dji files from the device, including the App.
If you don't delete all folders and files there is no point to just deleting and re-installing the App.

So just curious, On the I pad were are all these other files you speak of ?  I thought deleting the App was enough.  

If you just give me the basics of where the other folders and files are at that will help .

thanksI love Polish Vodka  ....

donnie
2018-1-14
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-13 12:46
Just followed that youtube tutorial, 32 channel update doesn't work for me, neither latest GO and Inspire 1 Pro nor latest GO4 and Phantom 4
[view_image][view_image]

I don't think it will work at all with the Phantom 4 as it is different Lightbridge but It should work on Inspire app.  As the matter of fact I know it should as I have it on the latest version of the Go app.

I know it was a bit tricky but can be  done .

donnie
2018-1-14
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2018-1-13 12:46
[view_image][view_image]

Here is a screen shot of my Go app on the iTunes.  The 32 channel  on the top is the DJI configs file just renamed.
32  channel I pad page .jpeg
2018-1-14
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Donnie "Apple M Posted at 2018-1-14 05:57
So it did work ! WOW. I have never heard of this working before.  That is great work on your part ,Kudos!

cheers

Hi Donnie,
I tested today in flight.
It's not perfect, but the video feedback with the Crystalsky is much better with the FW 1.08. It's usable again.
The Inspire is working perfectly. I did no have problems with flight limitation.
The battery FW is the same in FW 1.08 and 1.11. There is nothing special to do with the batteries.
2018-1-14
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

castormalin Posted at 2018-1-14 08:53
Hi Donnie,
I tested today in flight.
It's not perfect, but the video feedback with the Crystalsky is much better with the FW 1.08. It's usable again.

Hi,
Is possible to downgrade a Inspire 1 Pro to 01.00.00.30 (Sept '15)?
2018-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie "Apple M Posted at 2018-1-14 06:11
Here is a screen shot of my Go app on the iTunes.  The 32 channel  on the top is the DJI configs file just renamed.

Here is mine, slightly different. Probably you use different version of GO then me. go i1p.jpg

So, previously 32 channel mod worked for me on both GO and GO4, iOS and Android as well (I use iPad4 Mini and Shield K1). After one of latest update this feature gone on both.
2018-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules